Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Thanks @quspork ! 

@missjeanie, happy birthday month! ๐ŸŽ‚ Your nieces sound adorable. Mine also looooves sparkle. ๐Ÿ’– The When mask is a beauty! I hear ya on added fragrance - while I prefer it not be included, I can (and do) certainly appreciate a lovely scent. As for Kiehl's, I like the body moisturizer. Their masks are ones that I generally consider to be okay. Of all their masks, this calendula and aloe one is the one I gravitate most towards, but not so much for major hydration. I like it as a soothing mask that provides some hydration - a nice one if I've been out in the sun and need something gentle to soothe / calm the skin. It can be a nice one too, to use a day or two after a professional peel, but it's not a mask I'd consider a "must have." 

Thanks @itsfi , Birthday this year was much more subdued than years past but Iโ€™m ok with that. I actually think I have a deluxe size of the Kiehlโ€™s body moisturizer from a kit around here somewhere. Iโ€™ll give it a shot today! 

@missjeanie, yeah, most birthdays are probably more subdued this year with all that is going on. I'm happy that you were able to do a birthday shopping spree! Glad you treated yourself. Let me know how you like the Kiehl's moisturizer. In the wintertime, I like to apply an oil after drying off after a shower, letting the oil absorb a little and and then sealing it all in with the Kiehl's. 

@itsfi I tried the creme de corp body moisturizer yesterday and I'm kinda torn... There's no scent to it.  Now Iknow this is probably a good thing, as it'll let my perfume shine, and I shouldn't want to put fragrance on my skin.... but... I do love a lovely fragrance in my body products (dang that SDJ is so yummily scented).  I did feel like it actually gave a good layer of moisture to my skin though.  It was thicker than I'd anticipated and sank in nicely on my legs, on my decollate it appeared to leave a lot more glow than some of the others I've been using, though admittedly I'm new on the body moisturizer bandwagon.  I've got likely another 3 or 4 applications in the bottle and I'm curious to try it out longer term, first impression I'm feeling like this one is good for cooler months where I'm naturally more dry. 

BF703E8B-72DE-48EF-A66E-CF07D6371849.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Another blind pick from last week

IMG_20200810_095655120.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
Unfortunately I can't remember how or where I received this mask,, im thinking TJ Maxx. It's a medium thickness sheet, fit was mmmk scent was rosemary herbal, clear bubbly serum, no lasting tackiness. I enjoyed the benefits of this mask very much. My skin felt instantly calmed and appeared refreshed more hydrated and plump. Depending on the price if I seen this again I would pick it up.
Ingredients
IMG_20200810_095727185.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster  Pretty packaging and great results sounds wonderful to me! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 it was a lost wonder in my collection ๐Ÿ˜Š thanks to the theme, it was found ๐Ÿ™Œ

The results sound good @lmaster and the ingredient list looks nice, too!

@itsfi I hope I can find more,, when I do ever get the chance to go out ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Ohhh. ๐Ÿ˜” Hang in there! Fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ that your store stocks these @lmaster and has a good supply when you can make your way there again. 

Love the packaging on this one @lmaster .  I'll end up remembering you liked this one based on that alone.  

@missjeanie it is really pretty!! And worked wonderfully! ๐Ÿ™Œ

G is for Gudetama and T is for Tighter.  Thanks to the lovely @emaisgr8 forsending me this one!

C776E042-C3BC-42B2-844F-0FC812F7FE4F.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Gudetama Tighter 'n' Brighter Sheet Mask

This is a cotton sheet mask, that was white with cute little pictures on it. It was drenched with serum and had a lemony scent. It fit like a classic Creme Shop mask - the whole circumference of the mask was too big and the space between the eyes was too wide. ๐Ÿฅด I kept it on for about 35 minutes and it had a cool and refreshing feel the entire time it was on. When I removed it, there was hardly any serum left on my face and it wasn't sticky or tacky at all. My face looked a little brighter and my skin felt smooth and lightly hydrated.

I thought this was a decent mask with good results, and while it's not my favorite Creme Shop mask, it's one I wouldn't hesitate to use again! Thanks again, emaisg8!

6AF3B411-C909-4C79-B727-83C4136C07D1.jpeg

I'm glad you enjoyed this mask @Shosh85 . I need to pull this one out myself to use.

@emaisgr8  It was really nice! Thanks again for this one! You can't go wrong with Gudetama! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Awww, it's Gudetama! I loved the illustrations on this sheet mask and agree it's on the wider side as far as masks go @Shosh85! The bacon eye brows on this mask always make me smile.

@itsfi  I don't ever expect a Creme Shop mask to fit perfectly, but it's not the worst fitting mask I ever tried, so there's that ๐Ÿ˜‰ The bacon eyebrows is probably my favorite part! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฅ“

So true @Shosh85. I think I go into sheet masks with the expectation that I will need to make at least one adjustment for it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ The bacon eye brows are fantastic!!! ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“

Sounds pretty decent @Shosh85 .  The outer packaging is super cute and I kinda dig the designs on the mask as well, they always make me smile.  I have one of these I believe, I'll have to test it out soon!

1 Reply
testing