Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Oooh, Iโ€™ll be interested in your research findings @WinglessOne. Iโ€™m not sure if my reaction was due to the essence in the mask and another product I might have used on my face before or after the mask, or if my skin was just extra sensitive that particular day. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ My skin generally takes to most essences in sheet masks so I was surprised that it reacted as aggressively as it did. 

Ack, sorry about the hairtastrophe! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I try  to not learn lessons the hard way but it inevitably happens and like you said, theyโ€™re the ones that are definitely engrained in my brain! ๐Ÿ˜‚  9 out of 10 times now, Iโ€™ll flip the packaging over in the store to see first if I need to wash off the essence (which is how I discovered that many New Zealand made brands have that particular detail) and if it does, I just skip the ingredients list altogether, place the mask back on the shelf and move on to another mask. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi Heh, the wash-off step is the main reason I haven't used any of my By Nature masks yet. I seem to have collected a few via GWP or friends. They're sitting around unused because my brain refuses to accept that wash-off requirement. Kinda wanna ask By Nature (and other New Zealand skincare brands) why they bothered going the sheet mask route anyway; why not just sell the mask serum in a bottle, tube, or packet like every other wash-off mask? Then I could apply just the serum, wear it in the shower, and rinse it off before I get out? Sure, I could try wearing a sheet mask in the shower but that's just wrong! ๐Ÿคฃ (I realize one needn't take a shower to use a wash-off mask, but that's usually how I use them.) 

Now that I'm thinking about it again, I'll treat the By Nature masks like typical wash-off masks. I'll squeeze the serum out of the sheet and apply just the serum to my face. And I'll let you know what (if anything) I learn after I start down this NZ mask rabbit hole! 

@WinglessOne, I feel like me + sheet masking in the shower would be an accident waiting to happen. I can just imagine at some point shampoo running close into my eyes and then me trying to fix that only to have shampoo and the sheet mask all over my face. ๐Ÿ˜ซ ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Brilliant idea ๐Ÿ’ก to just make use of the serum. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@WinglessOne @itsfi I must say I've used this mask many times without washing it off, without consequences. I keep forgetting to wash it off! But I love the results. I don't recommend pairing this with another acid on the same day though- too much exfoliation! I learned that one the hard way. 

@itsfi Happy to hear this turned out nice for you! I think this has been my most favorite wash off sheet mask, but like you, they're just not something I purposely seek out. ๐Ÿ

Yeah @Shosh85, itโ€™s not intuitive for me to remember to wash off the serum from a sheet mask (bubble sheet masks are different) and history has proved that leads to breakouts when I forget to do so. 

@itsfi Nice masks.  Multipurpose!

Thank you @tjffc! It's truly a rarity that I like sheet masks that you are supposed to wash off, but this is one of them. The results from this mask are great! ๐Ÿ

U is for Unicorn ๐Ÿฆ„ 

18A9B7FE-E8E7-4907-8D1E-AEE4D70E781E.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Clear Up, Skin! Unicorn Face Mask

This is a medium thickness cotton sheet mask with an animated unicorn face on it. It was saturated with plenty of serum and had a sweet, imitation strawberry milk kind of scent. ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ› It had a good fit and was just a little too long at the chin. I kept it on for about a half hour. It didn't have the greatest adherence and the chin just didn't want to stay stuck. There was only the slightest bit of tack after removing the mask that only took a few minutes to absorb. My face looked a little brighter/less dull and my skin felt so soft and smooth and comfortably hydrated.

As far as the Creme Shop character masks go, this is probably my 2nd favorite out of the ones I've tried. I'm not sure there's any Creme Shop mask I'd pay full price for, but I'd repurchase these if I happened to see them at TJ Maxx again! ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“

Ingredients:

Spoiler
A34AEE84-CDF6-4DBB-B6E3-BA6FC13D41B0.jpeg

The mask:

Spoiler
D28825E1-30EE-4E20-B15E-A5925B9B6DEC.jpeg

My face:

Spoiler
8CF97DE5-F5B1-4AA6-9371-5E63D26CB09A.jpeg

@Shosh85 This seems to be one of the betterโ€”er, best TCS masks. You wear it well! ๐Ÿฆ„And you've reminded me to keep an eye out for it next time I brave a visit to TJ Maxx/Marshalls. 

Thanks @WinglessOne! The Cica-Mend mask holds the 1st place spot for me, but I'd gladly buy more of these if I can continue to find them at TJ Maxx! ๐Ÿฆ„

@Shosh85 @WinglessOne Man, seeing all the love for this one I feel like I've got to try it again. I wonder why I had such an overly tacky experience. Had to have been a dud!

@Shosh85 I never get tired of seeing your animal faces, I think you always get a great fit with them so it looks amazing and as intended. I so understand about wanting to just buy the masks at TJ Maxx vs retail price.

Thank you @ShortErica! It helps that the character masks seem to have the best fit out of all the Creme Shop masks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85 Very cute packaging

@tjffc  Yeah, it's The Creme Shop's packaging that always lures me in! haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree; this is a good one from The Creme Shop, @Shosh85 (and fun too!) ๐Ÿฆ„ Definitely one that would be on my tops list among The Creme Shop sheet masks. ๐Ÿ‘

P.S. You make an adorable unicorn. ๐Ÿ’• Well, actually, you've always made the animal or character masks look great! ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi  Awe, thank you, you are the sweetest! ๐Ÿ˜Š Character masks are certainly entertaining! This was actually the first Creme Shop mask I ever tried! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

This is a great mask to have as your first mask from the brand @Shosh85. ๐Ÿฆ„ It makes a good first impression - packaging, illustration on the mask, the scent and results. It would definitely make you want to try more masks from the brand.

This is one of my favorite creme shop masks too @Shosh85 

@emaisgr8  Happy to hear you like this one too! So far, this and the Cica Mend tiger one are the only character masks I'd repurchase! ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฏ

1 Reply
testing