Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi  Loving the blueberry theme!! Such a rockstar ingredient! That lip balm is sooo cute!!

Thank you @ather! It made me think of the yummy scented blueberry pie candle you so kindly gifted me. TonyMoly really does some great things with packaging when it comes to its lip balms. 

@itsfi  Its hard to go wrong with a blueberry theme and both these masks sound great! That Farmskin mask is definitely on top of my favorites list! So far there hasn't been a mask from this line I haven't liked!

That lip balm really is too cute! Tony Moly sure makes the most adorable packaging!

Love the Farmskin masks @Shosh85. ♥️ I have a handful I still need to try but so far, like you, I’ve been pleased with all the ones I have tried. If my memory is correct, I think the TonyMoly blueberry lip balm was one of the first things I ever saw from the brand, years ago, maybe even a decade ago, before I even knew about KBeauty, or was as interested in it or skincare as I am now.

Love this theme, @itsfi. Both masks sound like they performed well!

Thanks @quspork. 😃 I love blueberries so any opportunity to include them, I will! 

0817202147.jpg

 I think I got this at CVS (it's also at Target) so it fits the theme for the week! 

Fit? Its a 2 part mask that is sandwiched between layers so you can adjust it for a perfect fit. 

Smell?pleasant, I actually found it pretty relaxing really. Gotta look at ingredient list🕵. It's a light charcoal/muddy scent

Consistency?no mess of a mud mask but all the benefits. And the convenience of a sheet mask. I REALLY like these mud sheet masks. 

Ease of use?no issues but I left it on for about 30 min. I got lazy🤷 & i had to peel this mask off😬

Would I  purchase/try again? Absolutely. I wish i bought more than 1. My face feels balanced, soft & not dry & tight like a mud mask can sometimes leave your face🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

@sonnydee love a mud sheet mask!!

@sonnydee Sounds fantastic and love the packaging 

@sonnydee  Awesome you would use it again!! I love the packaging 

@sonnydee  I really liked this one too! Both the packaging and the mask itself were great! Happy to hear you enjoyed this lil' piggy! 🐷

😍🐖Oooh, I have this one hanging out in my collection too- I think it was a gift from @eshoe. I'm glad to hear that it worked out so well for you, @sonnydee and can't wait to try it!

I've heard good things about this mask @sonnydee, and it's not just about the packaging either! 😁 Happy to hear this mud mask worked so well for you! Will add this one to my list. 😉

@sonnydee   This one sounds really goood!!!!  And the packaging makes me want to seek it out!   

907F5BFD-91DD-4AE2-9A5C-50ACBA4298C8.jpeg

 Thomas starts with T😁. So does theme and pumpkins it is! I’m itching for fall since summer has just warmed up and I don’t like heat.  Both of these are much loved by me.  I didn’t find the Crème shop mask especially brightening as it claims but it smelled delicious and was pleasant, fit well and had lots of serum.  It says they’re limited edition but I’m hoping for a re-release this fall.  

@heartsmyface Love all that is pumpkin!

Such a nice combo, @heartsmyface - you can't have too much pumpkin!

@quspork Definitely not!  I’m such a fall cliché with my love of pumpkin spice!  No shame!  

Same, @heartsmyface. I've already broken out all my fall scented candles to help wish it into existence here. 

@heartsmyface Love a good pumpkin theme! I agree, both of these masks are great! The PTR is definitely a favorite! Happy to hear you love these too!

@Shosh85   Right!  I’m torn between the Summer Friday’s and the PTR but I think I lean more towards summer Friday’s cause it smells better.  Ugh but the PTR stings more which makes me feel like it’s more effective...  ahhhh!   They’re both winners. 

33 Replies
testing