Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Ooo I do have a couple Erno in my stash. Have you tried the Lighten one @Kim888?

@ShortErica @I have! I prefer this one though - I didn’t think the lightening one was quite as effective 

Thanks for the insight @Kim888!

@Kim888 I must admit your erno mask sounds very appealing

@Kim888  I keep hearing great reviews on the Egg Cream Mask and still haven't tried it yet! Good to hear it's a favorite of yours!

Those Erno Laszlo masks are pretty fun! I agree - it's definitely a good one for summer!

@Kim888, a mask with a cooling effect and that makes your skin plump and refreshed sounds like a perfect summer mask! Agree, TCFS egg mask is a trusty go-to; love it! πŸ’•

V is for Vitalizing 
3DB0359C-BCA0-46F5-9563-BC0AF437ED74.jpeg

Spoiler

Yadah Vitalizing Mask Pack

This is a thin-medium cotton sheet mask that was soaking with serum and didn't have much of a discernible scent - just a typical sheet mask kind of smell. It had a great fit and was just a little too long at the chin. The adherence was ok, but the chin part did need some occasional re-patting. I kept it on for about a half hour. When I removed it the serum was a little tacky, but it all absorbed in only 5 minutes. My face looked a little brighter and felt soft and smooth.

I think this would fall under the category of a good filler mask- it wasn't bad, but also nothing too special. I'd use again, but probably wouldn't repurchase.

30062BF0-8014-49DA-93FA-4F175E33F547.jpeg

Vitalizing masks crack me up, @Shosh85. I’m just not sure what that means, maybe. Maybe a zesty citrus scent might *feel* like it’s waking you up (or even a coffee one)? At any rate...at least it left your skin happy:)

@eshoe  Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. The question, "what does 'vitalize' even mean?" has definitely popped up a few times. πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

Now that you posed the question @Shosh85, it made me think...’vital’ - what is vital? Nutrients? Maybe that has something to do with itπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ If so, it would totally make sense to me!

I so agree @Shosh85. I think I was blinded by the Yadah. I bought a few boxes at Marshalls and now that I retried one, it was fine but not wow. I do appreciate the lack of fragrance and price point at Marshalls but the adherence and material could be better. I may have to do a comparison to see if any of this line stand out vs the rest. I dont know if I have this one but know I have quite a few different ones.

@ShortErica  Yeah, I'm kind of regretting buying a 10 pack of the snail/collagen - they're fine and all, I just didn't need 10 of them! I wouldn't mind trying the others (lime and seaweed), but only if I can get singles πŸ˜‰

@Shosh85 I have the snail/collagen, the pore care, and the honey. I remember liking the pore care the best and the honey wasn't impressive but I really need to retry them.

Everyone needs a great filler mask right @Shosh85 

Exactly @lmaster, always good to have a few on hand! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, I agree with you about it being a good filler mask. In general, the masks in this particular Yadah line seem well suited for daily masking, especially if you can find them in a box of 10 at TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners. I've used the snail version for daily masking for a week and was pleased with the results, which makes me curious how many different flavors are in this line - I doubt there's enough for a different flavor per day for a month, but I wonder if there's enough different varieties that you could use 2 or 3 in a month. Hmmm....

@itsfi  Yeah, I agree, these masks would be great daily masks! I've thought about using the snail/collagen one consecutively, but I feel like I'd get too bored, even just for a week πŸ˜‚ - but alternating the different flavors is a great idea!
I *think* there's 6 different varieties, and I've tried all but the lime/brightening one. I'm pretty sure the snail is my favorite πŸŒπŸ˜‰
6D42C6B7-9C7C-4E0A-B84D-7BB91BB0B743.jpeg

@Shosh85 I think I saw what looked like a seaweed one in @lmaster's empties. From the packaging it looked like the same line but I could be wrong.

I didn't like the scent on this one at all lol @ShortErica @Shosh85 

@ShortErica  oh yeah, I remember that one! It didn't show up in the group images online. So that puts the total to 7! Could definitely do a week of Yadah @itsfi! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

We'll see @Shosh85. A week with a variety of masks is doable. Maybe I'll do it in the fall or winter. I don't typically use sheet masks in the summer as often as I do in the cooler months, mainly because of my skin's temperment. πŸ€£

1 Reply