Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@sonnydee what a bummer!! Thank you... Next next ๐ŸŽถ

Hmmmm @sonnydee๐Ÿค” this mask seems really high maintenance. ๐Ÿ˜† Sounds like a lot of work to make it (kinda) work. Agree that there are alternatives at comparable prices. Thanks for taking one for the team and for letting us know! On to the next mask! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

I have a handful of the anti-pollution masks from this brand and they are pretty non descript, @sonnydee . 1000% agree with your end results and everything elseโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe @WinglessOne I was really surprised about how much...

@eshoe @WinglessOne I was really surprised about how much a pain this mask was. I wish there was more serum for me too add a blank mask too & try again but no such luck. oh well, ๐Ÿคท can't all be winners

@sonnydee Wow, this mask sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Gotta love those sheet masks that try to fly or slide off your face... Sorry it didn't work out for you! 

For the next few weeks I plan to do Holika Holika masks because I think they fall into the Blind Pick (which one of them will I use), Sheet Mask Focus and letter H. A big thanks to @Shosh85 and @missjeanie for helping me get so many varieties!!! If anyone wants to buddy up and compare with me I'd love to have motivation of which to use next. So far I've done lemon and acai berry.

20200803_094958.jpg

โ€ƒ

@ShortErica  Yay! I was just wondering when you were gonna do a Holika Holika showdown! I've only tried 3, (lemon, strawberry & rose) and I think Lemon is my favorite so far! I'm pretty sure the Pearl is up next in the schedule for me.... I'll definitely have to compare notes when you've gone through them all! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And darn! I still have the Mugwort one with your name on it!

Oh yay! Looking forward to your thoughts too @Shosh85. And no worries, there will likely be a smaller but still quite a bit of variety Holika Holika part 2 showdown in the future. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wow!! That looks so cool @ShortErica 

Thanks @lmaster! It will be nice to see which ones stand out

I can't wait to hear your thoughts @ShortErica . I always love your comparison posts.

Thanks @emaisgr8! That's encouragement to take good notes. So far lemon > acai berry for me.

U is for Ultru

454E92BC-B266-4D84-A80B-6AE258D78559.jpeg

Spoiler

Ultru I'm Sorry For My Skin pH5.5 Brightening Jelly Mask

This is a thin cotton sheet mask that was LOADED with super thick and slimy jelly serum. There was enough extra serum left in the pouch for my neck, chest, arms and legs. It had a mild citrus scent - lemon and orange is what stood out the most to me - and it wasn't as noticeable when the mask was on. The fit was good- just a smidge too wide by the temples and little too long at the chin. It adhered well and was comfortable to wear the 45 minutes I had it on. When I removed it my face felt great and so refreshed. There was some light tackiness that literally lasted an hour and a half! I actually don't mind tack at all and wouldn't even notice it unless I touched my face, which something I try not to do in general- but I do touch it after I mask (with clean hands) for the sake of detailed notes. ๐Ÿ˜‚My skin looked slightly brighter, and had a nice glow and the moisture and hydration from it was long lasting!

I loved this one and would absolutely repurchase, especially if spotted at TJ Maxx again!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
BC24C710-66A0-47BE-917A-E1BE81155D9A.jpeg

@Shosh85 @Oooh this looks interesting! I love ph oriented masks - this sounds great! 

@Kim888 It really was great! This is only the second pH mask I've used, but I've loved them both! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Havenโ€™t heard of a bad pH5.5 mask yet, @Shosh85! This sounds especially inviting, given the extra serum๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe  I loved the thick jellly serum! The only other pH5 mask I tried was the Heimish one and loved that one, so, so far so good! Would definitely love to try out more pH5.5 masks!

How would you compare it to the Brightening Yadah Jelly @Shosh85? Do you repurchase both at TJ Maxx or prefer one or the other?

@ShortErica  It would be easier to compare them if I did them closer together, but from what I remember and according to my notes, it looks like I like this Ultru one better -  it has thicker jelly serum, a wee bit better scent and was better at moisturizing and hydrating. So, I actually probably wouldn't repurchase the Yadah, now that I've discovered this one! 

That's good to know - means I gotta check these out at some point @Shosh85. I think the Yadah jelly have been my favorite jelly mask so far.

@Shosh85 slight tackiness is ok good thing it wasn't sticky ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Reply
testing