Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@quspork  It really was so nice! Definitely perfect for this type of weather! โ˜€๏ธ

0812202123.jpg

โ€ƒ

Not what I had planned...my mini came in to my room & started "touching stuff". ๐Ÿคฆ the mask i wanted to use comes in a package about the size of a quarter. I did find it but AFTER I had already opened this one. So G for Greens! And it is so stinkin cute. Really gets you in the mood for reruns of xfiles.

Fit?not bad...but did have some extra width & more than the usual extra on the chin area but not so much to make it look like a beard

Smell?good. For a mix of avocado, matcha, kale & spirulina. + typical sheet mask delight

Consistency?slimey, clear serum. Extra for my hands, chest, neck...soaked in super fast but it was a beach day, so skin mightve been extra thirsty. But the mask itself...ill take a pic๐Ÿ˜

Ease of use?no trouble. Multitasked ok

Would I  purchase/try again? I almost didn't grab this 2nd box but ๐Ÿคท I have no control at TJ/ M prices. After using this, I'm really glad I did. And hope to find more. It does scare the kids though!

0812202047_HDR.jpg

โ€ƒ

This is so super cute @sonnydee !  I haven't seen this TCS mask yet and you made me smile for sure.  I'll bet it would be awesome around hallowe'en.  Is X-files coming back as a new remake or re runs of the original?

They did more episodes fairly recently- 2018 but weve (hubs & me) watch the reruns now & then. @missjeanie hubs is used to be masking but he smiled at this one. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ‘ฝ

@sonnydee Nice packaging.

Thanks @tjffc they did a really good job with the smell & design @lmaster 

This is so cute!! @sonnydee 

@sonnydee  Love it! Such a fun mask! ๐Ÿ‘ฝ If I can make it to a TJ Maxx I'll definitely have to look for these! I've been kinda slowing down on buying Creme Shop character masks, but I can't pass up an alien mask! It'd be a good one to use on Halloween! ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป

I still get excited when i find them at TJ or M @Shosh85 I think for the price - & i havent really found one I absolutely hated yet. 

omg that's so fun @sonnydee !

Thanks @Kim888 @quspork it was alot of fun watching the kids reactions to this mask๐Ÿ‘ฝ

Oh my gosh- that is the cutest, @sonnydee

@sonnydee 

That mask is so cute!  I'm a sucker for aliens/ space themed things ๐Ÿ‘ฝ

Im picky about my syfy @RAWRitsRED I LOVED the xfiles & supernatural- { even suffered thru the lesser exciting seasons- i prefer the monsters} but couldn't pass up this mask. Happy they did have a design for the mask itself

It's so hard not to get masks at TJ/M prices @sonnydee. Now I'm curious what mask is the size of a quarter.

This looks like such a cute mask @sonnydee! Did the mask itself have a design like the packaging? 

I must have been posting/editing while you were typing @itsfi ๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ˜

Just saw the pic of the mask - that looks cute and fun @sonnydee! ๐Ÿ‘ฝ 

T is for thirst-quenching and throwback
Urban City Azulene Aquaring Mask.jpeg
Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Urban City Azulene Aquaring Mask is an ultra-thin, soft, cotton sheet mask saturated in a fresh, clean, lightly floral scented, clear, watery essence that imparts a shot of hydration to the skin. Like most sheet masks, this one runs a bit long at the chin for me and needs some minor adjustments at the eye and mouth holes, but adheres nicely. The mask feels cooling and refreshing against my skin and, after about 30 minutes of wear, there's just the slightest bit of essence remaining on my face, which feels soft, smooth and hydrated, and looks refreshed and awakened. ๐Ÿ’– My recollection is that I first tried this mask a few years ago(?) - I liked it then and I like it now. ๐Ÿ˜ It's a throwback mask for me and one I consider an oldie but goodie. Also, how cute is this packaging? I'm digging the retro glam vibe from the graphic! The mask is a winner inside and out, and one worth looking into by those in need of some hydration.

Ingredients: from facetory (dot) com
Spoiler
Water, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Phragmites Communis Extract, Glycerin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Allantoin Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Azulene (10ppm), Disodium EDTA, Fragrance
Lip Scrub & Balm:
Spoiler
KNC Beauty SupaScrub comes in a set that includes the lip shaped scrubbing tool/brush for some extra exfoliation. The SupaScrub itself provides enough exfoliation on its own, but the inclusion of the tool gives the scrub, which has a slightly minty taste to me, an extra oomph. It's a nice add-on, but I found that my lips were sufficiently exfoliated with just the scrub itself, which doesn't feel super gritty or emollient coming out of the tube, but when worked onto the lips, the brown sugar crystals that make up the lip scrub do a nice job of sloughing away any dryness while the shea butter and moringa oil help to keep the lips from feeling dry. 

I followed the scrub with the KNC Beauty SupaBalm in the rose version (there's also a mint version). The balm is on the thicker side and the scent has a real roses smell - it's a light but detectable scent and I only really pick it up early on as I apply the balm to my lips; the scent dissipates quickly after being applied. It's moisturizing without feeling sticky, and the balm stays on the lips for a decent amount of time. I use lip balms constantly throughout the day, which is a good thing as I have a healthy supply of lip balms. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'd categorize this one as a nice lip balm to have, but it's not necessarily a must have lip balm. 

I'm digging the vibe on all of these products @itsfi !  And always room for a hydrating mask!

This was a good masking session all around @missjeanie! I would be happy to repeat. ๐Ÿ˜

2 Replies
testing