Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Tea tree oil in masks presents such a challenge @emaisgr8 - results are good and the creamy serum and Tencel material on this one sound like a marvelous combination. That scent though! So sorry to hear it lingered so long after you removed the mask. ๐Ÿ˜” 

@emaisgr8 Looks like an interesting mask. Glad you had a chance to use it.

@emaisgr8 I have a few from this line, I still need to try!! ๐Ÿ˜†

T for Tea Tree -- Beyond's Herb Garden Tea Tree

IMG_20200813_094456.jpg

I've enjoyed this whole line from Beyond and this mask which focused on tea tree extract was no exception. I adore tea tree as an ingredient because I've found that my breakouts respond well to using it as a treatment. Of course the trademark tea tree smell is terrible, but one nice thing about this mask was that there was no tea tree scent. There's a fresh, almost soapy scent but it's refreshing. The mask itself is a good fit for my face and no adherence issues. Removal left my skin soothed with some of my redness calmed. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this again!

Winner Winner @quspork !  What a great mask!

It definitely worked out well- I'll have to add it to my eventual repurchases list, @missjeanie 

@quspork  This one sounds wonderful!  I love the simplicity of the packaging and love even more that it doesn't have that typical Tea Tree scent! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Not having the usual tea tree scent definitely made me happy with this one, @Shosh85 

@quspork, the packaging from this line of sheet mask always draws me in. ๐Ÿ˜ I love that this one does not have that trademark tea tree oil scent. Like you, I like how it treats my breakouts but the scent can be a bit much for me. This entire line will be something Iโ€™ll want to look more into once I get through the ones I have set aside for this year! 

I know that feeling, @itsfi! My list for "when the stash gets smaller" just keeps growing. (And let's be honest, sometimes the stash keeps growing too ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Hahahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ One of the good things this shelter-in-place has done is really brought to light how many sheet masks I have! And itโ€™s curbed my new purchases since I havenโ€™t gone to the local Asian beauty boutiques since being home. But, oh my! If Iโ€™m really good and disciplined, Iโ€™ll be able to get through pre-2020 purchases before the end of the year. ๐Ÿ˜ 2020 purchases are more manageable but โ€œmanageableโ€ only means I have them all stored in one place. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@quspork Tea tree extract is a great ingredient.

It's so good for helping with blemishes, @tjffc

Awesome to know you love this line! @quspork 

You've used a few of these too, right @lmaster? I've been pretty pleased with all of the ones from this line. 

Yes I have @quspork I would really love to try more 

T is for Tula...... a big thank you to the wonderful @lmaster for sending me this one!

B1A490FA-0AB9-403C-A1DD-DFDD1530BB2C.jpeg

Spoiler

Tula Probiotics & Superfoods Major Glow Cooling & Brightening Hydrogel Mask

This is a two-piece hydrogel mask that is light blue and about medium thickness. I'm not sure how to describe the scent except that it was slightly strong and perfumy. It was about an inch too short width-wise, but fit great every where else. The adherence was good enough that I could walk around without issues, but the bottom would slide around a little if I moved my mouth too much. It was comfortable to wear and it did have a slight cooling feel the half hour I had it on. There was just some light tackiness after removing the mask, but absorbed in about 5 minutes. My face felt so refreshed! It looked noticeably brighter, had a nice glow and my skin felt soft and nicely hydrated.

Even though I wasn't a fan of the scent, I loved the results and I would definitely repurchase this one!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
C3AAF400-CA9F-4BBF-BC30-BE7991ABAD2B.jpeg

I'm glad to see this review @Shosh85 , I've noticed the brand a few times but hadn't heard from anyone who'd tried any of their products.  You had me at two piece hydrogel!

@missjeanie  I love two-piece masks too! This is my first experience with the brand and the strong scent is really the only negative thing I can say about it!

@Shosh85 That's great the it worked.  Scents that are very prominent in skin care products can be tricky to use for some.  

@tjffc  I don't mind fruity or sweet scents, but I am super sensitive to anything floral or perfumy. If it weren't for the scent, this would be the perfect mask because the results were fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

testing