Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Oooh. SuperMud is in tube form now @sonnydee?! ๐Ÿ˜ I have to pick that up before my โ€œno buyโ€ starts. Tagging @Shosh85 - itโ€™s in tube form!!! More hygienic and less messy! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi @sonnydee  Oooh nice! I think everything should be in tube form! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Screenshot_20200808-231634~2.png

โ€ƒ@itsfi @Shosh85 

F is for The Face Shop

Glutathione.jpeg

Sheet Mask

Spoiler
I've been bombarding parts of my face with some heavy-duty zit zapping skincare products and for the most part, the few ugly, large acne spots that have crept up are being effectively treated, if causing me some heartache. Sigh. ๐Ÿ˜ž To soothe my skin and add a little brightness to my complexion, I reached for The Face Shop Bio-Cell Brightening Face Mask, a soft, thin, gel-like bio-cellulose sheet mask geared toward brightening the complexion. The mask feels cool against my skin as it melds easily to the contours of my face, and wraps comfortably like a blanket around my face, the slightly herbal and very lightly citrus scented essence infused in the mask. 

Glutathione is the star ingredient in this particular sheet mask - it is a non-enzymatic antioxidant that is naturally found in the body but like most things, gradually depletes from our body as we age. It is a tripeptide that works to diminish the visible signs of aging and environmental damage and helps to brighten the skin by inhibiting the production of melanin-producing enzymes. This seemed like a good go-to mask for the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that inevitably follows my breakout. After 20 minutes, my skin felt soft, looked hydrated, refreshed, and brightened. My acne spots are less red and even the largest of them seemed less angry. The mask did what it claimed to do and is one that I would repurchase. Thank you to the wonderful @keana1 for sending this lovely mask my way!

Ingredients:
Spoiler
WATER/EAUโ€ขBUTYLENE GLYCOLโ€ขPROPANEDIOLโ€ขGLYCERINโ€ข1,2-HEXANEDIOLโ€ขMETHYL GLUCETH-20โ€ขPANTHENOLโ€ขGLUTATHIONEโ€ขSODIUM HYALURONATEโ€ขBETA-GLUCANโ€ขCITRUS PARADISI (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACTโ€ขXANTHAN GUMโ€ขALLANTOINโ€ขPEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OILโ€ขCARBOMERโ€ขETHYLHEXYLGLYCERINโ€ขPOTASSIUM HYDROXIDEโ€ขDISODIUM EDTAโ€ขPARFUM/FRAGRANCE

Lip Balm

Spoiler
Laneige Lip Glowy Balm - Gummy Bear is a lightly moisturizing, pinky/purple lavendar tinted balm, the consistency of which reminds me more of a cross between a gloss and a balm than a pure balm. It glides on smoothly, makes my lips soft and adds a light sheen to them. It's a nice complement to the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask - Gummy Bear, which I used last night and which has a thicker, slightly tacky consistency like the other flavors in the brand's lip sleeping mask collection.  @SportyGirly125  likened it to grape candy, and keana1 said raisin candy. I had a harder time picking up on the grape flavor; whenever I smelled both products, all I could think of was gummy candy, no particular flavor. sportygirly125 put her detective skills to work and uncovered gummy lifesavers and I think that is spot on! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I can't seem to tag the new LE Gummy Bear flavor . . . 

LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Grapefruit 

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original 

@itsfi now you did get both the balm and lip mask in the gummy bear flavor? If so do they both smell the same to you?

@lmaster, I did pick the lip sleeping mask and the lip glowy balm in the same gummy bear flavor. Some have picked up a grape ๐Ÿ‡ candy flavor but my nose hasnโ€™t gotten grape yet. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ But with the peach lip glowy balm, I also didnโ€™t pick up a peach scent either. The scent is more pronounced in the lip sleeping mask and last night it smelled sweet and fruity-ish.

@itsfi ok good to know! I did pick up the grapefruit balm, the gummy bear mask and the sweet candy I believe lip mask

@lmaster, ohhh, you picked some good ones!! The grapefruit lip balm is my favorite scent of the bunch! 

@itsfi I really love the grapefruit lip mask, so I figured I'd go ahead and try the balm ๐Ÿ˜Š

I've definitely been curious about the new flavor @itsfi - interesting to hear it's grape-y

@Kim888, I know others have picked up a grape scent; I canโ€™t seem to for whatever reason. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Maybe itโ€™s because I associate grape with the flavor of childrenโ€™s cough syrup and I donโ€™t get that scent from it. I can pick up a sweet fruit scent. 

So glad to see the new flavor of Laneige popping up, @itsfi. As a gummy candy lover, I'm intrigued by this new flavor!

I love gummies too @quspork! ๐Ÿ’• Itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve had some; may need to change that. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Maybe a visit to the Sugarfina website is in order. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi 

I was super disappointed about the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original since it just felt like it was sitting on my lips.  I'm super interested in the new Laneige Gummy Bear lip balm tho!  I'm a sucker for that purple color and would love to try that gummy bear scent/ flavor!

@RAWRitsRED, oh, Iโ€™m sorry to hear that the Laneige lip mask feels like it sits on top of your lips; Iโ€™ve heard that from a couple of people. The lip balm has a lighter consistency than the lip sleeping mask so it would be less moisturizing, but do you also get the same feeling of the product just sitting on top of your lips with the balm as you do the lip sleeping mask?

Iโ€™m trying to think of another balm that has a purple tint to it but am drawing a blank at the moment. BITE made a lavender lip mask but my recollection is that it has more of a pinkish hue. Nothing else is coming to mind at the moment, but if I think of something, Iโ€™ll let you know. 

@itsfi 

I haven't tried their balm yet but maybe I'll try it out since there's a sale coming up!

I love your post @itsfi ! I meant grape candy, I suppose I was thinking in French! Raisin = Grape ๐Ÿ™„. Iโ€™m so glad that the BIO-CELL Brightening Mask improved your skin! Your reviews are amazing, I love the details you include in them ! ๐Ÿงโค๏ธ

Aww thank you @keana1! ๐Ÿค— Thatโ€™s very kind of you to say. Itโ€™s fun to talk about masks. 

Oh, I should have made the connection with raisin = grape in. French. All those years of French and I missed it. Thank you for sending this one my way - Bio-cellulose masks feel especially nice when my skin is irritated. 

@keana1 @Glad to know you think it smells like grape candy too 

Maybe @itsfi will eventually agree with both of us @SportyGirly125 ! ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ’œ

@keana1, I donโ€™t pick up grape specifically for some reason. Great that you @SportyGirly125 do. 

5 Replies
testing