Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@eshoe  I'm probably just being slow, but which two are you referring to?

..... and I was finally able to post pictures- just had to bring out my MAC!

No you arenโ€™t slow, @Shosh85 - I was comparing this and the glow HK one in my mind, didnโ€™t capture online๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

I love my old Macโ˜บ๏ธ

@Shosh85 have I used this one?? It's so cute!!

@lmaster  I feel like I have the same question every time someone on here uses a Hello Kitty mask. Haha! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Oooh. ๐Ÿคฉ I like the results from this one too @Shosh85! Glowy, brighter complexion! ๐Ÿ˜ Itโ€™s hydrating ๐Ÿ’ฆ but I donโ€™t know about โ€œintenselyโ€ so; at least not for my skin type. 

@itsfi  I didn't like the scent, but everything else was pretty nice! This is the second time I've used it, and I didn't experience "intense" hydration either time. Last time I used it, (around the same time last year,) there was some light hydration, and this time my face felt kind of on the dry side. I guess that means it may not be for my skin type either ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

G for Goodal Fit? I didn't look closely so I thought they really screwed up on this mask. it only covered the lower half of my face. and even that was a odd fit. the nose was really wide๐Ÿ˜ท Smell?I honestly dont remember...I was too baffled with half of a mask. it must've been pleasant enough to be not distracting Consistency? I thought this was a mud sheet mask, not at all. it bubbled. Boy did it bubble. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ And i like bubble masks Ease of use? didn't even think about talking, it bubbled up alot. I spent the last 3 min or so standing above the sink...waiting, it felt like it was slipping off. i kept it on for about 12 min, then I just gave up (it only calls for 10min). I had to rinse out my ears, i was careful to keep my mouth closed but during the rinse ( where it turns into a soapy consistency) i got some in my mouth & eye. It tried to clean out my nostrils as well.๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Would I  purchase/try again? no, this was not for me. I did spread some of the bubbles on my forehead and may be it cleaned out my pores, but only ever so slightly. My skin didn't feel dry or stripped, but the trouble was unfortunately not even close to the reward. This was a gift from the ever so generous @itsfi & I thank you very much for sharing this with me! i enjoy trying new things but this was too messy for me.๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

Hahaha... I'm just picturing you standing over the sink with an enormous bubbly beard mask @sonnydee !  Too bad it wasn't amazing, I would have been wondering where the other half was as well... but it sounds like you were a good sport about it!

The print on this package reminds me of the Ruth Asawa forever stamp, @sonnydee . 

129B5308-AEFF-4E24-BF7F-065A529AEBC6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

๐Ÿ•ต i can see why that would remind you @eshoe 

@sonnydee sorry to hear you had such trouble

just makes more room for even better ones @lmaster ๐Ÿค—

just makes more room for even better ones @lmaster ๐Ÿค—

@sonnydee  I haven't used this specific mask, but I have used half-face bubble masks before (I know Berrisom makes one) - and when it comes to bubble sheet masks I actually like these more because you have a better chance of not getting it in the eyes (though, it sounds like you did anyway๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป) 

yes, @Shosh85 probably as I was rinsing but this bubbled...

yes, @Shosh85 probably as I was rinsing but this bubbled up so much...it didn't matter if this was a half mask or not

I had no idea Goodal made a bubbling mask, @sonnydee but boy, does it sound like they like their bubbles! 

I had a opaque bubble beard @quspork 

@sonnydee Huh, that's interesting... I'm not sure I've seen many bubbling half-masks. Then again, I haven't used many Goodal masks. Sorry this didn't work out for you! 

This is the first half mask I have seen @WinglessOne ๐Ÿคท you win some & you lose some. 

Oh nooooo!! I canโ€™t believe I sent you a bubble mask. Sorry @sonnydee. And it was a messy one, too. Ack! Why do I have this feeling that I didnโ€™t even know it was a bubble mask. I think another G is for โ€œGood grief, Fi!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Youโ€™re a good sport! Itโ€™s unlikely youโ€™ll be getting more bubbling masks from me as Iโ€™m not going to buy anymore bubble sheet masks (or well, that I know of - we both know Iโ€™m probably going to pick up some bubble sheet masks without reading the back to find out what it is. ๐Ÿ˜† 

No worries ๐Ÿค—@itsfi i thought it was a mud mask. No where on here it mentions bubbles. I dont mind bubble masks. Spalife & TCS both make good ones that aren't as messy. 

T is for Take Two (aka "Do Over")
G is for gold (rose gold in particular) and "giving it a good ol' college try"
Sheet Mask Focus: Bubble sheet mask
Take 2.jpeg
Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Bubble masks and I don't get on super well. It really is a case of "it's not you, it's me." If I go for a bubble mask, it's usually of the wash off varietal and I have a strong preference that it is tinted as it helps to keep it away from the eyes by making it easier to see where it will foam up.  I used the JMsolution 24K Gold Premium Peptide Mask Rose Gold Limited Edition in the spring and it was a hard pass for me. But alas, I have another in my mask bin so here we are. 

To give it a fair second shake, I decided to make some adjustments to how I approached the mask in the first place. Since being overwhelmed with bubbles is a concern of mine with these types of masks, my plan this go around was to perform a little mask surgery immediately upon removing the mask from the pouch - a feat made slightly more challenging because the opening on this one is rather narrow. To address that, I just opened it from the bottom. Easy fix there. 

Then it was time to turn the mask from a one-piece sheet mask to two pieces. Instead of cutting the mask horizontally so that there's a top and bottom piece, I decided to cut the mask in half vertically, giving me a piece of the mask for the left side of my face and one for the right. Much of my fit issues with sheet masks has to do with the area between the inner corners of the eyes - it's usually too wide so parts of the mask hover uncomfortably close to my tear ducts. I was hoping this would address that or at least put more space between mask and my eyes. And, it did. Though I wouldn't say it revolutionized the way I view bubble sheet masks. That would be asking for a lot.

Results-wise, my face felt cleansed, soft and smooth - my complexion had that fresh / refreshed look to it. As with most bubble masks, certain parts of my face felt dry as well; it wasn't unbearable, but it was noticeable. As I mentioned, that's not an uncommon result for me so I quickly followed up with a hydrating and moisturizing skincare routine after rinsing off the serum from the bubble sheet and then I topped off my evening routine with the Sephora Collection Water Gel Mask as an overnight mask before climbing into bed. The immediate results from the bubble sheet mask carried over to next morning and it seemed using the Sephora Collection Water Gel Mask as a sleep mask helped to keep my skin from feeling dry and tight. 

Overall, I'm happy with the results, but it's unlikely I'll repurchase either of these masks. I have a couple more bubble masks to get through, and the design of both of those masks seem more likely to be something that I, dare I say it, would like, so it'll be interesting to see how they perform. But those are for another day. 
Wash Off / Sleeping Mask:
Spoiler
The Sephora Collection Water Gel Mask contains amino acids  and claims to hydrate and refresh. My skin is dehydrated year-round, so it generally doesn't get enough hydration from gel type masks like this one, except in the warmest part of the summer. However, I've found that these gel masks do make decent sleeping masks - as the last step of a moisturizing skincare routine. The night I used this mask was warmer than most nights we've been having so the conditions were great for seeing how this one performs. In a nutshell, not bad, but not a standout for me either.  The scent on this one isn't horrible, but it is stronger and more perfume-y than I prefer. That, coupled with the fact that I'd be limited to when it would be put to optimal use makes it a pass for me in terms of a repurchase.  For my part, with it looking like the weather will cool down sooner, I've been working through the product by repurposing it for my hands and feet, with the occasional use, like the other night, as a sleeping mask. Even though it's not hydrating enough on its own for me, I do think someone with oily or oilier skin might enjoy this one. 
Lip Care:
Spoiler
Most lip products work pretty well for me; it's not often that I come across one that just doesn't work for me, but these two, StackedSkincare Hydrating Lip Peel and the Sara Happ Sweet Clay Lip Mask are ones that I haven't been able to get on board with, after several tries and through different seasons. The Sara Happ I'm surprised by as I love pretty much all of her products. ๐Ÿ™ Now, I'm just trying to find the best way to re-purpose these two items.
SEPHORA COLLECTION Water Gel Mask Hydrate + Refresh 
StackedSkincare Hydrating Lip Peel 
testing