Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@lmaster   It was a good masking session sensory wise. 

G is for Gold ( @missjeanie just posted a great review on this one yesterday!) 

CD3EC5B2-6020-466E-807A-E61C2DEEB817.jpeg

Spoiler

The Oozoo Gold Foilayer Face Mask

This is a 2-piece gold foil sheet mask that had a gold foil layer on the outside and a white cotton layer on the inside touching the skin. It was dripping with a white milky serum that had a slightly strong perfumy scent. The fit was great - just a smidge too long at the jawline and tiny bit too wide at the sides of the forehead. The adherence was good except for the edges of the forehead that didn't seem to want to stick. I removed it after about a half hour. There wasn't any tackiness. My face looked a little brighter, felt moisturized and was soft & smooth.

I thought this was a fun/pretty mask with decent but no wowing results, and I didn't like the scent. This isn't one I'd repurchase.

My face:

Spoiler
C72442AE-8DD0-49E1-9A53-FB6BC11E3565.jpeg

Ingredients:

Spoiler
21C1F403-55AC-4496-A663-6339A76F9B83.jpeg

@Shosh85 Cute mask. Too bad the results didn't wow you.  Really nice package though!

@tjffc  Well, I guess they can't all wow you! At least it was a fun one ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85  Love the look of this mask. Too bad the scent and there wasnโ€™t wowing results!!

@ather  It's definitely a cool looking mask and the fact that you get a fun selfie ๐Ÿคณ out of it is definitely a plus! ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's kinda sad when in my mind I'm like "yes! Don't need to add this to my list." At least you are styling in that gold @Shosh85!

@ShortErica Haha! I know exactly what you mean, I do the same thing! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ... and of course when someone boasts about how much they love a mask, it's, "Darn. Sounds like I need to buy this one." Haha!

Well phoey @Shosh85 sorry it was a NEXT mask

@lmaster  It certainly wasn't a bad one or anything, just pretty forgettable. "Next" is right ๐Ÿ˜‰

Twinning indeed @Shosh85 !  I'm so glad to have someone else review to read at the same time I have it fresh in my mind.  After going back to smell the packet I smell a generic soap scent.  Not too strong for me.  But like you I'd totally prefer a fruity scent!  Those are my favourite.  I'd use this one again, even buy it again if I happened upon it on sale (I'm thinking TJMaxx... if I ever get to go to one again lol). But it's not tops on my list.  I think foil masks aren't my favourite, but I mean... I'm a sucker for a deal so...   This is one that I think would make a good gift mask, I've started gifting some masks to a few friends who aren't big into skincare but enjoy the occasional mask in a tub/with a glass of wine on zoom lol, I think this one would be great for that!

@missjeanie  I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with it, just not terribly impressive ๐Ÿ˜‰
I didn't love the scent but it was tolerable enough- my nose is a bit more sensitive/pickier than most!
This would absolutely be a great mask to gift and do on zoom! Haha! I love that! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Well, hello C3PO! ๐Ÿ˜ You always make masks look so good, @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜Š Oh, a perfumey scent, huh? That can always  present a challenge because if itโ€™s a perfume scent I like, great. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ If not, ugh. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ The results sound nice, but I find that the longer I mask or the more masks I try, the more itโ€™s about a combination of factors - results, fit, scent, etc. 

@itsfi  I remember liking this one more the first time I tried it - so I totally agree, the more masks I try, the pickier I get!

When it comes to perfume, there's not much  I can handle - it's usually the fruity-sweet type that's tolerable for me.

Not picky @Shosh85, highly selective. ๐Ÿ˜‰โ˜บ๏ธ

@itsfi  Haha! I like how that sounds ๐Ÿ˜‰

I planned to try some new T-themed masks this week but wound up repeating masks iโ€™ve already reviewed here. Eh, I use what my skin tells me it needs. This week, my skin needed these tried-and-trues: 

This week's masks were all repeats, but they're all on-theme. :)This week's masks were all repeats, but they're all on-theme. ๐Ÿ™‚

LuLuLun Premium Kyoto Green Tea Mask - fits G & T! Still one of my favorite green tea masks. 

The Saem Power Centella Mask Sheet - fits the sheet material theme. I loooove this maskโ€™s microfiber sheet. Last time I reviewed it here, I think i mentioned how I kept massaging my face through this mask because the second-skin sheet feels soooo soft and smooth and fluid-silky. Itโ€™s a great tactile experience. Plus, this sheet doesnโ€™t dry out on me after 30+ minutes of wear. Also, the sheet's a fun green color. ๐Ÿ’š 

Tosowoong SOS Repair CICA Clinic Centella Mask - another T mask. Did I ever post the ingredients of this mask? The entire back of the sleeve is in Korean and it seems no oneโ€™s ever translated the ingredients list to Englishโ€”except me! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Here it is, if anyoneโ€™s curious: 

Spoiler

Translation of ingredients via Google Translate, taken from back of mask sleeve and cleaned up a bit by me (text in italics added by me)

Purified water, glycerin, butylene glycol, peg/ppg-17/6 copolymer, xanthan gum, betaine, allantoin, panthenol, polysorbate 60, sodium hyaluronate, aloe vera extract. centella asiatica extract (10ppm), tea tree extract, peony extract, machihyeon (aka Portulaca Oleracea or Purslane) extract, ginseng extract, green tea extract, tocopheryl acetate, potassium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, disodium EDTA, ethylhexylglycerin, grapefruit extract, flavoring (heh, probably fragrance) 

The only major iffy ingredients for me are tea tree and grapefruit extracts. Tea tree can be sensitizing, so I try not to use this mask too frequently. And Iโ€™ve explained my faceโ€™s issue with citrus extracts many times. But this mask also contains great stuff like hyaluronic acid, allantoin, panthenol, aloe, purslane, green tea, and vitamin E. 

Quick note about ethylhexylglycerin: there are a couple of studies showing this preservative can irritate skin. Iโ€™ve had no visible issues with it yet, but itโ€™s something Iโ€™m tracking in my skincare ingredients. Gosh, too bad good olโ€™ safe and effective parabens have been stupidly vilified by the โ€œclean beauty/skincareโ€ crowdโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™„

@WinglessOne Great review on these masks. The green tea mask is one I'd like to try.

@WinglessOne  I agree I tend to mask on what my face needs. So I tend to never post since I almost never match with the theme!

@ather  Aw, you can still post even if you're off-theme! The themes are just for fun, and we wanna hear your thoughts on masks no matter what theme they do (or don't) match. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@WinglessOne  Aww thatโ€™s so sweet of you to say!!  I will try and be more active with my masking posts!! 

testing