Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@sonnydee, your review has me chuckling. For this round, just washing your face, 1; free gwp Ahava mud mask, 0. ๐Ÿ˜† Perhaps just leaving the mask on for just 2 minutes will make all the difference... ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

I *tried* to sound optimistic, it has good reviews @itsfi...

I *tried* to sound optimistic, it has good reviews @itsfi๐Ÿคท i dont think it's worth my 2 min even. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Got a V for Vegi 

1596409274801~2.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This was a pretty cool mask, it was the same color as the packaging, it had films surrounding it and the material felt like thin hydrogel. The fit was decent just too short on the cheeks, now that doesn't happen often, but it definitely did with this mask. There was a bit of the same color serum in the package as well. The scent, I can't even try to describe it, what I can say is I've never smelled anything like it, and I've never had kombucha, so it very well could of resembled that ๐Ÿคท but it was not strong while wearing the mask. Wear time was 20 minutes, after removing, I just loved the silky soft skin that emerged after using this. Perfect hydration and perfect amount of moisturizing,, it gets an A I do want more of these โญโญโญโญ ingredients
1596409282604~2.jpg

โ€ƒ

Ooh, I haven't seen this line from Yadah, @lmaster. It sounds like it worked out really well! Was the mask actually yellow/orange? 

Yep it was like a mustard shade @quspork even the serum had that brownish tint to it

@lmaster Great to hear positive feedback regarding this mask.

@tjffc it was fabulous!! 

@lmaster  I've never seen this one! Sounds wonderful! Another win from Yadah! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This is a 5โญ mask @Shosh85 my only complaint is it was not wide enough ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Sounds very wonderful @lmaster!

This one was amazing @ShortErica if only it was a little wider

I'm so intrigued by this mask @lmaster! The results sound fantastic! I do wonder if the scent was kombucha. Hmmm, how to describe that .. kombucha has a bit of a tart, sharp, almost like vinegar scent, though I think it's less pungent than what I associate with vinegar. Is that similar to the scent you picked up from the mask?

Yes @itsfi it wasn't exactly like vinegar, maybe a touch sweeter, but the rest of the description is spot on

Thatโ€™s kombucha @lmaster!

I had a feeling @itsfi but wasn't sure ๐Ÿ˜Š thank you ๐Ÿ™Œ

Last bit of catch up from last week, with an apple theme. ๐Ÿ Sunday's V and E was for Vitamin E and as for multi-masking, I'm exercising some creative license here as I check off the multi-masking box with this one since it's technically a two-fer - it's a sheet mask and wash off mask in one! Woo-hoo! ๐Ÿ™Œ Thank you to the lovely @l8totheparty for sending this one my way! ๐Ÿค—

Apples - V + E.jpeg

Spoiler
Mask:by nature from New Zealand Apple Stem Cells + Vitamin E Rejuvenating Face Mask
ScentFresh, fruity, slightly tart green apples. Delicious!!! ๐Ÿ
Intended Purpose:Rejuvenating and nourishing
Key Ingredients Marketed:* Apple Stem Cells are said to improve skin's appearance, texture and elasticity

* Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to prevent skin damage and premature skin aging.  

Other Notable Ingredients:* Aloe juice, hyaluronic acid, and lactic acid
* Added fragrance (last ingredient listed)

Performance & Results:Bright, glowy skin that puts a smile on my face!

Best Suited For:Any skin type, provided no allergies to any of the ingredients
Would I Repurchase?:Very likely, which is a big deal as this is a sheet mask that you wash off and I'm not typically fond of those types of masks. However, I really enjoy apple or apple stem cell-based sheet masks. They're not as prominent a skincare ingredient in sheet masks as others, but my experience has been that my skin really likes the results I get from them. I'm close to getting through my stash of masks from pre-2020 purchases so I likely won't be repurchasing any masks anytime soon as I want to get through those masks and also make my way through the ones I picked up this year (so that the volume doesn't get too out of hand).

Ingredients: from bynatureskincare (dot) com
Spoiler
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tilia Cordata (Linden) Flower Water, Malus Domestica (Apple) Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Isomalt, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, PVP, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lactic Acid, Carbomer, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium EDTA

@itsfi I'm so glad you liked this one! It is a favourite of mine for bright refreshed skin. ๐Ÿ™‚ Cute photo, as always.

Thank you so much for sending this one my way @l8totheparty! โ™ฅ๏ธ Apple stem cell masks are fantastic! ๐Ÿ 

@itsfi I think By Nature recommends water-rinsing after all their sheet masks, which is kinda odd and makes me think that step's unnecessary. I looked up this specific mask's full ingredients list and don't see anything that requires a rinse. Sure, it contains lactic acid, but that's near the end of the list so I doubt there's anywhere near a high enough percentage to warrant neutralization with water. (Lactic acid's probably included for hydration, not exfoliation.) Huh. 

Now that I've seen the full list of what's in this mask, I know it's one I can safely try. My skin also likes a good apple extract or apple stem cell mask, so I'll add it to my list! 

@WinglessOne, most sheet masks Iโ€™ve seen or used that are made in Nee Zealand have included directions to wash off the serum. There was one sheet mask, I forget the brand, I donโ€™t recall it being this by nature one that I used and did not wash off (I didnโ€™t read the instructions beforehand ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ) and I ended up breaking out. Since that one, I donโ€™t experiment with not washing off the ones that call for it. That particular incident also motivated me to read the instructions first! Ha!

@itsfi Interesting... I can see needing to rinse after sheet masking if the mask contains a surfactant, or contains a high amount of a particular ingredient you know your skin's not fond of. I've got some New Zealand masks (including some By Nature masks) and now I'm curious enough to cross-reference their ingredients and maybe look for any relevant NZ cosmetics laws. Might also ask By Nature directly about the wash-off step and why it's necessary. What the heck is in NZ masks that requires washing offโ€”and do I even wanna be pressing it into my face for 20+ minutes in the first place?This'll be a fun research topic for later. 

Reading instructions first is definitely a good lesson, though! Sorry it was hard learned. ๐Ÿ˜ž Once upon a long time ago, I left a product in my hair longer than called for in the instructions I didn't bother reading. I'm not sure my hair ever forgave me for that. Whenever I want it to do something it clearly doesn't want to, it's probably yelling "remember that one time you nearly killed me with [misused product]?!" ๐Ÿคฃ

1 Reply
testing