Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@missjeanie, resting oneโ€™s eyes sure takes longer than I plan. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Or maybe weโ€™re not so good at knowing how much rest we need. Iโ€™m glad you were able to sleep in a little. ๐Ÿ’ค ๐Ÿ› Iโ€™m always reminded how much I love foot masks after I use one. Need to get back to a routine with โ€˜em.

@itsfi You inspired a foot mask for me tonight.  I figured if I fell asleep in a moisturizing one it would be okay!  

Excited to hear about your foot mask @missjeanie! I would be on board with leaving on  a moisturizing foot mask overnight! 

I used a Dr. Jart Smoothing Foot Mask @itsfi , I tried to keep it on all night but after about three hours I peeled them off, I'm not used to sleeping with anything on my feet and I just couldn't do it lol

Makes sense @missjeanie! If I have socks on when I go to bed, they typically come off sometime in the middle of the night - some nights I actually wake up and take them off and others they end up coming off. Three hours is a good amount of time! 

After seeing this I went to my drugstore to buy, hah. I l...

After seeing this I went to my drugstore to buy, hah. I love foot masks and haven't tried the Aveeno ones yet. I plan to try this out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

Re: After seeing this I went to my drugstore to buy, hah. I l...

@ladyassassin, I hope the Aveeno foot mask is a good one for you. Would love to know how you like it. Am also super interested to hear what other foot masks you like! ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi I have on the Aveeno mask now. It feels really nice - liking it so far and I'll likely leave them on for an hour or two. My favourite is the Sephora foot masks, but they are never in stock on the Canada side. I'm desperately wanting to try the new clean foot masks so I'm waiting patiently for them to come in stock. I have been buying the Shopper's Drugmart Life Brand foot masks instead. My favourite is the shea/coconut oil one, though smells of peppermint. It's lovely. Didn't know about the Aveeno ones, they were located in another part of the store.

@ladyassassin, the Sephora foot masks are very good; they are now a very close second to the Aveeno. I usually stock up during the November sale, and pick up as many of the holiday edition ones as I can. ๐Ÿ˜† Thatโ€™s stinks that they are OOS frequently in Canada. I hope they restock soon. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

These sound impressive!! @itsfi I've been seeing oat masks here lately

These masks were really good. It could be that my hands and feet were not getting a lot of love from me but I really enjoyed both these masks. I was so happy with how soft and moisturized my hands and feet felt. Oats are so soothing @lmaster

@itsfi I actually like products by Aveno. I've had my eye on the foot mask for a while.  Thank you for the feedback.  I'll try it now!

@tjffc, the Aveeno shower gel and body lotion have been staples in my mix of bath and body products. โ™ฅ๏ธ I was happily surprised by the foot mask - I usually find most foot masks to be fine enough but this one was spectacular. I suspect itโ€™s a combo of it being very good and my soles being in need of some TLC. Iโ€™d love to know how it works for you. 

@itsfi  I really like these too. I also tend to intentionally fall asleep with hand masks. I don't know if I could with foot masks (especially if it made my feet feel cold), but my feet could probably use the extra moisture.

@PrettyPaint, Aveeno makes some great products. Do you have a preference for these foot masks or the ones from Sephora (or another brand)?

I haven't tried sleeping with the foot masks when it's cold out; if the foot mask isn't too cold on my feet, I'll give it a shot in the wintertime. I think it should be okay, save the initial cold feeling when putting them on. I sleep with 2-3 layers of blankets in the winter (I know, it sounds crazy but it's quite cozy) so hopefully that will help to make it feel less cold. 

That's a good question @itsfi. I haven't tried the new Sephora ones yet, but for the price and the results, I feel like I almost prefer the aveeno ones. Plus, I tend to find them on sale frequently at CVS (I think they have them buy one get one half off quite frequently). I also quite like CICA as an ingredient. 

@PrettyPaint, the Cica was what caught my eye. The Sephora ones have been my faves for years. Iโ€™ll have to keep an eye out for them at CVS. After my no buy ends, of course! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Oooooo these look amazing!! I havenโ€™t seen them but maybe I need to check out a drugstore!! That may be my mission this weekend!! Thanks for the great reviews! 

@ather, the soles of my feet are happy with me after the foot mask. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I didnโ€™t realize I had been neglecting them. ๐Ÿ˜† I need to get back to a weekly hand and foot mask - after all, I do have enough ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

4 S's @itsfi dont forget about Shea butter

Oh, thanks @sonnydee! ๐Ÿค— Yaaay, 4 Sโ€™s! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ That S was only staring me in the face. ๐Ÿ˜ ohhh, where would I be without you @sonnydee?!! 

You may not have seen it, but on the โ€œAboard the Train Tagโ€ thread, I completely botched up the progression of the alphabet - for the thread, one person tags a product with an A in the brand name or product name then another tags one with a B, etc. Anyhow, I decided to not follow the natural sequence. Why? No idea. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I didnโ€™t even realize I had until  @lmaster kindly and astutely pointed out that nope, P does not, in fact, follow Q in the alphabet. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Wow was I on a roll that day or what?!! ๐Ÿ˜ 

testing