Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi Great hair mask!

Love it @tjffc! โค๏ธ I want to pick up the rose water shampoo and conditioner at some point. I have a sample pack of the tgin honey hair mask that Iโ€™m excited to try! ๐Ÿฏ 

@itsfi  Oooo interested in that hair mask! Sounds amazing. And anything that works for you and @lmaster  must work for me!!! I like how enabling is 1 and poor wallet is 0. Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s worth it tho! Especially in the summer. I canโ€™t get enough hair masks. My hair is soooo dry. Iโ€™ve seen the TCS one before and always passed on it. I may have to give it a try next time I see it!! Lovely photo!! 

@ather @itsfi I've bought I think 6 tgin products so far, I think this is my go to brand

@lmaster  @itsfi  Thatโ€™s so awesome to hear!!! 

The hair mask is really nice @ather! ๐Ÿ˜ I need to get back on track with hair masks; it has definitely taken a back seat to ... everything! since being home. ๐Ÿ˜” โ€œAlright, do better, Fi!!โ€ There I go, ather, talking to myself again!! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  I use to hair mask every Saturday then I got lazy. But I bought the new Olaplex 0 and Iโ€™ve been really good and did it every week since buying it!!! 

@ather, youโ€™re so good!! Nice work! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Do you use the Olaplex No. 0 by itself or do you follow it up with another hair product?

@itsfi  I followed it with Olaplex 3 which they recommended. Olaplex 0 is super annoying to put on. I was hoping to hate it since itโ€™s such a hassle but it works soooo good. I tried putting it in a spray bottle to make application easier but I think the mist was too fine and I ended up inhaling it and it wasnโ€™t the most pleasant thing. I have a leave in conditioner spray, I might try the bottle once itโ€™s gone. Might be a better sprayer on it. I will definitely repurchase even with the hassle. 

Oh wow, the results must be really good @ather! Glad you found something you love; too bad it requires so much effort, but maybe when you find a bottle that works itโ€™ll be easier.

H is for heavenly after weeks of long days and nights.
S is for soothing and superb sleep aid.
Iโ€™m sure these steam eye masks can be found in Asian drugstores or grocery stores.
Ahhhh...lavenderAhhhh...lavender
Spoiler
All the masks from this Dewytree line are marvelous and I owe my introduction to this lavender varietal to the fabulous @sonnydee - thank you, thank you! ๐Ÿค— The lavender scent on this Dewytree It's Pure Lavender Mask is perfectly soothing for winding down after days of sitting in front of a computer ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿ’ป. When I was younger, I didnโ€™t care for the scent of lavender but nowadays, I find it a relaxing scent that I welcome (so long as itโ€™s not too overpowering). Thereโ€™s a certain calm and relaxation from taking in the scent on this one. It's much like and exquisitely complements the calming "ahhhh" feeling from the second skin fit that the Tencel material from this mask brings. It gently clung to my skin and stayed on for the entire half hour I had on the mask, hugging the contours of my face and sealing in the goodness from the clear watery serum that saturates the mask. Despite my tiredness last night, it was a 30 minutes well spent. After pressing in the excess serum to help it along with absorption, my skin looked less dull and more hydrated, supple, and lively. This morning, my complexion looked refreshed ... and I'm sure my coworkers who had to see me in person or on calls are very grateful for that. ๐Ÿคฃ

To keep with the calming effects from the lavender, I reached for the lightly lavender scented and nourishing Milk Makeup Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask to keep my lips soft and moisturized overnight. I really like the consistency and wear of this lip mask; it's neither too slippery nor too thick. To help make my drifting off to sleep more relaxing, I went with the lavender version of an old faithful, Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Mask. I love these eye masks. ๐Ÿ’– The warming action is wonderful for creating a sense of calm, relaxation, and peacefulness. I donโ€™t know what it is about these steam eye masks but they are seriously perfect for helping me to unwind. A definite go to - steam eye masks are superhero skincare beauties in my book!

@itsfi  Iโ€™m sure you always look fabulous! And your coworkers are lucky to have you!!  I need to check out this dewytree line. Adding to my watch list!!! I also love those steam eye masks. I take a hot bath every night and once and a while after I slip one on and relax!! I must use one soon. I think the only reason Iโ€™m avoiding them right now is because the back of my ears are a tad irritated from my masks. But awesome little treats. Iโ€™ve tried to get my husband to try them also but was given a hard no. Oh well more for me!!!

Awww, youโ€™re so sweet @ather; thank you for always being so kind! ๐Ÿค— Oh my goodness, yes, this whole mask wearing has caused a lot of skin irritation. ๐Ÿ˜” But I tell myself itโ€™s a small price to pay. Safety first. Do you think the steam eye masks would stay on if you used them while lying down but didnโ€™t use the ear loops? 

How interesting? Did your husband say why he didnโ€™t want to try them? Is it because of how they look? I saw they made a man version ๐Ÿ™„ Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s just the pattern on them thatโ€™s different. I donโ€™t know that for a fact though. Note to self - โ€œSelf, pick up the โ€œman versionโ€ after your no buy to test out.โ€ Itโ€™s for research. 

@itsfi  I tried them while laying down without the loops on and it didnโ€™t give the best feeling. Better when the loops are on. I should try one tomorrow night. I donโ€™t leave my house much on my days off so my ears may feel better. Iโ€™ve ordered new masks as well. They are suppose to feel way better so that may fix my problem too. I agree Iโ€™d much rather wear a mask and protect myself and others then not wear one at all. Some places in my province are making masks mandatory which I totally agree with. I just wish they didnโ€™t irritate my ears so much. I have a few that go over my head but they fall down or push on my nose a lot and hurt. So I stuck to the ear ones!!! 

He didnโ€™t say why. Iโ€™ll ask him again next time I use them. Iโ€™ll keep my eyes on the lookout for the man version too. I actually saw that they have a chamomile version. I need to test it. I really enjoy chamomile tea. Maybe Iโ€™ll have a masking night theme!! 

@ather, I canโ€™t imagine wearing the masks for as long as you and your coworkers do. Thank you! Youโ€™ve probably tried it but do the headbands with the buttons help a little with the ear irritation? Yeah, Iโ€™ve been figuring out when and which different types of fabric on masks work better for me. A learning curve. 

@itsfi  Yea the headbands help but they slide down my hair too. Itโ€™s to soft I guess. Oh well. Iโ€™m sure the elastic on my new ones will help! I think itโ€™s more the texture of the ones I have. My husband says his is really comfortable but he only wears it into places not all day. Iโ€™ve actually used his and itโ€™s super comfortable lol oh well! 

@ather, I really hope your new masks are more comfortable. 

This looks like a really great calming masking session, @itsfi! That Dewytree was in my cart for a recent purchase before it went out of stock, so I'll have to keep an eye out for when it comes back. 

@quspork, these are good to have on hand. I just saw that theyโ€™re back in stock at masksheets (dot) com. ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ  

Another creative work of art @itsfi so calming sounds perfect right about now

Thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— Iโ€™ve been reaching for masks that are soothing and calming these days. Weโ€™ve been in a heat wave so I havenโ€™t been burning any candles. Itโ€™ll hopefully cool down tomorrow so I can bring them back out; itโ€™s calming and therapeutic having the house smell nice; or at least the area around my work desk. 

Photos1,714
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg