Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Oooh, which watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ mask did you pick up, @Shosh85 - the jelly one (hydrogel) or the sheet mask (cotton)? Super interested in hearing your thoughts on the mask. @PrettyPaint kindly gifted me the cotton mask - it has a cute watermelon print on it. Just be prepared - it is a very laaaaarge watermelon! ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ˜† 

Iโ€™m happy I have a couple boxes of the OH Power Bright, but I not so secretly hope that it is brought back at some point. It makes for such a nice at home peel! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก

@itsfi  Ooops, just kidding! Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have the Holika Holika Watermelon mask that's in similar round packaging as the Hallyu - I seem to have got them confused ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜‰

Hahaha @Shosh85! No worries. It happens; oh, how I know that it happens. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lovely photo @itsfi that is such a good set๐ŸŠ

Thank you @sonnydee! Itโ€™s one of my favorite peels!

This!! @itsfi Thank you for reminding me about the OH Power Bright set! You sing it's praises well.  I too picked up a box or two at TJ Maxx, and I had seen them pre pandemic at Winners as well.  I even have a standalone jar of the sugar scrub.  I need to work through some masks I find meh so that I can remember all these ones that I love! 

Sounds like even though the JeJu wasn't a jelly serum it was still a lovely mask.  Gotta love that hydrogel!

@missjeanie, such a great peel @missjeanie! Not sure why they decided to discontinue it.

I'm not sure either @itsfi .  I hadn't tried it until it showed up at TJ's, I had used a blue version before... Lemon peel, walnut scrub and something I think?  Anyhow didn't hold a candle to the Power Bright.  It's my favourite thing from OH hands down. 

Yeah, I have that blue one too @missjeanie. Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s good, but next to the Power Bright, it doesnโ€™t really stand a chance. ๐ŸŠ 

@itsfi  What a delicious photo. Those look like some good tangerines! Too bad the OH set is no more. I think I saw it a TJ Maxx a long time ago but didn't realize it was a good one. 

@PrettyPaint, Thereโ€™s a good chance the OH set will be restocked. I see it come and go every so often. It was never at the stores closest to me when they first started showing up at TJ Maxx / Marshallโ€™s. Then one day, months later, I stopped by for something else entirely and what do you know?!!! An entire row of them!!! ๐Ÿ˜ There were at least 2 dozen! So you never know! 

@itsfi  That tangerine scent sounds really yummy. 

It was great @emaisgr8! Iโ€™ve been going a bit crazy with the tangerines lately. I had 4 in one sitting the other day. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

T is for TREEANNSEA

IMG_20200815_101755033.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
this is a bio cellulose mask it was sandwiched between two meshed sheets to help you apply it. I had a tiny bit of difficulty getting it on my face without folding, but once it was on my face it was pretty easy to unfold the edges. Scent was sort of fresh/ pool scent lol and there was tons of jelly like clear serum. There was a bit of tackiness that lasted about 5ish minutes. The results unfortunately didn't impress me enough to want to spend $7 for this mask
Spoiler
Ingredients from facetory siteScreenshot_20200815-102450.png

โ€ƒ

Oh darn @lmaster! Looks like it has some good ingredients. Though maybe it's a blessing in disguise there were no wow results since it's $7.

Yeah I have a hard time spending $5 let alone anything more ๐Ÿ˜† @ShortErica 

@lmaster I may be in the minority here, but I love the smell of the pool lol.  Too bad it wasn't quite amazing enough to live up the price.  At least it was a good one to try and you now know that it's not quite a repurchase.  

@missjeanie ohhh I do too!!

Now I'm thinking of masking in the hot tub @lmaster ... I need to get a pool lol

@missjeanie I used to have a pool a few years ago,, it was so much work! I wanted to get a better one next year,,, but I'm having second thoughts,,, the lake is so much easier to go to ๐Ÿ˜†

You might be right... I desire the pool but also the pool boy to come with it.  And maybe a maid for the house... a caterer? lol @lmaster a gal can dream!

2 Replies
testing