Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I'm not on theme with this one, but here's the Dewytree Quince Mask!

IMG_20200723_163247.jpg

Marketed as a single-ingredient mask that helps with balancing oil and "cultivates clear skin," this ended up being a lovely mask that I wouldn't hesitate to use again. It had a watery serum and a comfortable sheet made of a blend of eucalyptus, cotton, and seaweed. It had a light fruit scent and stayed moist for a good 20 minutes. I'm not sure if it really helped balance my oil, but skin did feel nicely hydrated after removal of the sheet. 

Hydrating is always nice. I wonder if over time it would help more with oil @quspork ๐Ÿคท

That's definitely a possibility, @ShortErica. Unfortunately for me, I am far too fickle with masks to use just one for an extended period of time so those long term effects are lost on my skin, haha! ๐Ÿ™ˆ

There are some 10 pack boxes I want to try it with, just to use them up but I agree with you @quspork - better and more fun to use a variety.

A light fruit scent sounds wonderful! @quspork 

Very refreshing, @lmaster!

@quspork  Good to see someone review one of these Dewytree 100 mask varieties. I've considered trying the cica mask from this line. Glad the quince variety works for you! 

I think the Cica one would be right up your alley, @WinglessOne - no extraneous ingredients, just pure Centella Asiatica extract. 

@quspork Dewytree makes some nice masks, and it sounds like this was no exception! Glad you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

They do have some nice ones, @Shosh85. I have the birch from this line to try too- so excited to see how it works out. 

This mask sounds wonderful @quspork! ๐Ÿคฉ Iโ€™ve been impressed with Dewytree sheet masks. Making a note about this one ... for when my mask count is less than triple digits. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคช

You are very much on theme! V is for vitamin C. Quince is a good source of vitamin C! โ˜บ๏ธ

Ha- true, Vitamins always sneak in there , @itsfi!

I multimask almost everyday, so just thought I'd share my normal Wednesday routine.

I start with an intense exfoliation or peel. Right now I'm using Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask 5 oz/ 148 mL right now. 

Spoiler
Whenever I sniff this in the jar, I'm like, "Yay, pumpkin pie." But when its on the face its a little too sickeningly sweet. It easily applies, especially with a brush.
I like that it isn't as intense as other sort of peel masks, I can leave on closer to the 7 min max recommended wear time. It only stings a little bit when I put it on (and usually only around the nostrils) and this goes away quickly.
It definitely helps smooth my skin, but isn't my favorite of these types of masks. Would use again if I got in a set though.

I follow up with a hydrating mask. I'm close to empty on the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Spoiler
I am SO glad to be close to empty on this. It is not a good mask, IMO. First of all, it stings too (especially around the nostrils). It is almost greasy. It does hydrate a bit, but not as much as I'd like. One more use and it is done!

After the rest of my skincare routine, I end the night with a sleeping mask and lip mask. Right now I'm using the Origins Mini Drink Upโ„ข Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 3... and the old formula bite beauty lip mask.

Spoiler
This is one of my favourite sleeping masks. It smells so lovely and tropical. I like how it is creamy but liteweight, so on my normal to dry skin, it sinks in a little but isn't too greasy. Its great for the warmer months but isn't quite enough for the winter.

We all know the old school agave lip mask is amazing. I haven't had a chance to get the reformulation.

@haleyvvvv I love that ptr detox mask ๐Ÿ’—

I can see why its a lot of people's fave, @lmaster!!

@haleyvvvv  Looks like a nice routine! ๐Ÿ‘ The Origins and PTR Pumpkin masks are a couple of my favorites! The Origins wasn't quite enough for me during the colder months either, which is why I use the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml more in the winter.

Thank you, @Shosh85!! I'm more of a Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask 2.25 oz/ 64 g gal myself in the winter. I tried a DS of the YTTP and wanted it to do more for my skin, unfortunately. I do have another DS, so I'll give it one more try in the next months.

@haleyvvvv  The pumpkin PTR is too sweet smelling for me too.

Right?! I wish just a bit less scent, and it would ideal smelling. @emaisgr8 

Oooh, the PTR pumpkin mask is a fave of mine ๐Ÿฅฐ and I so agree @haleyvvvv, that Origins mask is a sensory delight! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Youโ€™re a trooper for working your way through that PTR cucumber mask. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ I know itโ€™s well liked by some. I could never get it to work for me as a face mask, and have usually passed it along or found ways to repurpose it. Kudos to you for being close to finish it up. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ ๐ŸŽ‰ 

Lol, one more week and its done. I just can't not use products, it feels wasteful. Especially when it isnt causing any negative side effects. I wish I had thought to repurpose it.  @itsfi 

1 Reply
testing