Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi I kinda like bubble masks ๐Ÿคท as long as my skin doesn't get too dry

@lmaster, what is it about them that you like? The results? The bubbling? I find my skin does better with them in the summer when itโ€™s more combo. 

@itsfi I do like the bubbling and the clean feeling I get after using, I have used one recently that was too drying, but the others I have tried have been a good experience,, mostly ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi @I agree - bubble masks always seem to be more effort than they are worth 

@Kim888, the novelty of them wears off pretty quickly. ๐Ÿ˜† Iโ€™m reminded of that whenever I use one. If only I remember that when Iโ€™m in the store or shopping for sheet masks online. Ha!

@itsfi Bubble masks... ughhh. I mean I get the 'fun' factor, but I generally now think they're more for people who mask occasionally or for a girls night in laugh kinda thing.  I'm always scared to get them in my eyes too.  I'd never have thought of cutting it down the middle like that, glad it worked out okay!

That Sara Happ lip mask... I kept mine out on my counter for three months trying to get myself to use it more.  Let us know when you find a repurpose... I need one too lol

@missjeanie, itโ€™s all fun and games until those bubbles get in my eye!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚  Have you seen (or used) the Elizavecca wash off bubble mask (not a sheet mask). There are photos and videos of how it foams up all over the userโ€™s face - it looks like a gray cloud over the face and all you see are eyes and lips. Most of the comments are  โ€œcoolโ€ or โ€œwowโ€ and all I can think of is how fast and hard my heart would be beating if it bubbled up like that on me.

Iโ€™ll let you know about the Sara Happ. I have a couple of ideas of how to get through it but need to actually see if any of those will make it better.

@itsfi funny enough that was the first bubble mask I've ever tried.  A guy I was dating had a tub of it.  I remember seeing it in his washroom and wondering "who the heck have you had over that's leaving a mask behind??" This is a guy who's idea of grooming was a bottle of two in one shampoo and body wash and then a face wash, whichever one was on sale at the grocery store.  Turns out he was trying to get rid of some acne and was too shy to ask for help so he bought this off amazon or the like.  We both did a mask together then I got him set up with a basic routine (which I recently asked about... still follows it to a T).  I remember laughing as all the bubbles kept growing!  I think the bubble masks are great for things like this, people having a laugh, enjoying the experience.  I'm not convinced they're amazing for great skincare though.  You just brought back an awesome memory!

@missjeanie, what a fun memory!! Yaaay that he is still using that skincare routine! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ You go, girl!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It makes me happy when people find skincare routines that work out for them. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi  I'm with you, if I'm gonna use a bubble mask I'd prefer using the tinted wash-off kind. The last bubble sheet mask I used was LOADED with serum, so I squeezed it out a bit before putting it on and it seemed to have less bubbles and felt more calm compared to the first time I tried it. So if I ever get a bubble sheet mask again, that's probably what I'll do. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Happy to hear this one was a little better the second time around and the results turned out great for you!

Oh, I like the idea of separating the serum from the mask @Shosh85.๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ˜ƒ Making a note of that now. ๐Ÿ“  Iโ€™m pretty sure that going forward, full face bubble sheet masks will be on my โ€œno buyโ€ list (and a no buy I wonโ€™t have much temptation to break - ha!). Thereโ€™s always the possibility though that I pick up a bubble mask without realizing that it is a bubble mask. ๐Ÿ˜” I just need to be better about making sure I check what kind of mask it is and not just assume itโ€™s not a bubble mask if it doesnโ€™t have bubbles somewhere. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Monday I used the 7 days mask Tea Tree by Ariul made with Tencel from the sweet @eshoe .

It had a Creamy serum with a Tea tree scent and something floral. The Mask was large and long at the chin which was a good thing since that is where the majority of my breakouts are. The felt good on, but afterwards I had to rinse my face with water as the scent bothered me even 20 minutes after I removed the mask. Iโ€™m so happy I got to use this mask.

CC1576B3-F6B6-4A45-96E6-A76E502A8518.jpeg

โ€ƒ

1752D3FB-8453-4A26-B16E-64E8246790F0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oh my, sorry about the scent, @emaisgr8! itโ€™s such a bummer when the serum is right but the scent is all wrong๐Ÿ˜‚

Sorry the scent was too much on this one, @emaisgr8!

@emaisgr8 I find TeaTree is one of those fragrances that people either love or hate.  I'm with you, its not one for me.  Glad you got to try the mask though!

@emaisgr8  I loved the creamy serum on this one, but like you, I was not a fan of that scent. Happy to hear you saw some great results from it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Tea tree oil in masks presents such a challenge @emaisgr8 - results are good and the creamy serum and Tencel material on this one sound like a marvelous combination. That scent though! So sorry to hear it lingered so long after you removed the mask. ๐Ÿ˜” 

@emaisgr8 Looks like an interesting mask. Glad you had a chance to use it.

@emaisgr8 I have a few from this line, I still need to try!! ๐Ÿ˜†

T for Tea Tree -- Beyond's Herb Garden Tea Tree

IMG_20200813_094456.jpg

I've enjoyed this whole line from Beyond and this mask which focused on tea tree extract was no exception. I adore tea tree as an ingredient because I've found that my breakouts respond well to using it as a treatment. Of course the trademark tea tree smell is terrible, but one nice thing about this mask was that there was no tea tree scent. There's a fresh, almost soapy scent but it's refreshing. The mask itself is a good fit for my face and no adherence issues. Removal left my skin soothed with some of my redness calmed. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this again!

Winner Winner @quspork !  What a great mask!

testing