Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: The Best Deal vs. The Beat Money Can Buy πŸ’Έ

Letter of the Week:  N

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@quspork Eh, at least it saves me $7-10 USD on another single of this mask. πŸ‘ 

Absolutely, @WinglessOne - always better to spend that money on something better performing!

@WinglessOne That's disappointing - I feel like I have had weirdly high expectations when I've seen this mask floating around as well. It's hard with a sheet mask - you want instant results - not something you have to use for weeks to see 

@Kim888 Right? If I wanted a serious longterm results commitment with a mask serum, I'd skip the mask part and just buy the bottled serum. πŸ˜„ 

hahahhaπŸ˜‚ I thought the same thing about this week's lett...

hahahhaπŸ˜‚ I thought the same thing about this week's letters F and U and also my mask last night. this is a good week to use your one-offs binπŸ˜‰@WinglessOne

Re: hahahhaπŸ˜‚ I thought the same thing about this week's lett...

@sonnydee Hopefully I'll find a Fabulous Underrated mask in my one-offs for this week's theme, instead of another F U mask. 🀣

Re: hahahhaπŸ˜‚ I thought the same thing about this week's lett...

Hopefully 🀞@WinglessOne

@WinglessOne  It's too bad this one was unimpressive! I have a couple "Time Revolution" masks to try sometime, but now I kinda feel a little less excited about getting to them. Glad you only had the one! I still have packs of 10 that I wish I had never bought! 😬

@Shosh85 Aw, maybe you'll have better luck with your Time Revolution masks than I did with this one! I remember seeing a Time Revolution Night Somethingorother variety somewhere, but I don't have that one. Anyway, here's hoping Time Revolution works better for you than it did for me! 

Unusable 5- or 10-packs are the danger (for me) of buying at TJM/Marshalls. I've given away so many masks from boxes I bought in-store. When I find someone who likes a mask that didn't work for me, that person usually gets any of that mask I have left. πŸ˜„ 

@WinglessOne  Yup, I have the Night Repair Probio Ampoule Mask and the Artemisia Jelly Mask. The Night Repair one is what I'm most excited to try - I thought "probio" sounded good (even though I have no idea what the skincare benefits are, haha!.... I guess it's time to Google πŸ˜‰) Plus the packaging looked pretty, and that always lures me in πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‰

@WinglessOne Great review of mask.  I totally understand what you mean regarding high expectations of products or food only to be let down after trying it.  Well at least you were able to identify a few benefits of the mask.  Your product reviews are fabulous! 

Aw, thanks @tjffc ! 

Oh. It’s too bad this one didn’t meet your expectations @WinglessOne. 😞 79-80 points isn’t terrible but it’s certainly a disappointment when your expecting something more in the mid-80 to 90s range. Good for you then that you only had one of these, and not a box of 10!! 

@itsfi I really did think this mask would be at least an 88, even with those 2 yucky ingredients. Oh well! 

This pops up in just about every Ulta gwp bag so I wanted to try it & fit the theme for the week

Fit? Its a mud mask, its gray, dries & gets tight but you only notice if you really open your mouth wide (like a yawn) but i also left this on longer. I left it on for 6 min instead of 2

Smell?faint, like a herbal mud. Not bad & I had to really try to be able to sniff the scent

Consistency? Creamy clay but only spreads ok. It asks for a generous layer & i used the entire sample..not sure if a brush or applicator will make it easier 

Ease of use?ok after I got it all on. The generous layer is probably to help with the removal & i guess i wasn't generous enough🀷. I used a cloth & still had to almost scrub to get this mask off. The good thing is it doesnt strip your skin..

Would I  purchase/try again?....my skin doesnt feel detoxified or fresh, if anything it felt like it left a bit of a residue. Not deeply clean like it promises. But it pops up on the reg so I can always try again leaving it on for 2 min...πŸ˜’ ( smiley face is rolling its eyes. I don't like masking for such a short amount of time) i think you can get the same effect by just washing your faceπŸ‘½πŸ‘½ 

0804202129.jpg

 

Ewww @sonnydee we don't want any residue now πŸ˜†

@sonnydee Thanks for sharing! I feel like everything I have tried from this brand is akin to your review - it's all fine but nothing is mind blowing 

Alot of their stuff I have tried is also heavily perfumed. But their hand cream is pretty goodπŸ€—@Kim888 

@sonnydee Thank you for the review of this mask.  Its great to read thorough feedback from other customers prior to trying products.

πŸ˜‰ anytime. I was hoping this mask would be good-it has g...

πŸ˜‰ anytime. I was hoping this mask would be good-it has good reviews 🀷@tjffc

@sonnydee Thank you for trying this mask! I have a couple of those samples (thanks a lot, Ulta) but haven't used them; haven't even looked up the ingredients for this mask yet. Your review tells me I'm not missing much. 🀣