Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@quspork redness gone?? Sounds great ๐Ÿ‘

@quspork, the combination of mugwort, gauze and a thumbs up from you is really selling me on this one. Iโ€™m fond of the packaging as well - something about it is very aesthetically appealing to me - itโ€™s calming, simple (in a good way - your word understated captures it nicely), and about the ingredient. Speaking of which, Iโ€™m pleased to see more and more products with mugwort.

Mugwort is a definite favorite of mine, as well, @itsfi. And you're right- simplistic packaging can sometimes be very pleasing!

Last year I went crazy on multi-masking week and tried to do as many as I could in a day. I found it stressed me out vs. being enjoyable. So this year I wanted to participate in the theme (because themes are fun!) but twist it up by using multiple kinds of mask this week. Not shown are a wash-off pore mask and my last use of a sample of Peter Thomas Roth FIRMxโ„ข Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mL - a big thanks to @Alphaboo for sending it to me! There are some types I'm missing like hand and butt but I think I got a well-rounded variety.

Started off with the Venofye Royal Honey sheet mask gift to me by @Shosh85 

20200727_110157.jpg20200727_110203.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200727_110504.jpg
The mask had an interesting honey + almond scent. I think my preference is almond oil is more for baking than my face at least scent-wise. It had a nice thin material and decent fit. I followed instructions, 15 minutes then rinsed off. The mask lived completely up to its claims - my skin was a nice dewy look but not overwhelming like a shine and my skin was soft and supple. The scent was a bit odd and sometimes I feel weird about rinsing mask serum off (why?! I want all the goodness to stay) but this was a good mask. There was extra serum in pack that I used one night..and then rinsed off. A-

Another evening I used the Cala Rosewater Moisturizing Foot Mask from @lmaster 

20200729_210005.jpg20200729_210010.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200729_210850.jpg
Had on my flower pajama dress to match the theme..haha. The size was roomy and it had a light rose scent in package but didn't smell while wearing. I wore them for 35 minutes. There wasn't much to massage in - my feet needed some love. Other than the callus at the top of my heel my feet felt soft. I think the results of extra softness lasted an extra day but my feet probably need some more TLC. I'd give these a B+. I think they did a nice job but the results from the Sephora foot masks worked better for my feet.

I paired some Skyn Iceland Eye gels and a neck mask from @missjeanie - had no idea these were even a thing until that unicorn mail!

20200730_095419.jpg20200730_095424.jpg20200730_095430.jpg20200730_095436.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200730_095812.jpgNeck close upNeck close up
Skyn performed as expected though I wore them a bit excessively - 60 minutes. They are cool and this is probably the best placement I've done. My lines were diminished but off course that's just temporary. I have these from the Ulta 21 days sale at some point and should use them as a treat more often.

The neck mask was interesting indeed. The idea of focusing on the neck intrigued me and I was hopeful cause my neck is getting lines - dang looking at screens! The mask was different than the visual depicted on the package and seemed quite wimpy in comparison. It bunched a bit during wear but did stay on. It was okay material comfortwise but awkward placement. It had a very light flower scent that was not present during wear. For me the results were meh - didn't notice much difference in lines but my skin felt moisturized and there was no tack. For me I'd much rather fold a mask and use it on my neck after wearing it on my face than buy masks specifically for the neck. This was great to see what a neck mask could be and I appreciate missjeanie sending it to me. Always fun to try new masks!

I doubled up with the Vichy peel sent to me by missjeanie - this is my 2nd use and I really appreciated getting to try it twice and then the Elizavecca mask that I grabbed out of masks on the move - what can I say, the piggy attracted me

20200802_131724.jpg20200802_131728.jpg20200802_131734.jpg20200802_131740.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200802_134650.jpg
The first time I used the Vichy, I could feel the heat from the AHA working and it even lasted a few minutes after washing off. This time I didn't feel heat until massaging the product on my face. Even then it didn't last long compared to the 1st try and the heat did not last after washing it off. It did take 3 or so passes to feel confident the product was completely removed in the shower. My face was slightly pink but it faded. I need to start incorporating some actives into my skincare and this was a great one to try.

For the Elizavecca, there was maybe a hint of a fruity scent but mostly typical mask. It had a bubbly clear serum. It was a two-piece gel mask that slid right off of the covers. I found it to be a bit short on forehead. It was slightly long on nose (occasionally flapped while breathing) and did pucker a bit around the chin. It felt cooling when repressing it down on face but while wearing the coolness didn't stay. The mask stayed in place nicely and repressing was more for the cooling sensation if that makes sense. I did feel some irritation around eyes when pressing there but the mask warns you about it. My skin felt smooth and there was no tack. There was extra serum to use the next day which I slathered on my face and neck. I wish it felt constantly cool like the Skyn eye gels vs. needing to press to feel it and I could have used some extra on my forehead. I'd say A-.

I preferred this approach because it made me reach for different masks while not pressuring me to do everything at once. It was a great way to kinda be on theme for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

That neck mask!  @ShortErica I'm glad you tried it, I have a couple that I still haven't pulled out to test.  Glad to hear it wasn't a total dud, and hey, sometimes it's fun to try newness... I'm glad you found a better way to test everything out this go round!

The picture on the package lead me astray on the size @missjeanie but it was full of serum. Or maybe I have a big neck?! ๐Ÿคฃ Always fun to try something new

@ShortErica  I love how you incorporated the theme and used a variety of different masks! So fun! I agree, trying to use multiple masks in a short time frame isn't too relaxing for me either!

I'm glad the Venofye mask was decent for you! It's funny, I didn't realize it was a rinse off mask until after I used it! Haha! At least it still turned out fine ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85 I forgot the Venofye was the really expensive mask you found at a bargain (like $1 a mask or something) compared to its retail price until I saw @eshoe's post. Thanks for sharing! I wonder what prompts some masks so recommend washing of the unabsorbed serum ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Oh hey, I did not rinse it off either, @ShortErica @Shosh85 ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@ShortErica Great assortment of masks. 

Thanks @tjffc! I love doing masks as some "me" time and this variety let me treat more than my face ๐Ÿ™‚

@ShortErica so many that look great!! 

It's so nice having a variety to try from so many generous BICers @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜˜

The Venofye sounds like a nice one, @ShortErica. I'm with you tho, washing off sheet mask serum feels so odd with those masks that suggest it. 

Glad I'm not the only one @quspork. I get it for wash off masks but for sheet masks, it's like hmm..

How could I forget I've also been using the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original too ๐Ÿ˜‰

One more entry for multi-masking week: V = very silly of me to over-apply this particular retinol serum under my eyes. 

Yes, I know 2 of these items aren't masks. :D But they're the reason I used both these green tea masks.Yes, I know 2 of these items aren't masks. ๐Ÿ˜„ But they're the reason I used both these green tea masks.

Last night was my first ever use of the SOBEL SKIN Rx 4.5% Retinol Night Treatment, which is a bit stronger than my usual (The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL). I used it atop my 10% AHA exfoliant, since I routinely use TIL Retinol that way, and had no discomfortโ€”except under my eyes, where I accidentally applied more retinol than I meant to. Oops. To stop the pre-burn tingle from going all 5 alarm on me, I slapped on my trusty JayJun Green Tea Eye Gel Patches. Aaaaah, instant cooling soothing relief! 

That put me in a green tea mood, so I chose a soothing and hydrating sheet mask for full face insurance: LuLuLun Premium Kyoto Green Tea Mask. I've reviewed this mask (and those JayJun eye patches) before in this thread, but hereโ€™s a super-shortened rehashed review: 

Spoiler

Claims: Evens out skin texture; hydrates, firms, and conditions skin. Relaxing green tea scent. (Um, I can just barely smell green tea in this mask.) 

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Panthenol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinesis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Silkworm Cocoon Extract, Prunus Yedoensis Leaf Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance 

Results: Soft, slightly firmer, and very happily hydrated and moisturized skin. Reduces my redness; calms and softens my skin. 

This reminds me to order more of the LLL green tea mask. I have just this one pouch of 7 sheets, and now there are 2 sheets left. I definitely want to have more of these on hand for the rest of the year. 

@WinglessOne  Love the green tea combo! I feel like green tea is great all year round, but it's even better the summer! 
The eye gels really sound great and I'm glad it could help soothe. ๐Ÿ˜Š Im running low on eye masks, so I'll have to make sure to try these out next! ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85 I hope you like the JayJun eye patches if you try them! And yes, green tea is a great all-season soother! 

@WinglessOne Love green tea products.   I've got to try them!

@tjffc There are so many good green tea sheet masks out there! In addition to LuLuLun, Farmskin makes a good one; you can find all varieties of their masks at innerest (dot) net, and if you're lucky, you might find them in your local TJ Maxx or Marshalls (if you're in the US). Whichever ones you choose, I hope they work for you! 

testing