Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@emaisgr8  Gudetama is just too cute! The bacon eyebrows are my favorite part! Haha! The cooling effect was really nice too! Happy to hear you enjoyed this one! 😃

@emaisgr8, it’s great that you got such nice results from this mask. @Shosh85 had a fab G & T theme with this mask. Love the bacon eyebrows on it! 😃

@emaisgr8  Aww such a cute mask!! Did it help with acne?? Wearing a mask all the time is breaking my chin out bad. 

@ather  It helped calm down just a little. I hate the acne that is coming with wearing a mask daily.

That is a cute mask @emaisgr8! I wouldn't have thought of cutting off areas where it would be irritating. So smart! Sometimes I worry about masks with fragrance irritating an open blemish; maybe next time I'll snip a little hole.

Whoa @emaisgr8 this is one of the cutest masks I have seen! The character is beyond adorable.

Super cute mask @emaisgr8 !

H is for Huangjisoo

7056C32F-8EF0-4F03-A689-306CB046F5CF.jpeg

Spoiler

Huangjisoo Natural Centella Repairing Mask

This cotton sheet mask is thin-medium in thickness and was well saturated with a white milky serum that had a sort of lemon-herbal kind of scent. It had a great fit and was just a little too long at the chin. It had good adherence except for the chin part that didn't want to stay folded under. I kept it on for a half hour. When I removed it there wasn't any tackiness and my face felt soft and so moisturized.  I also think it may have felt a little filmy, but I feel like I need a round 2 to judge better.

I liked the moisture this one gives and I'd repurchase, especially to see if I felt the same filminess.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
DF1B17DD-C1C6-42E4-88BD-C6703015F7A9.jpeg

I'm interested in this mask now @Shosh85 

Oooh, making a note to see if I have this one @Shosh85. 😃 Milky serum and lemon-herbal scent sounds like something I’d enjoy.  The serum sounds great for the cooler months or for when skin is dry. I feel like, at one point, I picked up all of the sheet masks from this brand. 😂 I know that’s shocking. 😉 Keep us posted on the filmy feeling. I wonder what caused that. 🤔 

@itsfi  I love milky serums too - definitely great for dry skin! Whenever you get around to it, I'd be interested to know whether you experienced filming too! 😉😃

@Shosh85  Glad you liked this one! I’m interested in the filmyness too. Was it a fluke 

@ather  I'm not positive of what products I used before I put the mask on, so it could just be something not mixing well. I definitely wouldn't mind going for round 2!

Sounds good. And round 2 is usually a good teller of the truth of a mask. Anything that says centella tends to attract me @Shosh85

@ShortErica  Yep, I've definitely been on a Centella kick lately! Pretty much anything with Cica, Snail or Honey is bought immediately! Haha! 🍯🐌

@Shosh85 I believe I have a couple from this line from Ipsy.  You've peaked my interest now... I don't normally have good luck with Ipsy masks so I hadn't paid them much mind... might need to dig them out now!

@missjeanie  That's probably where I got it from too -  I had an Ipsy sub and a Facetory sub at the same time and couldn't remember which one it came from. I don't usually have a whole lotta luck with Ipsy masks either, but this one gave me a good first impression 👍😃

I'm super impressed with it now @Shosh85 !  I just need to figure out which bin I put mine in lol

This sounds like a nice one, @Shosh85. It'd be interesting to see if the filminess was a one-off or not. 

@quspork  This one is definitely seems great for dry skin! I really need to get another one to compare!

for Starface & Sleeping mask..love Glow Recipe Watermelon sleeping mask, its great. I have it in full size. 🍉 smells amazing! And I have finished this ds so yay! another empty for this month! The starface are actually stars that are patches for blemishes. I think I got these as a addon from ipsy but im such a sucker for patches. Me & the teeni both use them. So I have 2 on one side of my face so will update tomorrow on the results. Its different "blemishes" so this should interesting. They look opaque but they are pretty sheer. The sleeping mask I used everywhere else..UPDATE: the star on my chin/jaw didnt last until morning. I lost it some where but the one on my cheek had that tell all sign of all the nastiness being sucked out of it. The patch actually has a sort of "bubble" of nastiness. & my blemish does look less angry but also more formed. Will have to use more but better than the skyn patches.

0819202154.jpg

0819202154a.jpg

0819202155.jpg

   

1 Reply
testing