Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Another creative work of art @itsfi so calming sounds perfect right about now

Thank you @lmaster! πŸ€— I’ve been reaching for masks that are soothing and calming these days. We’ve been in a heat wave so I haven’t been burning any candles. It’ll hopefully cool down tomorrow so I can bring them back out; it’s calming and therapeutic having the house smell nice; or at least the area around my work desk. 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ { no words😍😍😍😍} @itsfi 

@sonnydee, no need for words; we have emojii’s. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ₯° Thank you so much for gifting me these Dewytree masks - such a beautiful line of sheet masks. 😍 This one paired so nicely with the other lavender items I had. A good and welcome way to put me at ease. 

@itsfi The lavendar mask has gorgeous packaging.   I love lavender as well

@tjffc, yes!! Even the packaging provides a certain amount of calm. πŸ˜† 

@itsfi  Looks and sounds like a the perfect pre-bedtime masking session!

Love those steam eye masks! They are great for headaches!  πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, it was a nice way to unwind and relax a bit before getting to bed. Love these steam eye masks; they're phenomenal! πŸ’–

@itsfi  those steam masks are superhero’s for sure! I can’t thank you enough for introducing me. So wonderful during allergy season and during those chilly nights! 

I just gave a box of the steam eye masks to one of my colleagues @missjeanie. Gotta spread the love!! πŸ’–

More S and H from this week:

S for G9 Skin Strawberry Milk Bomb Mask

IMG_20200821_144033.jpg

Annnnnnnnnd

quspork_0-1598038839906.gif

I wanted to like this. It's got the slightly thicker woven cotton sheet that I love because it's so soft against the skin. There was plenty of serum soaking the sheet. But. That scent! Oof. I don't know that I can even place it. Maybe there was a hint of chemical strawberry but overall it was just overpowering and unpleasant. I ended up only having the sheet on for about 5 minutes because of that, so no real results to speak of. I'll stick with Apieu for fruity milk masks in the future. 

And for H the Biobelle #HappyHour mask  

IMG_20200821_144131.jpg

This is one of the older versions of Biobelle which I think a lot of us have expressed a preference for over the newer versions. The sheet is comfortable with plenty of serum, a good fit, and has great adherence. I had this one on for quite a while since it was so well saturated. Removal left just a bit of tack and had my skin feeling hydrated and plump. I think this is my last one of the Happy Hour version and only one of a couple of the older versions left in my stash, so that makes me sad. The newer ones are ok, but not nearly as nice as these were. 

@quspork sorry to hear about the scent! I wish I could of tried an older version 😣

@quspork I almost tried that g9 but went with another now, I'm kinda scaredπŸ˜• but I will miss happy hour mask!

Maybe the G9 scent will be less noticeable for you, @sonnydee - I hope you like it more than I did!

@quspork Love the name!

Love the gif @quspork !

Sometimes a gif just really sums it all up, @missjeanieπŸ˜‚

@quspork  I tried the G9 mask too and wasn't a fan of it either - I agree, the scent was pretty horrible!

I have the same opinion as you about the BioBELLE masks - the old/original ones were much better! I'm super sad they're being discontinued!

Glad it's not just me with the G9, @Shosh85!

Hahaha, love the gif @quspork! Sorry the strawberry milk mask was a miss. It seems like it's trying to be a dupe or knockoff of the A'Pieu mask. Love the older version of those Biobelle masks.

The good thing about masks that are just total misses is that I know what I can cross off my future purchase list at least, @itsfi.