Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Shosh85 That's great the it worked.  Scents that are very prominent in skin care products can be tricky to use for some.  

@tjffc  I don't mind fruity or sweet scents, but I am super sensitive to anything floral or perfumy. If it weren't for the scent, this would be the perfect mask because the results were fantastic! πŸ˜ƒ

Oh, this mask sounds good @Shosh85. I’m not sure about the scent either but the results you got definitely make it something worth checking out. *adds to list . . .

@itsfi  Definitely not my favorite kind of scent, but the results were worth it! πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘Œ

Yaaaaaaay!! @Shosh85 sorry the scent wasn't up your alley, but sometimes the results can definitely outshine 🌞

Thanks for this one @lmaster! It was wonderful - the results definitely made up for the scent!πŸ˜ƒ

This looks like a nice one, @Shosh85. A good cooling mask sounds perfect for this time of year!

@quspork  It really was so nice! Definitely perfect for this type of weather! β˜€οΈ

0812202123.jpg

 

Not what I had planned...my mini came in to my room & started "touching stuff". 🀦 the mask i wanted to use comes in a package about the size of a quarter. I did find it but AFTER I had already opened this one. So G for Greens! And it is so stinkin cute. Really gets you in the mood for reruns of xfiles.

Fit?not bad...but did have some extra width & more than the usual extra on the chin area but not so much to make it look like a beard

Smell?good. For a mix of avocado, matcha, kale & spirulina. + typical sheet mask delight

Consistency?slimey, clear serum. Extra for my hands, chest, neck...soaked in super fast but it was a beach day, so skin mightve been extra thirsty. But the mask itself...ill take a pic😁

Ease of use?no trouble. Multitasked ok

Would I  purchase/try again? I almost didn't grab this 2nd box but 🀷 I have no control at TJ/ M prices. After using this, I'm really glad I did. And hope to find more. It does scare the kids though!

0812202047_HDR.jpg

 

This is so super cute @sonnydee !  I haven't seen this TCS mask yet and you made me smile for sure.  I'll bet it would be awesome around hallowe'en.  Is X-files coming back as a new remake or re runs of the original?

They did more episodes fairly recently- 2018 but weve (hubs & me) watch the reruns now & then. @missjeanie hubs is used to be masking but he smiled at this one. πŸ˜œπŸ‘½

@sonnydee Nice packaging.

Thanks @tjffc they did a really good job with the smell & design @lmaster 

This is so cute!! @sonnydee 

@sonnydee  Love it! Such a fun mask! πŸ‘½ If I can make it to a TJ Maxx I'll definitely have to look for these! I've been kinda slowing down on buying Creme Shop character masks, but I can't pass up an alien mask! It'd be a good one to use on Halloween! πŸŽƒπŸ‘»

I still get excited when i find them at TJ or M @Shosh85 I think for the price - & i havent really found one I absolutely hated yet. 

omg that's so fun @sonnydee !

Thanks @Kim888 @quspork it was alot of fun watching the kids reactions to this maskπŸ‘½

Oh my gosh- that is the cutest, @sonnydee

@sonnydee 

That mask is so cute!  I'm a sucker for aliens/ space themed things πŸ‘½

Im picky about my syfy @RAWRitsRED I LOVED the xfiles & supernatural- { even suffered thru the lesser exciting seasons- i prefer the monsters} but couldn't pass up this mask. Happy they did have a design for the mask itself