Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi Thank you for the tag.

@Loretta55, you’re welcome. Lip oils are wonderful and this one seems to be a hybrid of a balm, a gloss and an oil. And from Ilia top! Seemed like it might be of interest to you.

@itsfi Thank you for the tag 

You’re very welcome @SportyGirly125. 🤗 You’re so good with tagging me for lip balms launches; one good turn deserves another.

Yes, I just purchased a few lipstories as well, @itsfi , for the first time! Thank you for the tag, I will be looking forward to it;)

I think you’ll like the lipstories balms @eshoe. I found them to be nice moisturizing, balmy. The color is buildable and lasts up to 1-1/2 to 2 hours on me, but my lips stay moisturized and soft even after the color is gone. 

You are right, @itsfi . Inadvertently I bought a matte, satin and metallic, and all three are pleasant and easy on the lips. Great product for such a small $!

I like the looks of it @itsfi 🤔 thank you for the tag! I'll wait for reviews...or a promo. I don't take cheating on my glosses lightly. 😋

Hahaha @sonnydee! 😆 So many releases coming this week! A promo for these would be lovely.

@itsfi  Omg this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. I’m totally on a no buy but Langeine has a gummy bear lip mask and glossy lip balm coming up that I may need to break my no buy for 😬 I also got ILIA Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment Sing  and it’s sooo good. I can only imagine how good this lip oil will be 😝

@ather, there seems to be a lot of new products being released this Tuesday. 💸😂  There’ll be sales popping up too. 🛍  Picking and choosing what to get and what to pass on is definitely the way to go. Perhaps at some point there’ll be a set of mini’s for these balmy glossy oils. 

@itsfi ohhhhh that sour cherry mask sounds wonderful!!

This is such a nice mask @lmaster! 🍒 The brand has a sour cherry whipped moisturizer that I want to try. 😍 It sounds like it would be amazing; and with it, I probably could do a skincare routine just based on cherries! ♥️

First thought not going to lie: is it edible? 😂🍒 @itsfi the moisturizer sounds good too. I think the only Spalife sheet mask i like is there bubble mask.

Hahaha @sonnydee! 😂  The yumminess of the Eminence mask is limited to its scent. Definitely not edible. Yeah, I’m not a fan of this SpaLife mask; I don’t think I’d categorize  it as a good filler mask. It didn’t cause any breakouts, redness or other skin irritation, which I’m very thankful for, but it’s just not for me. Oh well. On to the next mask. 😉 

Tonight’s masking, “V” for Vargas and Venofye:

909D165F-11DD-47E1-BCA2-1411D4747374.jpeg

Spoiler
First, the Kosas Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm Pulse is minty and long-lasting for a balm. Plus I use it outside to protect my lips in that hot summer sun. Great balm and another likely repurchase.

The Joanna Vargas Exfoliating Mask is new to me and these are my first impressions.

Scent: yummy! Was not expecting that. On board. There is a deliciously subtle fruity-citrus scent to this. 

Texture: scrubbies are a bit harsh, albeit teensy-tiny. I had to apply this fairly thin clay-like mask carefully, so as to not rough up my skin too much. 

Appearance: looks like the untaggable Kiehl’s Cranberry & Turmeric mask.
32753B37-0837-42C8-8A53-0B7AAFF5A9EA.jpeg

There is a golden sheen to it, which is very pretty. Rinsing was easy, I used a muslin cloth. The granules are rather rough, so I was very careful when removing them. My skin, especially the forehead area, looked brightened after using.

The Venofye Royal Honey Sheet Mask was a mask I looked forward to trying because it was from trusted mask aficionado @Shosh85 and also because of its crazy $$$ price tag. I am always curious if the amount paid reflects value received.

So first thoughts. The scent-I was not expecting heavy honey based on Shosh85’s reviews, and true to her word_there was little to be noticed. Once it was on my face, I seemed to sense a bit of honey, but there wasn’t enough there for me to say.

This is a medium weight sheet mask. The unfolding was extraordinarily frustration-free. The fit- perfect. Really, the best cotton mask fit I’ve tried. I left it on for nearly 30 minutes before it became noticeably dry under my nose. There was a tiny bit of serum for reapplying, which I used. My skin was just the slightest bit tacky, and appeared brighter after using-I don’t think that was the goal, but it happened and I will take it 🤷🏻‍♀️😊 

@eshoe like @emaisgr8 I had no idea about the crazy price tag! Or maybe I did but forgot. Thanks for that reminder. I enjoyed the mask too but there's no way I'm buying it with that price tag. 😲

An absolute treat to try, @ShortErica - but not necessarily to buy😉

@eshoe  I really liked the Venofye mask also.  I didn't realized the crazy price on it.

@emaisgr8 I never would have tried it, if not for @Shosh85‘s generosity! How fun, and it also makes me realize that most masks really should be in the $1-5 range. $50 is absurd😂

WOW just looked Venofye masks up. 😳😯🤑 1 mask better fi...

WOW just looked Venofye masks up. 😳😯🤑 1 mask better fix everything wrong with my face immediately & for a month for it to be worth it. @eshoe
testing