Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Shopped my stash tonight. ๐Ÿค— it's been a while since I've used the bears. Fit?really good. Almost perfect Smell? clean. reminds me of the typical sheet mask scent. not over powering, it was pleasant Consistency?Clear, jelly like but bubbly as well. Soothing & relaxing after a day at the beach Ease of use?only trouble was above the lip strip, had to adjust it 2x during the wear Would I  purchase/try again? yes!!! and i happily have a stash. I wore this about 30 min. it was exactly what my skin needed. Had extra to rub on shoulders & chest. Soaked in with very lil tack. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ–ค

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Long time love @sonnydee 

@sonnydee  These Bears sure are a favorite around here! It was so exciting finding them at TJ Maxx/Marshall's! Happy to hear you loved this one! ๐Ÿป

I was lucky enough to find them more than once @Shosh85 so exciting & money saving! ๐Ÿค‘

Ah OOZOO bear. ๐Ÿป Always a good one to have hanging around in the stash, @sonnydee!

Definitely will find a permanent place for the bears in my stash @quspork @itsfi 

@sonnydee @quspork thatโ€™s a good indicator of how well a mask performs - a permanent place in the stash is high praise.

Yaay @sonnydee! The Oozoo bear ๐Ÿป makes another appearance on the thread. Such a great mask! โ™ฅ๏ธ

These are such great and easy-to use masks, @sonnydee! I think collectively we picked up quite a few boxes of their stock of this mask last year ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@eshoe @sonnydee 

136477d29c6ede4b4149c6ed8433819f.gif

...it was the summer of 2019. Such a simpler time then. When a younger ShortErica was collecting masks beyond her needs. She wasn't alone in this endeavor. There were maskers around the country grabbing up the goodness of the bears ๐Ÿคฃ

@ShortErica   ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Lol @ShortErica whatever are you talking about! 

tenor (12).gif

โ€ƒ

hahaha @sonnydee 

tenor (20).gif

โ€ƒ

And I bet we would do it all again @eshoe

@sonnydee Hooray for Water-Bang! Glad I'm not the only one who keeps a stash of this mask on hand. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I found a box or 2 ?๐Ÿค” at TJ or Marshalls along with some...

I found a box or 2 ?๐Ÿค” at TJ or Marshalls along with some of the other bears. ๐Ÿป @WinglessOne

U is for Ultru (sheet mask) and Ultra moisturizing (lip balm)

F is for funny name (of one of the ingredients in the sheet mask - houttuynia cordata, aka fish mint, fish leaf, fish wort (oooh, more f's), rainbow plant, chameleon plant, heart leaf, Chinese lizard tail - wow, that's a lot of aliases for this plant)

ultru mask.jpeg

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
What Is It?Ultru I'm Sorry for My Skin S.O.S. Jelly Mask - Calming is a soft, thin cotton mask completely drenched in a thick-ish, juicy, fresh scented, jelly essence, of which there is plenty extra in the packet for use on other parts of the body and/or on another day. The I'm Sorry for My Skin line is marketed as an SOS for the various challenges, vices or the daily activities we engage in that may be cause or exacerbate our skin troubles. This particular version of the mask claims to calm, moisturize, relieve skin stress, and soothe irritations as a result of a lack of sleep resulting due to insomnia to working late and everything in between. 

What's In It?This sheet mask contains a host of botanical ingredients, including centella asiatica,  houttuynia cordata, and panthenol. This also contains AMF (artificial moisturizing factors) which includes nanoparticles that work to slow down moisture from evaporating. It should be noted that this mask contains added fragrance for those allergic, sensitive or seeking to avoid it in their skincare; it is the last ingredient listed. Cica and panthenol have been mentioned on this thread a fair amount and is found in a lot of skincare, with cica really being prominent on the skincare scene in the last couple of years, but what exactly is this houttynia cordata?

First, it's pronounced how-too-nee-ah kor-day-tah. I've noticed this plant ingredient popping up more and more in Korean skincare products late last year and the beginning of this year. Houttynia cordata extract contains polysaccharides, which from what I read, when polysaccharides are found in skincare, it helps to maintain the skin's moisture level. The plant extract also contains natural astringent properties which has been known to be an aid in regulating sebum production. Additionally, houttynia cordata is also known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It's touted for its ability to calm and detoxify skin and is said to be helpful in the fight against acne, because let's face it, it does seem like a fight at times, doesn't it?!

How Did It Perform?: The instructions call for keeping the mask on for 10-20 minutes but with the amount of essence in this mask, I found that I could have kept the mask on a lot longer if I wanted to, and I did. I had it on for a good 45 minutes. There was a lot of essence remaining on my face after I removed the sheet mask but my dehydrated skin slurped it all up pretty quickly. After the jelly essence had completely absorbed, my skin felt very hydrated and soothed, and when I woke up the next morning and looked in the mirror, my skin looked smooth, fresh-faced, more even-toned, and the PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) seemed a bit less pronounced. I did have a very large pimple on my face and while the essence from the mask didn't completely get rid of all the redness, the color around the unsightly zit did look more diffused. 

Overall Thoughts?: The cooling feeling from the mask lends itself beautifully to unwinding in the evenings and feeling more calm and relaxed before bedtime. My skin loves the hydration from the mask (and the extra essence) and there's a welcome calming and slight soothing effect on my skin's redness and breakouts. Overall, I found this to be a good mask and one I would reuse and repurchase again. 

Lip Balm: Bioderma Atoderm Ultra-moisturizing balm is one of my new favorite lip balms and I owe its existence in my lip balm collection to the fabulous @missjeanie! Thank you so much for sending me this! It's balmy and moisturizing without being too thick, emollient or greasy; an unscented, no frills lip balm that gets the job done. It would be safe to say that I'm not lacking in lip balms; so while I don't need another one of these Bioderma balms, I will pick another one up when I've gone through this tube.  

@itsfi a repurchase sounds like a winner

Yep @lmaster, ๐Ÿ˜ƒ thatโ€™s usually how I determine whether a mask is good. There are a lot of good masks out there, but if itโ€™s worth the effort to purchase again, itโ€™s better than others. 

@itsfi  Just did one from this line yesterday! Glad to hear this one turned out beautifully! I think I may have seen Houttuynia Cordata in a mask I used before, but I didn't know it had so many other names - interesting!

@Shosh85, masks with a jelly type essence are some of my favorites, and I love they Ultru has so many versions of these.

testing