Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: The Best Deal vs. The Beat Money Can Buy πŸ’Έ

Letter of the Week:  N

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@PrettyPaint I'll be right there with ya when I run out

tenor (8).gif

 

@sonnydee Sounds amazing.  I love all of the lovely fall scents!  I love all things pumpkin!

then you would DEFINITELY like this one @tjffcπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

then you would DEFINITELY like this one @tjffcπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

This is a delicious looking combo, @sonnydee! I can smell fall from here! πŸ‚πŸπŸŽƒ

I'm not in a hurry for fall or anythingπŸ˜‰πŸŽƒ but just happened to remember that I have foils of this mask & itll give me what my skin needs & fit the theme of the week @quspork but after smelling this mask, my immediate thought was i need caramel!

Your masking combo is making me hungry @sonnydee; not to eat the products but I'm thinking a slice of pumpkin pie with a ribbon or caramel sauce drizzled over a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Mmm... Love caramel - the Fresh lip balm is sooo good! I really like the Overtime mask and the R + R mask from Summer Fridays.

I have all 3, @itsfi but this is the first time I used SF. Bigstashproblems. Did you not like jet lag?Your choices of dessert instead of eating the products sound really good! 

β€œBigstashproblems”??? πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Yeah. It feels like the norm @sonnydee! πŸ€ͺ I will be interested to see how things work out when my stash gets down to a more manageable place. And by β€œmanageable”, I mean what you and I might consider manageable, not what the general population would think. 😝 What can I say? My face likes options. πŸ˜‚

I didn’t dislike Jet Lag. I know it’s loved by a lot of people. To me, it was fine, just didn’t wow me. I feel like I get more hydration from their R+R mask than Jet Lag. 

Mmmm, dessert. πŸ˜‹ Those are 3 things that separately would make my tummy happy, but all together?!! It’s a party for my tummy!

For S week: Sephora Collection Silver Mask

IMG_20200813_090510.jpg

I have some mixed feelings about this one. To start, I did not care for the scent. I couldn't quite place what it was, but it was perfume-y and overwhelming. The mask itself did have a great fit, but I had some adherence issues on my chin. After removal, my skin had a lot of tack for a good 20 minutes. All that said, the results were great. I was left with plump, hydrated, luminous skin (most likely thanks to the pearl extract). In the end, because of all the negative aspects, most especially the scent, I probably wouldn't repurchase if it was still available, but I'm glad I tried it out. 

Sounds like your mixed feelings were understandable @quspork .  Scent is one of those things that can really make or break a mask.

@quspork  It's been awhile since I tried this one, but according to my notes, I liked it more than the Golden one. Unfortunately it seems fragrance is high up in the ingredients in a lot of these masks. 🀒

@quspork Glad the result were great!  Too bad the scent was overwhelming for you.  

@Shosh85, I can't remember the scent on this one, but perfume-y has me recoiling a bit. The results on this one sound amazing! πŸ˜ I wonder if the adherence issues on this one has something to do with its shelf life; I can't remember when these were released. I am sure I have either this one or the gold one, or maybe both of them, in my stash... I'll check this weekend and if I do, I'll be interested to see how it holds up. @quspork 

@itsfi @quspork Im pretty sure you can look up the batch code/lot number on checkcosmetic(dot)com. 

I did have that thought about the age of the mask, @itsfi since these have been discontinued now. I'll be interested to see your thoughts whenever you reach for the SC foil in your collection. 

@quspork, I’m far enough into the remainder of my stash that I can move those masks up the queue - it’s a sign (yet another one) that I  have too many sheet masks if there’s a queue... πŸ˜‚ Will let you know how it turns out. 

Oh bummer @quspork. At least through all the pain, you got good results.

So true, @ShortErica. It's nice that there was at least some redeeming factor for it!

@quspork  As I recall, I've felt similarly about the foil ones. I think it was the rose gold one I tried and I had a lot of fit issues.

@quspork I have the same feelings about these particular masks

Sorry about the scent, @quspork. Makes me want to compile a list of best unscented masks! I could do without added fragrance, too.