Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

One more entry for multi-masking week: V = very silly of me to over-apply this particular retinol serum under my eyes. 

Yes, I know 2 of these items aren't masks. :D But they're the reason I used both these green tea masks.Yes, I know 2 of these items aren't masks. ๐Ÿ˜„ But they're the reason I used both these green tea masks.

Last night was my first ever use of the SOBEL SKIN Rx 4.5% Retinol Night Treatment, which is a bit stronger than my usual (The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL). I used it atop my 10% AHA exfoliant, since I routinely use TIL Retinol that way, and had no discomfortโ€”except under my eyes, where I accidentally applied more retinol than I meant to. Oops. To stop the pre-burn tingle from going all 5 alarm on me, I slapped on my trusty JayJun Green Tea Eye Gel Patches. Aaaaah, instant cooling soothing relief! 

That put me in a green tea mood, so I chose a soothing and hydrating sheet mask for full face insurance: LuLuLun Premium Kyoto Green Tea Mask. I've reviewed this mask (and those JayJun eye patches) before in this thread, but hereโ€™s a super-shortened rehashed review: 

Spoiler

Claims: Evens out skin texture; hydrates, firms, and conditions skin. Relaxing green tea scent. (Um, I can just barely smell green tea in this mask.) 

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Panthenol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinesis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Silkworm Cocoon Extract, Prunus Yedoensis Leaf Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance 

Results: Soft, slightly firmer, and very happily hydrated and moisturized skin. Reduces my redness; calms and softens my skin. 

This reminds me to order more of the LLL green tea mask. I have just this one pouch of 7 sheets, and now there are 2 sheets left. I definitely want to have more of these on hand for the rest of the year. 

@WinglessOne  Love the green tea combo! I feel like green tea is great all year round, but it's even better the summer! 
The eye gels really sound great and I'm glad it could help soothe. ๐Ÿ˜Š Im running low on eye masks, so I'll have to make sure to try these out next! ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85 I hope you like the JayJun eye patches if you try them! And yes, green tea is a great all-season soother! 

@WinglessOne Love green tea products.   I've got to try them!

@tjffc There are so many good green tea sheet masks out there! In addition to LuLuLun, Farmskin makes a good one; you can find all varieties of their masks at innerest (dot) net, and if you're lucky, you might find them in your local TJ Maxx or Marshalls (if you're in the US). Whichever ones you choose, I hope they work for you! 

@WinglessOne I just bought those eye gels ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster Yay! I hope they work well for you! 

Love the green tea pairing @WinglessOne! Makes me want to have a cup of green tea myself right now! ๐Ÿต In fact ... ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi Hope your tea was tasty! ๐Ÿ™‚ My favorite green tea variety is lung ching (dragonwell). That's actually my favorite of any type (green, black, oolong, etc.) of tea. I keep a big tin of loose leaf at the ready. 

I should look at other tea masks in my stash. I have lots of green tea masks and some black tea masks, and many masks contain chamomile. But I wonder if I have masks that contain any other kinds of teaโ€”and how many masks use other tea types, anyway? I've seen a couple of white tea masks out there... don't think I've seen (or noticed) a rooibos mask, or an oolong mask. Great, yet another reason to shop! ๐Ÿคฃ

It was @WinglessOne! A cup of green tea is always nice! ๐Ÿต Excellent choice for a favorite green tee variety. Origins used to have a RitualTeas collection that included tea-based masks. They were powders inside a tin canister and youโ€™d scoop out some powder and mix in water and then apply. They had a few varieties, including one based on rooibos tea and another for oolong tea. I miss that collection; I think it was discontinued 2 or 3 years ago. I *think* they may also have had a rooibois tea mask for the body. 

E is for Etude House

38A715A7-44D5-4B06-A8D0-DD84BCE3BD33.jpeg

Spoiler

Etude House Soon Jung Panthensoside Sheet Mask

This is a thin cotton sheet mask saturated with plenty of serum and had just your standard sheet mask kind of scent. The fit was good - just a teeny bit too wide by the temples and a little too long at the chin. It adhered well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There was no tackiness after removing. My face looked less dull, and my skin felt soft, slightly plumped and comfortably hydrated.

I really enjoyed this one and also appreciate the short ingredients list. I'd definitely repurchase!

16F64B62-71E8-4F8B-B07B-0138791DBBE1.jpeg

@Shosh85 Love all the ingredients!

@tjffc  There's some good stuff in there! This m always a sucker for Cica!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Love when sheet masks get to the point with ingredients @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Right?! It's refreshing to see how he ingredient list so short and not two pages long! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Glad to hear you liked this one, @Shosh85! That EH line is supposed to be great at being gentle but hydrating. 

@quspork  Gentle but hydrating sounds perfect๐Ÿ‘Œ I'd love to explore the line more! 

Pretty sure there hasnโ€™t been an Etude House dud yet, @Shosh85! Now I have another one to try, ha ha;)

@eshoe  I agree, Etude House makes some great masks! The short ingredient list is what attracted me the most ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@Shosh85, I'm so happy you reviewed this sheet mask and excited to hear that it's one you would repurchase. "Soft, slightly plumped and comfortably hydrated" skin works for me. ๐Ÿ’–

The mask is part of a whole line of skincare products from Etude House that I've been curious about. Making a note that it's shosh-approved. ๐Ÿ˜ I'll have to give the mask and the other skincare from this line a closer look after using up some of my current goodies and after the store that carried this line opens back up. May see about samples after things settle down a bit over here.

@itsfi  I'd love to explore this line more, especially if everything is as good as this! I still have the "Real Propolis" mask to try and also bought some of the "Real Propolis Ampoule" samples to try out as well. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

1 Reply
testing