Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi  The larger SDM have a section of the store thatโ€™s dedicated to mid range and some higher end brands. Their website sells the higher end as well. My local has some benefit, Lancรดme, Lise Watier, Clinique, Clairins, tarte, and bourjois, with a few of the more popular Gurlain and Dior products, usually mascara etc. I get excited when I travel to a city with a bigger Shoppers! 
as far as winners, Iโ€™ve seen a random YSL lippie and a mason pearson brush, thatโ€™s probably as high end as Iโ€™ve noticed (sadly not a shade for me lol), and TJs has to be the Erno Laszlo masks and cleansing oils. 
now Iโ€™m curious to know what everyoneโ€™s best/favourite highest end finds have been??? Anyone???

Oh, I forgot, yes, I've seen Mason Pearson brushes at Marshalls, near the holidays @missjeanie! Great question! Maybe cross-post to the TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners thread, too, for more responses?

Great reviews! @itsfi these masks look really cool thanks for sharing this info

These were nice @lmaster! I liked the results, which is not what my wallet likes to hear. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi  The 1 minute mask sounds wonderful. Too bad about the fragrance though. I don't think I would be able to handle it.

I was surprised by it @emaisgr8! If it were unscented it would probably already be on its way to me. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I may pick it up eventually even if the scent isnโ€™t my favorite, but we shall see.

@itsfi All 3 of these sound pretty great! Did you follow the suggested wear time on the 1 and 3 minute masks, or did you go longer?

I tried a foil of the DreamSkin too, and while I liked the results, I didn't like the scent. If weren't for that minor little detail, I'd probably purchase it too (at discount of course) ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85, I left the 3-minute exfoliating mask on for about 3 minutes. I didnโ€™t know if the acids in it would be too much for my skin so I tried to keep to that timing, at least the first time. The 1-minute mask might have been for like 1.5 minutes, however long it took me to wash off the mask from my hands and set the timer on my phone. ๐Ÿ˜† I think the 1-Minute mask would be excellent for a pre-makeup prep mask. I wonder if the scent on a FS is more potent; it wasnโ€™t my favorite. I could live with it; or at least at the strength of the foil sample. Weโ€™ll see. I have โ€œa fewโ€ other wash off masks to go through - I could  like any one of those more than this one. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  Iโ€™ve not heard of any of this three. Interesting. I wonder why I havenโ€™t gotten any of those foils. I tend to grab mask foils or hair foils the most. I think I was gravitating towards the 1 minute mask. Although Iโ€™m wondering at the $75 price tag if there would be another product similar. Although if the results are great Iโ€™m less likely to mind the price tag! Great reviews!

@ather, I had only heard of the first mask, the exfoliating one, before this masking. I actually thought the other two foils were for moisturizers. The more I think about it, the more I really liked that 1-Minute Mask. ๐Ÿ˜ I seriously could not stop touching my face - which is a big no-no - it felt so soft, smooth and moisturized. โ™ฅ๏ธ I have some $$ left on a gift card that would take care of a good part of the cost of that mask. I really would like to get through at least one, maybe 2, more full size wash off masks, and then I may pick it up. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi  I need to go through my foils and check!!! I need to get through my open wash offs too. Thatโ€™s my goal this year!

You can do it @ather! ๐Ÿค— Having a system and routine in place seems to work best for me to get through my wash off mask. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ It was hard at first but once I got myself into a rhythm, it felt less daunting. Getting through wash off masks is a great goal. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Thanks!! I have mine on my bathroom counter glaring at me so I use them more. Itโ€™s like the corner of shame lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

โ€œCorner of shameโ€, hahaha! I get it @ather! Sadly, I get it! ๐Ÿ˜† But you are working through it and thatโ€™s a good thing! You got this! 

T is for Tangerine and Three-Step
Sheet Mask Focus: Hydrogel
tangerines ...mmmmm...tangerines ...mmmmm...
Spoiler
I've used both the Ole Henricksen Power Bright 3-Step Professional Brightening System and Masque Bar Hally Jeju Tangerine Jelly Mask before - the OH peel would be a repurchase if (1) I didn't already have several unopen boxes waiting for me after I go through this pack and (2) OH still made this set. It's amazing - the results, ease of use, and the scent! I can get about 2-3 uses out of each set and there are 6 to a box. I've seen the set come through TJ Maxx / Marshalls every so often (and I imagine Winners in Canada might stock it from time to time as well). I'm stocked up so I should be good for a while, but this is one I highly recommend.

Masque Bar Hallyu Jeju Tangerine Jelly Mask is an orange-hued, tangerine-scented, 2- piece hydrogel mask - the "jelly" in the mask's name is in reference to the hydrogel material and not, as I had hoped, as a reference to the type of essence in the mask. This particular hydrogel, though 2-pieces, is a bit more ill-fitting in some areas than most hydrogel, but here, it's not a dealbreaker and only means that a little extra effort is required to make a few adjustments. Adherence on this hydrogel was good; it stayed on for the entire 30 minutes I had on the mask, without it sliding down or lifting. Like most hydrogels, this Hallyu one works nicely post-peel as the hydrogel mask feels cooling and comforting against the skin and the essence absorbs quickly, leaving my skin feeling lightly moisturized and slightly brightened. This is a nice mask and one I would be happy to use again, though it's unlikely a repurchase, mainly because there are other hydrogels out that there that I like more.

I'm loving your theme!! @itsfi I smell the tangerine goodness, love the OH

Awww @lmaster! Thank you, hon! ๐Ÿค— This was a fun (and tasty) masking sesh. OH Power Bright is oh so good! ๐Ÿงก

@itsfi  Ooooh, what a wonderful photo! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก I'm with you, I absolutely LOVE the OH Power Bright! I bought a couple boxes at TJ Maxx as well, and I'll be sad when they run out! 

I have a Hallyu mask (watermelon, I think) and I'm excited to use it! This Tangerine one sounds wonderful and I agree, hydrogels feel great after a peel!
Happy to see/hear you had a such a great masking session! 

Oooh, which watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ mask did you pick up, @Shosh85 - the jelly one (hydrogel) or the sheet mask (cotton)? Super interested in hearing your thoughts on the mask. @PrettyPaint kindly gifted me the cotton mask - it has a cute watermelon print on it. Just be prepared - it is a very laaaaarge watermelon! ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ˜† 

Iโ€™m happy I have a couple boxes of the OH Power Bright, but I not so secretly hope that it is brought back at some point. It makes for such a nice at home peel! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก

@itsfi  Ooops, just kidding! Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have the Holika Holika Watermelon mask that's in similar round packaging as the Hallyu - I seem to have got them confused ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜‰

Hahaha @Shosh85! No worries. It happens; oh, how I know that it happens. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Reply
Photos1,712
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg