Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: The Best Deal vs. The Beat Money Can Buy πŸ’Έ

Letter of the Week:  N

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi @quspork Im pretty sure you can look up the batch code/lot number on checkcosmetic(dot)com. 

I did have that thought about the age of the mask, @itsfi since these have been discontinued now. I'll be interested to see your thoughts whenever you reach for the SC foil in your collection. 

@quspork, I’m far enough into the remainder of my stash that I can move those masks up the queue - it’s a sign (yet another one) that I  have too many sheet masks if there’s a queue... πŸ˜‚ Will let you know how it turns out. 

Oh bummer @quspork. At least through all the pain, you got good results.

So true, @ShortErica. It's nice that there was at least some redeeming factor for it!

@quspork  As I recall, I've felt similarly about the foil ones. I think it was the rose gold one I tried and I had a lot of fit issues.

@quspork I have the same feelings about these particular masks

Sorry about the scent, @quspork. Makes me want to compile a list of best unscented masks! I could do without added fragrance, too.

It's a shame that a bad scent can completely change how you feel about a mask, @eshoe. Although by the same token, there are some masks that I seek out because of the scent. I do think it'd be interesting to include an unscented mask week next year to see what some people's favorites are. 

Ok @quspork, definitely adding it to the schedule! I think I should even wiggle it in this year, for fun @ShortErica @Shosh85 @missjeanie πŸ˜‰

I really love this idea... I find I have a love hate relationship with fragrance.  I know I should want fragrance free... but if it'll be a fragrance I enjoy... I want it lol.  @eshoe  Hopefully seeing a bunch of fragrance free masks will help with finding awesome ones I can add to my list!

Yeah there are many nights I just don’t want a scent, @missjeanie. Some nights I am looking for it, but it would be helpful to have a list of unscented skin treats!

Do we have an no fragrance/unscented theme week for 2021 @eshoe? That would be a nice way to see what masks don't have fragrance.

@ShortErica great idea!

@ShortErica Oooh that's a great idea for a theme! πŸ’‘

I will check, @ShortErica, but I don’t think so. I would like to see it on the schedule, though-would be helpful!

Whole Foods - one of my most favorite grocery store brands πŸ™Œ

2818400A-83C0-4518-AC52-5C244EA7FF67.jpeg

Spoiler

Whole Foods Purifying Rose Air Wrapping Mask

This is two piece foil mask, which has a silver colored foil on the outside and cotton on the inside touching your skin. It fit great - just a tiny bit too wide at the temples and a smidge too short at the forehead. It was saturated with plenty of serum and had a light floral scent. As with most foil masks I've tried, the adherence wasn't the greatest, but it was still pretty comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There was a little tackiness after removing, but it absorbed in about 10 minutes. My face looked brighter and less dull and my skin felt soft and smooth and comfortably hydrated.

This was a nice mask and one I'd use again, but probably wouldn't repurchase - it didn't have the greatest scent and foil masks in general just aren't my favorite because of the adherence issues. I think I'll stick to repurchasing the biocellulose and cotton cupra masks. πŸ˜‰

Spoiler
D2C28972-6977-4820-AED1-5336AEEDFE4D.jpeg9E59FF25-9C23-4FFC-8738-1F74986A765F.jpeg

@Shosh85 Great feedback on this brand.

@tjffc  I think I've tried every mask from the brand, and really they were all pretty great - their biocellulose masks are my favorite. I'm just not a big fan of foil masks.

@Shosh85  I wonder if that's a new-ish one. I don't think I've seen it before. Foil masks aren't my favorite, either.

@PrettyPaint  I think foil masks are fun, but in general, they just don't seem to adhere well. This was a decent mask, it's just my least favorite material.