Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Good to know it was a cooling mask @Shosh85 I love that in the summer!

@lmaster  Absolutely! It makes a perfect summer mask! β˜€οΈπŸ˜ƒ

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@meou This is the thread I'm talking about 😁

@meou join us! Hahaha πŸ€£

@sonnydee thanks for tagging! Going to start reading through it haha 

@meou, so good to see you here! You'll find a lot of great posts on some fabulous masks. Enjoy your read. Please do jump in whenever you want, be it in the form of a new post, a response to an existing post, etc. 

I thought this would be the easiest way to show you @meou just tagging! πŸ€—

Late to the party but I multi masked last week using F products I used Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kindβ„’ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL under a heated cap while I wore Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 4.1 oz/ 117 g on my face. That is a great combination for multi masking. 

@Loretta55, that Honey Potion is a staple for me - love it. I've wondered about that Briogeo avocado hair mask; glad to hear you like it. I have a deluxe sample of it that I'll try soon How often do you use a hair mask? 

My hair routine starts with my color touch up which is done every four weeks @itsfi. At the mid point , two weeks I use a hair mask which I leave on for hair anywhere between half an hour to an hour always under a heated cap for better penetration. I always sit with a mask on my face then I will jump back into the shower to wash them both off. 

@Loretta55  I do hair masks every couple days in lieu of conditioner, (extra long hair problems) but I really never thought to put it up in a cap and warm up, I mean I've seen people do it, but I'm so glad you mentioned this.  Going to try it out tomorrow morning to get a little more out of my masks!

I tried the mask without the cap last month @missjeanie. I felt like I just used regular conditioner on my hair. I also booked an Olaplex 2 treatment because my hair has been so frizzy from the high humidity. I have been wearing my hair either in a ponytail or in a bun because I cannot deal with it. I will be cutting off 4 inches also . My coworkers told me that I being my hair grew so long during the pandemic that when I wear my hair down it looks like you can’t see me.

@Loretta55  I’ve been doing the same thing... a messy bun is my standard look of late. I should give my ends a trim too. You’re inspiring my hair today!!

@Loretta55  Definitely sounds like a wonderful masking session! The Honey Potion is one of my favorites-especially in the winter! πŸ˜ƒπŸ―

I agree that it is such a relaxing experience @Shosh85. Having the heated cap helps.

Mmmm...whenever I see people posting about the honey potion, it always makes me want to use it! One of my favorites, @Loretta55  πŸ™‚

It is the best @PrettyPaint ! 

G is for German brand, gold and gifted
T is for two-piece and trifecta, as this mask fits into all three of this week's challenge themes 
Sheet Mask Focus: Foil mask
Balea.jpeg
This is the first time I've used a mask from the German cosmetics brand Balea and it is all thanks to the marvelous @heartsmyface (Thank you, hon!πŸ’–

Spoiler
Material & Fit:
Balea Firming Gold Foil Face Mask is a two-piece mask, with a gold foil exterior and an interior portion I'm assuming is made of black cotton. A part of me wonders if the interior portion might be bamboo charcoal, but I suspect there would be some information to that effect on the packaging if that was the case. In any event, this is a wonderfully fitting mask; it was a near perfect fit for my face shape, size and features. The material for the nose was on the long side for me, but that's hardly a deal breaker and the only adjustments I needed to make, slight ones at that, were to the parts of the mask at inner lower corner of the eyes as it was sitting too close to my tear ducts.

Adherence & Scent:
The mask adheres beautifully - clings to the skin and no slippage or portions lifting up during the recommended 20 minutes I had it on. It smelled lovely as well, though I don't know whether the light, fresh, slightly floral, even more slightly fruity scent is partially from the chamomile extract in the mask, the added perfume or both. In any event, it smelled very nice, so much so that I found myself going back to the packet to take in the scent during and after I removed the mask.

Results:
20 minutes with this mask was a good amount of time for me, though I think I may have been able to eek out another 5, possibly 10 minutes more. There's some, not a lot, of essence that is left atop my face after removing the mask and once absorbed, there's a slightly tacky-to-the-touch feeling that completely dissipated after another 10 minutes or so. Surprisingly, the area under my eyes and near my cheeks did feel more firm and bouncy. Even though the mask claims to have a firming effect, I was not at all expecting that. Another plus for this mask. Additionally, my skin looked and felt refreshed and hydrated, thanks in part to the aloe, brown algae and glycerin in the mask. The results from this mask were really nice and this is one I'd happily use again and one I'd purchase if it were more widely accessible. I found a site that carries the brand and will probably do some research on it after I make my way through my bin of masks. Thanks again heartsπŸ€—

Ingredients:
Spoiler
AQUA, GLYCERIN, BETAINE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, TREHALOSE, TOCOPHEROL, HYALURONIC AICD, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, ASCOPHYLLUM NOSDOSUM EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA FRUIT OIL, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PARFUM, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL

Ohh I'm loving these ingredients @itsfi 

Yes @lmaster! I was happy when I took a look through the list and when I did some research on some of the ingredients I wasn’t familiar with. Lots of skincare goodies in this one. 😍

1 Reply