Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@emaisgr8 love that egg!

Gudetama! I always love seeing the lazy egg pop up, @emaisgr8. Glad this one worked out nicely for you. 

@emaisgr8  Gudetama is just too cute! The bacon eyebrows are my favorite part! Haha! The cooling effect was really nice too! Happy to hear you enjoyed this one! πŸ˜ƒ

@emaisgr8, it’s great that you got such nice results from this mask. @Shosh85 had a fab G & T theme with this mask. Love the bacon eyebrows on it! πŸ˜ƒ

@emaisgr8  Aww such a cute mask!! Did it help with acne?? Wearing a mask all the time is breaking my chin out bad. 

@ather  It helped calm down just a little. I hate the acne that is coming with wearing a mask daily.

That is a cute mask @emaisgr8! I wouldn't have thought of cutting off areas where it would be irritating. So smart! Sometimes I worry about masks with fragrance irritating an open blemish; maybe next time I'll snip a little hole.

Whoa @emaisgr8 this is one of the cutest masks I have seen! The character is beyond adorable.

Super cute mask @emaisgr8 !

H is for Huangjisoo

7056C32F-8EF0-4F03-A689-306CB046F5CF.jpeg

Spoiler

Huangjisoo Natural Centella Repairing Mask

This cotton sheet mask is thin-medium in thickness and was well saturated with a white milky serum that had a sort of lemon-herbal kind of scent. It had a great fit and was just a little too long at the chin. It had good adherence except for the chin part that didn't want to stay folded under. I kept it on for a half hour. When I removed it there wasn't any tackiness and my face felt soft and so moisturized.  I also think it may have felt a little filmy, but I feel like I need a round 2 to judge better.

I liked the moisture this one gives and I'd repurchase, especially to see if I felt the same filminess.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
DF1B17DD-C1C6-42E4-88BD-C6703015F7A9.jpeg

I'm interested in this mask now @Shosh85 

Oooh, making a note to see if I have this one @Shosh85. πŸ˜ƒ Milky serum and lemon-herbal scent sounds like something I’d enjoy.  The serum sounds great for the cooler months or for when skin is dry. I feel like, at one point, I picked up all of the sheet masks from this brand. πŸ˜‚ I know that’s shocking. πŸ˜‰ Keep us posted on the filmy feeling. I wonder what caused that. πŸ€” 

@itsfi  I love milky serums too - definitely great for dry skin! Whenever you get around to it, I'd be interested to know whether you experienced filming too! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Glad you liked this one! I’m interested in the filmyness too. Was it a fluke 

@ather  I'm not positive of what products I used before I put the mask on, so it could just be something not mixing well. I definitely wouldn't mind going for round 2!

Sounds good. And round 2 is usually a good teller of the truth of a mask. Anything that says centella tends to attract me @Shosh85

@ShortErica  Yep, I've definitely been on a Centella kick lately! Pretty much anything with Cica, Snail or Honey is bought immediately! Haha! 🍯🐌

@Shosh85 I believe I have a couple from this line from Ipsy.  You've peaked my interest now... I don't normally have good luck with Ipsy masks so I hadn't paid them much mind... might need to dig them out now!

@missjeanie  That's probably where I got it from too -  I had an Ipsy sub and a Facetory sub at the same time and couldn't remember which one it came from. I don't usually have a whole lotta luck with Ipsy masks either, but this one gave me a good first impression πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

I'm super impressed with it now @Shosh85 !  I just need to figure out which bin I put mine in lol

This sounds like a nice one, @Shosh85. It'd be interesting to see if the filminess was a one-off or not. 

2 Replies