Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@lmaster Yup, the tackiness was light, it just lasted forever....  I think it'd make a great morning/primer mask ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

ohhhhhh๐Ÿ˜ patiently waiting for the day to spot at TJ or...

ohhhhhh๐Ÿ˜ patiently waiting for the day to spot at TJ or M...the scent & mask sound lovely @Shosh85

Re: ohhhhhh๐Ÿ˜ patiently waiting for the day to spot at TJ or...

@sonnydee  Yeah, I found a bunch of different ones at Marshall's right before all this COVID stuff happened. I still haven't been back to TJ Maxx/Marshall's since then, so I'm hoping to find some more too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oooh ๐Ÿ˜ This one sounds amazing @Shosh85. Iโ€™ve used a brightening one from the line but not a brightening with pH 5.5. Love the disco ball on the packaging, too. This one is definitely going on my list. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  It was so good! It makes me optimistic about the others I have from the line! The disco ball is the reason I chose to try this one out first ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

The disco ball would have made me pick it up, too @Shosh85. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

"F" as is I've been looking forward to try these two for awhile now. Sometimes, the wait is better than the catch ๐Ÿ˜‰

APieu.jpg

Spoiler
I've been interested in the Bloomeffects Dutch Dirt for months, and finally, finally had a chance to try it a couple of nights ago. The hue is very similar to the Volition Beauty Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask. Probably one of least appealing masks, ever ๐Ÿ˜„ 
DD.jpg
So the Dutch Dirt has a very strong and distinct scent. I was expecting a good earthy aroma; when I ordered from them last year (other products), the inside of the box had a rich, just finished gardening scent. I kinda loved it! This has an unmistakable alcohol scent. I was trying to figure out which one, though...and when it hit me, I was surprised. Isopropyl alcohol. Well, time to see how it works! I slathered on a good amount and found myself again wondering, is this necessary? There are an abundance of rather harsh granules dispersed throughout the product. I tried as gently as I could to cover my face in it, and let it sit for a few minutes. It began to dry after maybe 5-7, after which I promptly rinsed with my Makeup Eraser.  I had to be very, very careful so as not to over-exfoliate. Thankfully it was pretty easy to remove (so many thanks to @lmaster for the invaluable MU Eraser tip!). My skin did appear a little brighter, but I was more concerned about the damage it may have done to my skin in the process.  

Next up, the A'Pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask in Melon. From the reviews I had seen here, I was very excited to try this one. And....YES!!!! Right out of the package, it was absolutely delicious. The scent - like Midori. The sweetest honeydew melon, love, love love. Seriously, after my Dutch Disaster, it didn't even matter to me that the eyes were much too small and needed some snipping, or that the chin kept flapping off. There was a generous amount of serum to pat pat pat on my cheeks and forehead, which I happily did. I left this beauty on until a few parts began to dry - maybe 30-35 minutes? My skin was slightly tacky, but I did not even care at this point - it did look a little smoothed. This mask would be a repeat just for the scent. I love fruity scents in masks, and this truly was a treat!

Sorry about the huge granules. That must be so scary worrying about damaging your skin. Has it been okay since you used the mask or have you noticed anything wrong @eshoe?

My skin has been ok, @ShortErica - but Iโ€™m looking into the long term - a month from now, are my cheeks going to be cracking? Iโ€™ve realized there is a wide open market for solid hydrating masks. Detox/purifying/exfoliating ones are plentiful, and maybe thatโ€™s just where the market is๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@eshoe The only one I can think of is the Origins Mini Drink Upโ„ข Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 3... because @faeriegirl sent it to me in unicorn mail! I need to try it. I tend to always focus on sheet masks but loved incorporating a weekly wash off pore mask on Mondays so I don't know why I always hesitate. Have you tried it?

I use that one @ShortErica @and love it. Very similar to the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml actually! In scent and consistency, the only difference in my experience is the hue and form of application (Origins tube vs YTTP jar).

@eshoe  I love that melon mask- it is so refreshing! The other "flavors" from the line are just as good! ๐Ÿ˜‹

I have a couple more to try out, @Shosh85 , and I am expecting good things๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

That's too bad about the harsh granules in the Dutch Dirt mask, @eshoe but at least the melon mask could help make up for the earlier disappointment!

100% agreed, @quspork ! Always a bright to things, I think that is the keyโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe Does Dutch Dirt contain pumice? That stuff can feel very abrasive. But you got to follow up with a lovely melon mask, hooray! ๐Ÿˆ

I should pay closer attention to ingredients, shouldnโ€™t I @WinglessOne ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚? Letโ€™s see here...oh look-you called it! And AD is second in the list. I think I remember you mentioning the bentonite before, as a positive. This might be a great future elbow scrub. The reviews are all amazing, but I have some sense of relief knowing it was my own curiosity that drove me to it. My skin did appear somewhat brightened, but I think, at what cost? 

Spoiler
INGREDIENTS

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat., Peat, Bentonite, Moroccan Lava Clay, Pumice, Kaolin, Glycerin, Volcanic Sand, Illite, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Extract, Caramel, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Sodium Gluconate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tulipa Hybrid Meristem Cell Extract, Sodium Lactate, Charcoal Powder, Hydrolyzed Opuntia Ficus-Indica Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate (L), Phenethyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate

@eshoe oohhhh melon!! Yummy

Fruity masks are so good, @lmaster ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

happy the melon mask helped with the um........dirt. @eshoe

happy the melon mask helped with the um........dirt. @eshoe

Re: happy the melon mask helped with the um........dirt. @eshoe

Yeah, itโ€™s not pretty @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

testing