Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@WinglessOne  Iโ€™m not a big wine drinker, but I love a good Malbec. I was lucky enough to work at a 5 diamond restaurant where the sommeliers allowed us to try all the wines... it was the best education in wine and was a huge benefit when I started officially learning more later in my career. 
your comparison has me sold in this mask! And sold on needing to crack open some wine I have in the bar! 

That sounds like an amazing experience, @missjeanie! What a great way to not only be able to try all of the delicious wines but also learn from the professionals about their qualities. 

Wait, wait, wait . . . @missjeanie, you tried all the wines at a 5 diamond restaurant??!! *swoons ๐Ÿ˜ With the sommelier?!

(thinks about that again . . . *swoons) ๐Ÿคฉ 

What an incredible opportunity! โ™ฅ๏ธ So happy to hear you were able to do that! ๐Ÿค— 

lol @itsfi It was a lot of work at the time but it was a big introduction to the world of food for me, the start of a lovely career.  I look back on those memories with a big smile.  I actually just looked up the restaurant and it still has it's rating.  I'd love to go back some time once we're cool to travel again. 

Ohhh @missjeanie, thatโ€™s awesome that you have those memories! ๐Ÿฅฐ You should definitely go back when you can. 

@missjeanie Ooooh, that is lucky! I think that's one of the best ways to learn about wines. If only everyone could have access to what I'm sure was an amazing wine collection! 

I hope you enjoy this mask if you try it! 

It was a super nice place, every shift in our pre service meeting we'd do a tasting of one of the wines and one of the menu items.  @WinglessOne at the time I was working in their pastry shop and it was one of the most amazing things for me.  I was in my early 20's and had just left home where dinner was meat, potato, vegetable.  Seeing all of the amazing foods and wines was an eye opener for me!  I just looked up their restaurant as I haven't in years now... I really should carve out some time to travel back there once traveling is kosher again!  

Several masks gifted and inspired by BIC beauties for last night and this evening. 

Spoiler

Last night I was inspired by @itsfi  to bust out a foot mask. I had a Dr. jart foot Smoothing mask from @mrsmouse  and tonight was the night! I slipped them on and headed to bed. I figured if moisturizer and socks were supposed to be good then actual moisturizing socks would be great. I totally discounted the fact that I canโ€™t sleep with things on my feet. After about three hours of tossing and turning with little sleep I had to peel them off and throw them on the floor. It had to be done. I do vaguely recall that my feet felt slippery smooth when I was falling back to sleep. This morning I woke up and was trying to figure out if my feet felt any different. Conclusion... Im not sure. My feet werenโ€™t in bad shape to start, and the mask is meant to be smoothing.... fine lines are more a concern on my crows feet, not my actual feet. I will say the warming aspect of this foot mask has me glad I have a couple more, I can see myself loving them come winter. Iโ€™m glad to have been nudged to try these!

The Whole Foods Bio Cellulose Nourasing Royal Jelly was influenced by @Shosh85  . I tried a WF mask earlier this week and it was ok. Shosh mentioned that their bio cellulose are are better so I found that I had two more in my collection, this one courtesy of mrsmouse again! I have to say the scent on this one is quite subdued , it might be mostly Shea butter scented? I had the mask on for the 20 minutes suggested and I could just feel it starting to dry out a bit. Any remaining serum sunk in on its own in a matter of minutes. Zero tackiness after at all. Is my skin more nourished? How does one tell? It does feel less dehydrated than it was pre mask. I will day I enjoyed this mask more than the last one. I think the mask material is a key here for me. Not much by way of extra serum but it did feel nice going into my dรฉcolletรฉ and arms. I think the lack of tack is nicer for me on my body than my face. I donโ€™t really care about tack on my face, but it can bug me on my body. Iโ€™m curious to try the other one I have now!

1A7F4BF6-3549-4599-A308-C329F0CDF496.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@missjeanie  Omg I couldnโ€™t sleep with a foot mask on either. I would literally rip them off. When I do foot masks I can barely move. Iโ€™m not much of a sock person either I guess!!! 

@ather Socks are evil. 

The caring about crow's feet compared to your feet feet cracked me up @missjeanie. I want to think all my lines or smile lines but need a dose of reality occasionally ๐Ÿ˜‚

lol I had to laugh @ShortErica ... I guess some people may be concerned by their foot wrinkles... but... not I.  I'm actually pretty okay with my crow's feet considering how adverse I am to growing up.  Feet wrinkles were a worry I didn't have before this mask. lol

@missjeanie a foot soothing mask!! 

@missjeanie it's good to hear you liked the Dr. Jart foot masks. I've been wondering about these. Not very good reviews so I haven't tried yet, but I think I'll order one, thanks! The warming sounds nice.
I keep seeing all these lovely WF masks. I need to drive to the city to get to one just to buy all the masks!

@ladyassassin after a day I am thinking that feet feel a bit more moisturized.  The warming effect really was the highlight for me, I hate being cold.  I'm glad to have more for this winter!

I'm in Canada and don't have a Whole Foods (Do they have them at all in Canada?), I find that on my US road trip weekends I love stopping in to Trader Joes.  Whole Foods is next on my list too... and Aldi... basically I can't wait to get into the US grocery stores again.  lol

@missjeanie I'm in Canada too. Ontario to be exact and I'm pretty sure there are some around the Toronto area which is over 2 hours from me. I have never been to Whole Foods, but I have heard there are some in Canada. Not sure in which other provinces though. I'll have to Google. I really want to go. 

And yes, those foot masks will be great for our winters. My feet are always cold in the winter.

This looks like a combo of masks I would love @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™m saving that foot mask for the colder weather; the warming effect sounds wonderful. โ™ฅ๏ธ 

@missjeanie  Glad to hear this Whole Foods mask was a bit better than the last one! Which other one do you have?

I really enjoyed that foot mask! - but I think I enjoy any kind of masks that warms up ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85  Much better this round! The other is a hydrating coconut bio cellulose, much more of what my skin needs (dang these dry spells). Iโ€™m curious to see how it goes since my skin can get clogged with coconut oils. It may not even be oil in the mask... Iโ€™ll have to check. Iโ€™m looking forward to trying it next now that I know I like the biocellulose more! 

H is for heavenly after weeks of long days and nights.
S is for soothing and superb sleep aid.
Iโ€™m sure these steam eye masks can be found in Asian drugstores or grocery stores.
Ahhhh...lavenderAhhhh...lavender
Spoiler
All the masks from this Dewytree line are marvelous and I owe my introduction to this lavender varietal to the fabulous @sonnydee - thank you, thank you! ๐Ÿค— The lavender scent on this Dewytree It's Pure Lavender Mask is perfectly soothing for winding down after days of sitting in front of a computer ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿ’ป. When I was younger, I didnโ€™t care for the scent of lavender but nowadays, I find it a relaxing scent that I welcome (so long as itโ€™s not too overpowering). Thereโ€™s a certain calm and relaxation from taking in the scent on this one. It's much like and exquisitely complements the calming "ahhhh" feeling from the second skin fit that the Tencel material from this mask brings. It gently clung to my skin and stayed on for the entire half hour I had on the mask, hugging the contours of my face and sealing in the goodness from the clear watery serum that saturates the mask. Despite my tiredness last night, it was a 30 minutes well spent. After pressing in the excess serum to help it along with absorption, my skin looked less dull and more hydrated, supple, and lively. This morning, my complexion looked refreshed ... and I'm sure my coworkers who had to see me in person or on calls are very grateful for that. ๐Ÿคฃ

To keep with the calming effects from the lavender, I reached for the lightly lavender scented and nourishing Milk Makeup Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask to keep my lips soft and moisturized overnight. I really like the consistency and wear of this lip mask; it's neither too slippery nor too thick. To help make my drifting off to sleep more relaxing, I went with the lavender version of an old faithful, Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Mask. I love these eye masks. ๐Ÿ’– The warming action is wonderful for creating a sense of calm, relaxation, and peacefulness. I donโ€™t know what it is about these steam eye masks but they are seriously perfect for helping me to unwind. A definite go to - steam eye masks are superhero skincare beauties in my book!

@itsfi  Iโ€™m sure you always look fabulous! And your coworkers are lucky to have you!!  I need to check out this dewytree line. Adding to my watch list!!! I also love those steam eye masks. I take a hot bath every night and once and a while after I slip one on and relax!! I must use one soon. I think the only reason Iโ€™m avoiding them right now is because the back of my ears are a tad irritated from my masks. But awesome little treats. Iโ€™ve tried to get my husband to try them also but was given a hard no. Oh well more for me!!!

1 Reply
testing