Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@ShortErica Oooh that's a great idea for a theme! ๐Ÿ’ก

I will check, @ShortErica, but I donโ€™t think so. I would like to see it on the schedule, though-would be helpful!

Whole Foods - one of my most favorite grocery store brands ๐Ÿ™Œ

2818400A-83C0-4518-AC52-5C244EA7FF67.jpeg

Spoiler

Whole Foods Purifying Rose Air Wrapping Mask

This is two piece foil mask, which has a silver colored foil on the outside and cotton on the inside touching your skin. It fit great - just a tiny bit too wide at the temples and a smidge too short at the forehead. It was saturated with plenty of serum and had a light floral scent. As with most foil masks I've tried, the adherence wasn't the greatest, but it was still pretty comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There was a little tackiness after removing, but it absorbed in about 10 minutes. My face looked brighter and less dull and my skin felt soft and smooth and comfortably hydrated.

This was a nice mask and one I'd use again, but probably wouldn't repurchase - it didn't have the greatest scent and foil masks in general just aren't my favorite because of the adherence issues. I think I'll stick to repurchasing the biocellulose and cotton cupra masks. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Spoiler
D2C28972-6977-4820-AED1-5336AEEDFE4D.jpeg9E59FF25-9C23-4FFC-8738-1F74986A765F.jpeg

@Shosh85 Great feedback on this brand.

@tjffc  I think I've tried every mask from the brand, and really they were all pretty great - their biocellulose masks are my favorite. I'm just not a big fan of foil masks.

@Shosh85  I wonder if that's a new-ish one. I don't think I've seen it before. Foil masks aren't my favorite, either.

@PrettyPaint  I think foil masks are fun, but in general, they just don't seem to adhere well. This was a decent mask, it's just my least favorite material. 

@Shosh85 I really don't think I've ever seen this one,,, kinda sad it doesn't smell like roses 

@lmaster  I may have smelled rose in the mix, but was really more of a general floral scent.

This really is a pretty mask, @Shosh85. Prettiest isnโ€™t always best, but at least it wasnโ€™t the worst๐Ÿ˜‰!

@eshoe  It wasn't anywhere near the worst, Im just not a big fan of foil material in general. I'm not sure I've tried a foil mask that didn't have some kind of adherence issue - gotta have that second skin feel ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes-you got the mail on the head @Shosh85! These definitely are not second skin๐Ÿ˜† I have one from Bliss I just ordered and Iโ€™m curious how it will compare. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ Itโ€™s two part, at least that helps somewhat!

@Shosh85, the Whole Foods masks are good and reasonably priced. I agree that biocellulose and cupra masks are preferred over foils. I wonder if they will bring out new masks or even seasonal ones at some point.

@itsfi  Yeah, i just love the adherence and comfortability of biocellulose - it's probably my most favorite mask material. 

H is for hands and hooves - ha! (ooh, another H!)
S is for soft, smooth skin - 3 S's! Yesss!!!
All courtesy of the drugstore, Target in my case
Aveeno.jpeg
Last night, I went to "rest my eyes" for a short period of time and ended up falling asleep for a couple of hours. Ha! This happens all the time; I really should know better. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyhow, I thought it would be a good idea to do hand mask and foot mask while my eyes were resting - I mean, the Aveeno Repairing Cica Hand Mask and the Aveeno Repairing Cica Foot Mask call for 10 minutes, which I planned to wear for up to 30, because wouldn't that make for an optimal amount of time to rest one's eyes?! While my brain thought 30 minutes might be good, my body felt that a couple of hours would be better. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ When I woke up, I felt pretty refreshed and more to the point for this thread, my hands and feet felt so soft and nourished.  The soles of my feet looked softer and felt especially moisturized and smooth. Wow! These drugstore treats are a treasure and, at $2.99 per mask, they're a bargain, too (well, as far as masks of these kind go)! Both of these Aveeno masks are definite repurchases for me. Hands (and feet) down, winners!!  Psst..@ather, if you can find these in your neck of the woods, the foot mask is amazing!

Ingredients: from aveeno (dot) com
Spoiler
Hand Mask:
Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimodium Chloride, Petrolatum, Ispropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Benzyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Steareth-20, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract

Foot Mask:
Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimodium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Benzyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Steareth-20, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract

@itsfi I did the same thing this morning.  My boss who had my keys texted to say he'd be a half hour late to work... I laid down just to rest my eyes after getting ready... I was later than him lol.  Glad to hear you got some rest and multi tasked with soft hands and feet!

@missjeanie, resting oneโ€™s eyes sure takes longer than I plan. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Or maybe weโ€™re not so good at knowing how much rest we need. Iโ€™m glad you were able to sleep in a little. ๐Ÿ’ค ๐Ÿ› Iโ€™m always reminded how much I love foot masks after I use one. Need to get back to a routine with โ€˜em.

@itsfi You inspired a foot mask for me tonight.  I figured if I fell asleep in a moisturizing one it would be okay!  

Excited to hear about your foot mask @missjeanie! I would be on board with leaving on  a moisturizing foot mask overnight! 

I used a Dr. Jart Smoothing Foot Mask @itsfi , I tried to keep it on all night but after about three hours I peeled them off, I'm not used to sleeping with anything on my feet and I just couldn't do it lol

Makes sense @missjeanie! If I have socks on when I go to bed, they typically come off sometime in the middle of the night - some nights I actually wake up and take them off and others they end up coming off. Three hours is a good amount of time! 

35 Replies
testing