Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

They have so many options, @itsfi! I've never really looked them up before but what just perusing their website and it's a crazy number of masks with all kinds of different ingredients, so many delicious sounding ones. Do you have any favorites of the ones you've tried? 

It's so easy to get lost with all the different products in their brand @quspork! They usually come out with a new ingredient to showcase during the year, not a ton, but typically a different and new one for the cooler seasons and again when the weather is warmer. I've tried a few samples at home as well as have had these masks in a treatment and would consider picking up or repurchasing (not all at once, of course):

Mask

• Bamboo Age Corrective Masque - I tried a DS and it was fantastic. After I get through more wash-off masks, I'll probably pick this one up. It's the only wash off mask where I've felt some firming in certain areas after using the mask.
  • Balancing Masque - Pomelo Cheek Treatment - this is so nice on my dry cheeks 
  • Pumpkin Latte Hydration Masque - yes, pumpkin latte. 

Peel / Exfoliating products

• Arctic Berry Peel & Peptide Illuminating System - I've had one of their peels in salon and they made me a sample to take home to use a week or two after. It's very nice; pricey but very nice. I may pick up a set after I've gone through my current peels. The acai moisturizer that comes with it can be purchased alone and that's a good one for dry skin.
  • Pear & Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher - this smells wonderful. My preference is for chemical exfoliants but this one is good. If your skin is super sensitive, the granules might be too much. 

Toner, Serum, and Oils

• Rosehip Triple C + E Firming Oil - this is such a luxe oil. 
  • Bright Skin Licorice Root Booster - Serum - really good for sun spots, PIH
  • Stone Crop Hydrating Mist - I've used this as a toner or essence
  • Mangosteen Revitalizing Mist - smells so good
  • Sweet Red Rose Tonique - I like to use this as a mist
  • Apricot Body Oil - this is divine, especially in the colder season.

Ooh, thank you so much for the recs, @itsfi! I'm definitely bookmarking their page for when I've gotten thru a little more of my current stash. (I am hard eye-balling the pumpkin latte mask haha!)

@quspork, the brand is almost always excluded from sales, unfortunately. BUT, there have been occasions where if I’ve purchased products online through lovelyskin (dot) com or skinstore (dot) com, the site may send every once in a while a sample of an Eminence product with a coupon code for 10 or 15% off; it doesn’t have to be used for that particular product but it’s good for Eminence items. 

@itsfi The wash off mask sounds wonderful and cherry pie filling sounds yummy to me.

@emaisgr8, I thought about making a cherry pie 🍒 🥧 while I was masking but I wasn’t up for making the crust and heading back to the store to pick up more cherries. 😆 

I love that the Eminence contains actual chunky bits of cherry, @itsfi👍🏼 I haven’t tried the Farmacy cherry products, but this makes me curious how they compare scent-wise🤔 @lmaster I think you have tried some, maybe?

Yep @eshoe @WinglessOne nailed that description

@eshoe  I've used Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL for several months now (I don't remember when I switched to it... sometime last year) and also have a jar of Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm Limited Edition Very Cherry 3.4 oz/ 100 mL which I use only to remove swatches from my arms/hands. The balm has a stronger scent than the vitamin C serum, but the vit C serum smells more like natural cherries. The balm has more of a cherry + vanilla + almond scent. 

Very Cherry Bright's been my favorite vitamin C serum since I started using it, mostly because it actually works but also because one of its 4 forms of vitamin C is sourced from acerola cherries instead of citrus extracts/oils. That (and its lack of other bad-for-me stuff) makes it 100% safe for my face. 🙂 The light cherry scent is a welcome bonus. 🍒

Stop selling me on products, @WinglessOne 😂 Adding the serum to my list❤️🍒 

@itsfi  Yum! 🍒 The Eminence mask sounds great! I'm not sure I've ever tried a cherry scented mask before!
Good to know the cherry balm has a tint to it! I already bought the peach one, but read some of the reviews on the cherry one and decided to wait til there's a sale. The Ilia lip oils sound like something I'd love - thanks for the heads  up on those! 😃

@Shosh85, the cherry lip balm looks and feels nice if your lips are already in a good state. If your lips are dry, it's not going to feel as moisturizing as you'd expect from a balm. If your lips are very dry, it's probably worth looking into another flavor within the Sephora Collection range or another lip balm.

Okay, super excited to hear your review for the balms @itsfi ! I completely assumed that the cherry would have no tint to it so was just disappointed it wasn’t a scrub. Now that I hear there’s a tint my interest has been re-peaked! And I’ve had a couple of the lipstories bounce in and out of my cart (and now in again). I should finish up a tinted balm this week and this will be motivation to finish it.  

@missjeanie, the lipstories balms are good - I have 2, one in Date Prep and I just received Are you jealous? last night. Not to throw you a curve ball, but Ilia is coming out with tinted lip oils on Tuesday (8/4) and they look really good too. There’s supposed to be 6 shades but there’s only one coming up on Sephora at the moment. I mean, it's called Balmy Gloss Tinted Lip Oil!!!! 😍

Ilia balmy lip gloss oil.PNG

The 6 shades in this range are:

* Linger - berry mauve

* Maybe Violet - soft lavender

* Only You - neutral nude

* Petals - tropical pink

* Saint - rustic orange

* Tahiti - burnt coral (shown on Sephora site)

Tagging (and some may say, enabling 😉)  

@lmaster,  @sonnydee@Loretta55@Shosh85@ather (you may be on a no-buy, in which case, oops, I'm sorry, you didn't see this at all, hon!), @SportyGirly125@eshoe So sorry if I'm missing someone on here who also loves a good tinted lip balm / lip oil.

@itsfi Well doesn't this look enticing!  Did I just buy another lip oil?  Oh man.. I can't even remember, how sad is that!  The 'burnt coral' doesn't do a thing for me, I'm a mauve girl through and through, but I mean.. sometimes you need to go out of your comfort zone right?  

The SC balm is back in my cart again.  It's about time for a summer sale right?  I need something to push me over the edge after getting a few packages this week already lol

Hahaha @missjeanie! I’ve made plenty of  “you should go outside your comfort zone” purchases. It’s so weird how those orders  usually include a color inside my comfort zone as well. 🤪😂🤣😂 

I’m so happy you’re getting a few packages! Yaaay! 📦 🙌🏼 Exciting! 😃 

lol @itsfi funny enough one of those orders this week/last week had a milk lipstick in a shade I love (but feels so much like lipstick when all I've been wearing are balms).  And a Lancome lip gloss/liquid lip in a shade I'm not super into.  I'm going to force myself to wear the Lancome at least twice next week!

@missjeanie, Good for you for trying out a new shade! 😃 You know, I’ve found that the Sephora Collection lip oils or lip mousses we received come in handy for mixing with lip colors that are not otherwise within my comfort zone. That’s an option if the Lancôme lippie doesn’t work out for you on its own.

I think the Lancome is actually a nice colour @itsfi , just not one I'd reach for often.  I've also discovered that I'm not much of a mixer... I want to use one product, not fuss with mixing.  I did realize this morning though that I had just pulled 2 Keihl's lip oils out of their boxes.... I clearly don't need more when I forgot I even had these... but I'm eyeing some more lip oils now ...  have you tried the Kosas ones?  I feel like I always love your lippie recommendations lol

Oohhhhhh sounds lovely!! @itsfi  😍

I think these color would look fabulous on you @lmaster! ♥️ You can make any lippie shade look beautiful. 

3 Replies
testing