Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖

It’s May, Hurray! 🌸 We are almost 1/2-way through this year’s challenge🙌🏼

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗 Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Week’s Theme: Masks that Make You Hungry 😋Is it the scent..or the packaging? Which masks make you crave a yummy treat? It is no surprise that this week’s delicious theme is brought to you by none other than @itsfi! 🍉🍰🍩🍯🍵

Letter of the Week:  U

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Thank you @ather! Yeah, I'm not for certain where the 8 minutes came from - I'll add it to my list of things to research. 😀 It seems a bit random, but at the same time, there's a part of me that wonders whether if there's a marketing angle to it. The number "8" is very popular and deemed auspicious in certain Asian countries, including Taiwan where the brand is based and, perhaps there was some thought that "8" minutes might influence people to purchase the masks from this line??!! 

@itsfi  Love the purple 💜 These masks that have such a short wear time always interest me! Sounds like it did well in 8 minutes! I definitely feel like you need two - so you can compare an 8 minute wear time to 15-20 minute wear time. If you do end up doing this, I'll be curious to know what you find out! 😃😉

Me too @Shosh85! 😃 I typically see sheet masks with shorter wear time as being part of a daily sheet masking pack, with the idea that it’s meant to provide a quick burst of hydration (or other properties are being touted) that when used consistently over time provides more lasting results or perform better at improving the skin’s hydration / moisture barrier / elasticity / balance, etc. This one was quick and provided some good results. 👍🏼  I’ll definitely use it again but for my usual 30 minute wear time. Will keep you posted! 

P is for Peaches 🍑

2ECB39CF-F12C-454F-879E-BFC07779C5A9.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Fusion Peaches N Cream Sheet Mask

This is a thin-medium thickness cotton sheet mask that was saturated with plenty of serum. It had a peachy scent, that was maybe just slightly perfumy, though peach is mostly what I smelled while the mask was on. Like a lot of Creme Shop masks, the fit on this one was a little big - it was a little too wide, too long at the chin/jawline and the space between the eyes was just a teensy bit too wide for my preference. Despite the fit, the mask adhered well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. The leftover serum was a little tacky at first but it all absorbed in about 10 minutes. My face looked a slightly brighter and felt soft and comfortably hydrated.

I thought this one was great and I'd definitely use again! I'd repurchase if I found it at TJ Maxx, but just wouldn't pay retail price for it.

97F8C0F2-1D34-442E-A76F-239609FB4739.jpeg

Hehehe spoiled again by TJ prices @Shosh85! Hope you run across these so you can get more.

@ShortErica  There's not too many Creme Shop masks I'd repurchase, but there are definitely quite a few from this fusion line I'd love to see at TJ Maxx/Marshall's!

Another good mask from TCS fusion line @Shosh85. And a peachy scent too! 🍑 Have you tried all the sheet masks in TCS fusion line?

@itsfi I have tried all the originals, but haven't tried any of the new ones or these cute cartoon ones 👇

53110FCB-A6F4-402C-8207-B168BDC24F26.jpeg

511822E4-B260-4721-81B5-573C221EEEDA.jpeg

Loving the milk protein in masks yum yum peaches @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Me too! Always makes my skin feel good! 🥛

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

G is for German brand, gold and gifted
T is for two-piece and trifecta, as this mask fits into all three of this week's challenge themes 
Sheet Mask Focus: Foil mask
Balea.jpeg
This is the first time I've used a mask from the German cosmetics brand Balea and it is all thanks to the marvelous @heartsmyface (Thank you, hon!💖

Spoiler
Material & Fit:
Balea Firming Gold Foil Face Mask is a two-piece mask, with a gold foil exterior and an interior portion I'm assuming is made of black cotton. A part of me wonders if the interior portion might be bamboo charcoal, but I suspect there would be some information to that effect on the packaging if that was the case. In any event, this is a wonderfully fitting mask; it was a near perfect fit for my face shape, size and features. The material for the nose was on the long side for me, but that's hardly a deal breaker and the only adjustments I needed to make, slight ones at that, were to the parts of the mask at inner lower corner of the eyes as it was sitting too close to my tear ducts.

Adherence & Scent:
The mask adheres beautifully - clings to the skin and no slippage or portions lifting up during the recommended 20 minutes I had it on. It smelled lovely as well, though I don't know whether the light, fresh, slightly floral, even more slightly fruity scent is partially from the chamomile extract in the mask, the added perfume or both. In any event, it smelled very nice, so much so that I found myself going back to the packet to take in the scent during and after I removed the mask.

Results:
20 minutes with this mask was a good amount of time for me, though I think I may have been able to eek out another 5, possibly 10 minutes more. There's some, not a lot, of essence that is left atop my face after removing the mask and once absorbed, there's a slightly tacky-to-the-touch feeling that completely dissipated after another 10 minutes or so. Surprisingly, the area under my eyes and near my cheeks did feel more firm and bouncy. Even though the mask claims to have a firming effect, I was not at all expecting that. Another plus for this mask. Additionally, my skin looked and felt refreshed and hydrated, thanks in part to the aloe, brown algae and glycerin in the mask. The results from this mask were really nice and this is one I'd happily use again and one I'd purchase if it were more widely accessible. I found a site that carries the brand and will probably do some research on it after I make my way through my bin of masks. Thanks again hearts🤗

Ingredients:
Spoiler
AQUA, GLYCERIN, BETAINE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, TREHALOSE, TOCOPHEROL, HYALURONIC AICD, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, ASCOPHYLLUM NOSDOSUM EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA FRUIT OIL, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PARFUM, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL

Ohh I'm loving these ingredients @itsfi 

Yes @lmaster! I was happy when I took a look through the list and when I did some research on some of the ingredients I wasn’t familiar with. Lots of skincare goodies in this one. 😍

@itsfi  Oh i still haven’t tried that one!   I kinda fell off the masking wagon recently and need to find a new time slot for masks. My masking session time allotment has been taken over by yoga sessions cause I’ve been such a ball of stress lately.  Yoga’s been helping A LOT!  

Oh @heartsmyface, I’m so sorry you are stressed. 😞 I’m glad you’re getting in time yoga - I find it to be helpful with stress as well. I really need to do it more regularly. 

@itsfi  Firm, bouncy and hydrated sounds like my kind of mask! Happy to hear this one worked out beautifully for you! 😃

Ohhh, I think your skin will like this one @Shosh85. ♥️ I did some quick research on the brand’s other sheet mask offerings and they apparently have an hyaluronic acid based  one that is good. 🤩 I’ll hold off until I finish up the ones I’ve set aside for this year and make my way through some I picked up earlier this year, but after that . . . sheet mask shopping spree!!! 🛍 Well, sorta. I’ll have “rules” in place so my mask supply doesn’t get too out of hand again. 😬 

XP from the Feedback Wanted: New Clean SC Makeup and Skincare Items thread:

Finally getting around to posting my comparison of the old school green tea and the new "clean" matcha tea masks. 

IMG_20200804_143611.jpg

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Matcha  - I actually did a comparison of this one with the SEPHORA COLLECTION Face Mask Green Tea  since both tea sheet masks claim to offer mattifying and clarifying as benefits. I've really enjoyed the older version of the mask and was curious how the "clean" version stacked up. Both masks had a similar fit which works well on my face. Adherence was also good for both masks. The Green Tea mask is made of a slightly sturdier-feeling cotton sheet and had a backing for placement. The Matcha one was perhaps slightly more comfortable on and did not have a backing, but that was not an issue. The Green Tea has a grassier scent, while the Matcha was more of a soapy scent, with the Matcha scent lingering much longer through wear time. I didn't notice much tack on my skin after removal of either mask. Both left me decently hydrated, but I wouldn't say that I noticed any particular mattifying effects. Perhaps with longer usage over time? Based on this comparison, I'm definitely interested in trying other versions of the new clean mask line to see which may become new favorites! 

@quspork  Ooooh, I love that you compared these! Glad to hear they both turned out nice - sounds like I need to try the Matcha Tea one soon! 👍

I appreciate the comparison of old vs new @quspork!

I loved the matcha tea mask @quspork 

1 Reply
Photos1,727
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg