Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@missjeanie  That's my favorite PTR mask as well.

@emaisgr8  such a good one!

@missjeanie  I'm with ya, I think it'd be nice if you could get mini tubes of the PTR masks sold individually! My favorites are the pumpkin and Irish mud as well!

I really like Whole Foods masks - with the exception of their foil masks. I'm just not a big fan of the foil material in general. Have you tried any other masks from WF? Their biocellulose masks are my favorite so far. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 This was my first whole food mask.  I think I have another though.  I'm going to see if I can find it for tonight. 

@Shosh85 @missjeanie I agree as well, the smaller tubes would be so beneficial!!

Right... @lmaster these 5 oz jars are killing me! lol

Ahhh, DE Babyfacial - smooth, baby-soft  skin in a bottle @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ’– Sorry to hear the other masks didnโ€™t meet your expectations. The Giselle Honey one sounded so promising. No honey scent though; whatโ€™s up with that?!! But as I think about it, I donโ€™t recall a biocellulose mask Iโ€™ve used as being scented. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” 

Well now that you bring it up @itsfi ... I'm not sure I remember any biocellulose being scented either.  I'll have to keep a nose out for that going forward!

Hahaha! Our sniffers are on the ready @missjeanie!

@missjeanie  I agree I really like the babyfacial mask as well. Iโ€™m red and stingy for like 8 hours after I use it. By morning Iโ€™m usually good by morning. My friend grabbed my bottle when she was state side way before covid. Iโ€™ll be sad when my bottle runs out too!! (I used babyfacial Tuesday night this week and last night I used Farmacy honeymoon glow and I reacted bad. I think I need to space things out after I use it ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was a tomato ๐Ÿ…)

Oh no... @ather I used Honeymoon Glow for two bottles worth and found that my skin built up a tolerance, but I could see how the two used so close together could be bad news bears!  Hope it clears up soon.  

Looks like there will be a couple of Canadians running out of Babyfacial at some point.  I sure hope things clear up and we can travel south again soon.

@missjeanie  Interesting I wouldnโ€™t have thought it would have caused an issue. Iโ€™ll have to try it again and see if I have any problems. Iโ€™ll try it far apart from my babyfacial this time. Have you tried prism? The herbavore similarity to babyfacial? That may be my next one I try if Iโ€™m not able to get more babyfacial!!

No @ather I haven't tried the prism.  I haven't had an Herbivore product since the blue tansy mask.  I'm heading over to check it out though... I love me some exfoliation and it looks like we won't be heading into the US anytime right away. 

@missjeanie  Iโ€™m not super close to state side so I researched a bit to see what would be close and thatโ€™s what I found. And my friend who picked it up for me probably wonโ€™t be going to the states any time soon. If you try it let me know how it goes!

@ather Im crazy close, so I never really thought too much about it, but after having looked at the Prism, Iโ€™m game to give it a shot! Iโ€™ve added it to my sale list! โ€ƒ

this is the view I have across the parking lot from my office window. The other side of the river is the states. 

Spoiler
E78ADD7E-AD64-4E9D-9009-CD01F017A602.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@missjeanie  Omg wow. So close. Yet so far right! I canโ€™t wait for this covid to be over!! I thought about buying the prism during the sale too!! Hopefully things calm down soon so you can go back across!

โ€ƒโ€ƒ

A13E43BC-66FD-44FC-A083-7544FEA1E741.jpeg

F8EE1079-BD32-4AAF-8873-CCBB02005FDD.jpeg

โ€ƒ

So Last week I totally stole @Shosh85 masking idea. and for The Creme Shop Gudetama Tighter N Brighter mask.

I did cut the philtrum area off as that area is very sensitive to citrus. The mask was very cooling on and Iโ€™m hoping for some help with my acne on my chin. It is a very cute mask. I left it on for about 12 minutes. My face felt nicely hydrated afterwards.

50840B29-2438-44CD-85E6-374C26DFBE25.jpeg

B080ADD6-B014-47C3-8D4C-1DEE00734312.jpeg

934AA4B2-D8D6-4A93-B85D-70A21EBB56B5.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@emaisgr8 love that egg!

Gudetama! I always love seeing the lazy egg pop up, @emaisgr8. Glad this one worked out nicely for you. 

testing