Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@missjeanie  4$ a jar!!!! Thatโ€™s not a bad price. I wonder if it would be more effective if used daily. 

@ather I'm thinking any eye patch would be more effective daily.  I'm trying with the pearl ones that I just opened to see if I can get them going daily.  I'm not super confidant in my ability to do this, but I'm gonna see how much I can to see if they make a difference. 

@missjeanie  Oooo good idea. Canโ€™t wait to hear your feedback!! Iโ€™m not very good at daily masking. Iโ€™m lucky to get my skincare in daily. 

Same @ather ... since working from home started in mid-march I'd say about 50% of the days I'm at home I haven't even bothered to wash my face until bed time.  Covid has impacted my skincare lol.  I was so much better when I had to get up and went through a routine to get ready for work!

@missjeanie  I canโ€™t even imagine. Iโ€™ve been working more since covid so usually the end of the day Iโ€™m so tired I just take my makeup off and do my skincare. Iโ€™ve been slacking on masks big time. My drawer is getting pretty full. 

Every time I'd see those eye snail patches at TJ or M I thought they would make a great daily habit...but of course I'm too lazy. If you do add them to a daily routine, I'd be curious if you see any results or if they still rate a meh @missjeanie 

Speaking of tea, working from home I'm using my black loose leaf tea. You're a tea gal, right? Do you have any recommendations? I'm hoping to finish the bag soon.

I actually just cracked open a pack of the pearl eye patches from Look At Me @ShortErica , so far, they're both pretty much the same.  I'm aiming to try and do it as often as I can, but I know myself and I won't likely end up doing them daily.  

I do prefer hot tea during the winter, as I don't drink hot tea.  I honestly tend to get most either from David's Tea, a Canadian company I believe, or I grab random ones from Winners/TJ Maxx.  I usually pick fruitier ones.  In David's tea I just smell them all until I find something fun.  One of my constants is the Passion Tea from Starbucks.  It became an addiction when I ran one in a big hotel and I enjoy it hot or cold. This summer I've been deep into iced coffee.  I've lined up a half dozen flavour shot bottles and seem to go through about 2 Litres a day lol.  Do you have any favourites so far, or a category of favourites?

@missjeanie I tend to go with black tea varieties or something fruity. I've tried some more savory ones like caramel or chocolate type of flavors but have to be in the mood for them. I remember the passion tea and would get the iced tea version never hot. I'm sad Starbucks bought Teavana and closed their stores. It was always nice to try a tea before you bought it.

Sounds like we have similar tastes @ShortErica .  I really enjoyed doing a tea advent calendar last Christmas.  There were for sure a bunch of the sweeter, caramel, s'more's, and birthday cake type of flavours, but it was fun to try them since I got enough for about two big cups of loose leaf tea each day.  I did find quite a few tropical and fruity varieties that pushed me to start with more in store purchases.  I drink my tea black and actually just had a 'Caribbean crush' this afternoon.  A tropical variety, it was nice.  I'm a bit on the ridiculous side lately and saw today that I need to drink more... I may or may not have gone wild and purchased a bit too much... I mean at least it doesn't go bad lol. Do you drink a lot of teas?

@missjeanie I probably do 1-2 cups a day. I want to get uncaffienated versions in the future. I'm still working through my stash. I thought I would be through them this year. But even with the extra time at home, I still have so much. Shhhhh but one of them is from when I went to Turkey in 2008. Still tastes good to me.

@ShortErica You just made me feel better!  I don't have any from 2008!

Happy to help @missjeanie. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I think I had that marshmallow mask @missjeanie is it kinda iridescent pearl color?

Kind of a pale pink @lmaster 

@missjeanie Mask twinsies! - I just used this one!..and oh my goodness, I loved reading your post!
Funny that you could post pictures with your phone and not your laptop, because it was sort of the other way around for me! - with the last post I could post one picture with my phone, but it wouldn't let me post any more than that. Then I tried posting the additional pictures from my Mac and that worked ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

Interesting that you didn't pick up a scent on the Oozoo mask! - to me it had a sort of slightly strong perfumy scent. Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

I totally agree with you on the Bliss mask - it's a great texture and feels good going on, but not sure it really did anything. I'm still enticed by anything with "marshmallow" in the title! (especially food ๐Ÿ˜‹)

That dang marshmallow mask eh @Shosh85 , I mean I'm not mad at it by any means.. but ya... it's not likely to be a repeat purchase, but I'm sure I'd buy another mask labeled with marshmallow any day.  

I went back and stuck my nose in the pouch of the oozoo mask after reading your note and I still don't get much of a scent, maybe a generic soapy scent, which is why I likely didn't notice it the first go round.  

I usually tend to BIC on my MacBook, I just find typing easier on a keyboard and prefer the look of the page this way.  But the last few weeks I keep getting an error message when I try to post with a pic in the message.  I swap over to my IphoneX and it works just fine.  I'm no computer wiz (by any means at all) but I'm going to try to update my laptop again and see if that helps?  I hope yours starts working better on your phone!  Dang BIC... I just get used to things after 2 or 3 years and it changes up again lol

@missjeanie I remember almost buying that marshmallow mask, but the ingredients list stopped me. I like that this mask is tied to a Target memory for you, though! Who can resist the lure of the big red bullseye, especially when there's not one near home? ๐Ÿคฃ 

I'm also glad to see your review of that OOZOO gold mask. I've had that one on my "maybe try one" list, and now I might pull the trigger on it (if I can find it in stock anywhere). I'm surprised it had no scent, considering how much coffee oil it contains. In fact, I'd suspect tingling might've come from that ingredient instead of gold, except that you've had a similar reaction to other products that contain gold. Anyway, good to know this mask delivers on the moisturization claim! 

Lol... @WinglessOne I swear I get to a good Target and I'm gone for a few hours.  My ex used to laugh when we'd go to visit his family in lower Michigan... every time I'd have to go in just for a couple minutes... that always turned into a couple hours.  I don't even think he heard me when he was getting out to pump gas and I was getting out to run to the store.  I did at least pick up Starbucks for both of us on the way out lol

I tend to enjoy masks from Oozoo that I've tried and this one was no different, even with the little bit of tingling I'd still use this one again.  My skin needs and wants all the moisture it can get.  Usually it's only bad during the winter... but I'm guessing that since I turned 30 it's been getting drier and I'm finally at the point where I'm dry/combo during the summer now too.  Dang aging.... I still think like I'm 25! lol

Where to begin @missjeanie? I have so much to say in response to your fabulous post - love your memorable moments!

* oooh, ginger tea sounds delish! Maybe iced ginger tea for me right now - weโ€™re in a heat wave! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜ฉ 

* LCBO - how have they not checked in to see if your refresher stash needed restocking?!! How rude! ๐Ÿ˜ 

* Target run - love that you made a pit stop into Target. I, too, would have been sucked in by the โ€œmarshmallowโ€. Iโ€™m pretty sure I have a mini of that mask. Even more sure I just picked it up because it had โ€œmarshmallowโ€ in the name. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

* Thatโ€™s interesting about the tingling. I hope you are able to find out if you have a sensitivity to gold. 

Hahah @itsfi  I'm shocked the LCBO hasn't checked in either.  The one near the boat I tend to frequent a lot more in the summer... they may have known my name last year lol.  I do work part time in a brewery so that's been covering boozy needs this year.  And yes... how can anyone resist trying a marshmallow mask?? I hardly ever make 'real' iced tea, I do enjoy the super fake powdered sugar stuff from time to time, but I'm thinking that I might need to make some sun tea tomorrow now.  Great idea!

Oooh, sun tea @missjeanie! Yum! I remember the time I leaned from my mom how sun tea was made. Jar + water + tea bags + sun!! What kind of magic Is this, mom?!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

3 Replies
testing