Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@eshoe Love the sound of the waffle, honey mask

It was just right, @tjffc - so happy to have a few more!

Ooh, the waffle mask sounds amazing, @eshoe

The other ones look equally delicious, @quspork - one of the most fun new masks Iโ€™ve tried this year! ๐Ÿง‡ ๐Ÿ’—

@eshoe  Oooh, I have the waffle set too and this one sounds wonderful! I'm trying to save them for later because of their later expiration date, but now I'm thinking I want to try them sooner! ๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿฏ So happy to hear you loved it!

Oh my goodness, @Shosh85 - I wanted to use them ALL this week lol! I am so happy you bought the set, too, itโ€™s the best Kocostar Iโ€™ve tried and I have high hopes for the rest:)๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

H for Hello Kitty & Hazel. S for Smith & Cult. and you can get the CS at CVS so fits the drug store theme too! yay. Go me! I've used this mask before & liked it then & still like it. Fit?pretty wide, but you can smush it around to fit better due to the lil cuts in it Smell?Amazing! like sweet apples Consistency? clear serum, kinda runny out of the package but didn't have any mess. No extra in tbe pouch. It dried down without tack. Ease of use?no issues Would I  purchase/try again?yes, & I have more thankfully! ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ oh, the S&C has a apple scent, & a lil goes a long way. I like it but it comes in a pot & is thin. ๐Ÿค”I think i would like it even more if it came in a tube.

Mmmmm love the scent on this apple-licious mask @sonnydee ! 

Super cute apple theme @sonnydee 

I remember really liking this mask also @sonnydee 

@sonnydee Hello Kitty packaging is adorable.  Im glad you liked the results of using this mask.

@sonnydee  These Hello Kitty masks sure are cute! I thought this was a nice one too! Glad you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@sonnydee, this one smells good! Happy to hear this was a winner for you! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@sonnydee if the Smith & Cult comes in a tube, I would definitely purchase. Loved the scent and consistency was pretty good!

Anonymous Insider

Hello lovelies!  
I decided to try the Hourglass Unlocked Mascara and on a whim, I picked up a mini DE A-passioni to try again and see if I can tolerate it this time.   I also grabbed the DE Sili body lotion.  Though its a body lotion and not really a mask I thought I would just quickly mention my experience --I'm not a huge fan of the smell but it does dissipate fairly quickly.  With sensitive skin sometimes it is hard to find an alternative to Vanicream or Cerave that works well without aggravating.  I do find a little goes a long way and has been definitely hydrating and non-irritating for my skin.  

At present, I've stepped back from my Herbivore Prism 2.0 and Bakuchiol for the last two weeks.  I combine it with DE Lala Retro and use some Biossance Squalane Oil after I apply the combo.  I've used it once a week so far without any reaction. Next week I'll add the Prism back in mid-week and use the DE combo on the weekend and see how that goes.  I tend to use F-Balm a few times a week but to be honest, I'm not sure if I notice a difference from that.  I am still on the fence about the A-passioni so I'll give it more time.  Glad to have my evening masking routine back.  It's so soothing. 
 Drunk Elephant Siliโ„ข Body Lotion 8.0 oz/ 240 mL 
Drunk Elephant A-Passioniโ„ข Retinol Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL 
Drunk Elephant Lala Retroโ„ข Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 
Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil 6.76 oz/ 200 mL 

@Anonymous Great information.

@tjffc - You're welcome and thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@Anonymous, always love to hear about your routines. Hope A-passioni continues to work  for you. The products you are using with it sound like great complements to it - the hydration and moisturize from DE Lala and the Biossance oil would make a nice buffer for the skin, to help keep it from becoming irritated.

DE F-Balm has a big fan base; Like you though, I didnโ€™t notice a difference. Iโ€™ve heard it makes a better serum than mask for some folks. Have you tried it as a serum? I have a mini of it and plan to use it that way to see how it performs for me.

@itsfi -- Thank you, that's so kind!   I've used it fairly regularly either alone or as a serum.  For me personally, it doesn't feel very hydrating on its own (particularly during the winter) so occasionally I apply it by itself at night but more often than not I usually use it as a serum.  I incorporated it back into my skincare about a month ago and haven't noticed any real benefit that I can see.  I think I'll finish it but won't get a second bottle.  I definitely had hopes for it... if something changes between now and when I finish the bottle, I'll let you know.

Thanks for sharing, @Anonymous ! Are you still using the Biossance Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Mask? I keep going back and forth on that one.

@eshoe  -- Most definitely.  I like to put it on 5-10 minutes before I hop into the shower in the evening.  I apply a thin layer, wait and then rinse and use the Peeke bar to cleanse my face.  My skin doesn't feel irritated or tight when I get out of the shower and i apply Lala and Biossance's Squalane or DE Marula oil right after I get out.  I used it about twice a month during late winter /early spring and with the trial run of the A-passioni I've used it once this month.  

1 Reply
testing