Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Haha the Mediheal! Although I do believe I have a few of the Yadah that were gifted to me as well! ๐Ÿ˜Š @Shosh85 

@Shosh85 Always a bummer when it doesn't adhere very well, at least the results were decent!

@Kim888  Yeah, "decent" and "filler mask" are definitely words I use to describe this one. ๐Ÿคทโ€

I had some time this morning and BIC was co-operating better than it has been so I decided to join in on the multi-masking fun! 

Started off with the Holika Holika Egg.  I have been trying to use this every other day before I shower. I don't leave it on for too long and rub off in the shower, to have less mess.  After using it consistently for a few weeks, I can pretty safely say that I don't think this does much if anything.  Its also the egg that keeps on keeping on.  I'm going to try to finish this, as I don't like 'wasting'.  Product of my childhood there, I can hear my mom and grandmother 'waste not, want not'!  I'm going to be excited to finish this, mostly to have it out of my cabinet, the dang egg shape that I was so into when I got it, just takes up too much room.  I also have no business purchasing any mask of this size.  I should be restricted to deluxe samples only.  

Second mask was the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Body Mask.  I picked this up after falling in love with the bar soap from the same line.  I use the bar soap to clean my brushes and love the scent.  This mask has that same beautiful scent and dries down a bit.  I used it on my chest/arms and still have a few uses left.  I'm trying to use it once a week and may end up switching to the egg as a body mask at some point. I honestly can't speak too much to the efficacy of this mask as I don't have many issues and its more of a fun/preventative measure. 

Third up was the Look at Me panda eye patches.  Under eye darkness is a huge concern of mine.  I recently had under eye filler and it helped 1000% so I kind of laid off these, but I've a few jars of different ones to use, so lets get at er.  Do they perform miracles?  No.  Are they fun and a bit moisturizing? Yeah. 

Fourth was the Mustus sheet mask.  This was a lovely mask, that I believe was sent to me by @lmaster ?  I found the material to be very forgiving to my lack of patience at laying a mask down perfectly.  It smooshed wonderfully and wore comfortably for a half hour at which point the remaining serum massaged in nicely and left no tack.  There wasn't a lot of extra serum in the packet and I'm okay with that, I used what was there on my decollate and much prefer that combined with the smaller packet shape. 

Might try to get in some hand and foot masks this week now that I'm having fun with it again!

I missed you all!  Will see how BIC holds up today/tonight and get some reading done!

Hahaha I feel you on the egg awkwardness and taking space on my carousel @missjeanie. And about not wanting to waste. I need to start using mine more regularly. Hoping BIC lets you add pics soon.

Either @eshoe or myself could of sent it @missjeanie I know she sent me one in the past, but I also have purchased a few myself, happy to see you were able to make Bic work ๐Ÿ˜Š

The Mustus masks are so good, aren't they @missjeanie? Good to see you!! 

@missjeanie  Sounds like some nice multi-masking! I loved that Mustus mask! I'll eventually be ordering more from the line! ๐Ÿ‘

@missjeanie  Whenever I see that egg in a store, I have to stop myself from buying it. I've never tried it and, based on your feedback, probably never will. But it's one of those rare "sucker for packaging" things for me. Sorry it's not doing much for you. Hope you're able to use it all up! I know what you mean about not wanting to waste things. 

Also hope for resolution of BIC's server issue(s) soon! Some days I go through threads and heart posts/comments, but don't/can't reply to them til days later when BIC's cooperating with me. Glad to see you back! 

@WinglessOne  I find the Peter Thoms Roth firmX peeling gel to be more effective than the Holika Holika egg. The egg has almost 5 ounces in it and itโ€™s a thinner consistency than the PTR so you use way less of it, but at this point it just takes up too much room for something that is landing in a โ€˜well it didnโ€™t hurt but it didnโ€™t do muchโ€™ pile. 
And yes with BIC of late... my gosh. I donโ€™t have the patience lol, Iโ€™m trying once or twice a day and giving up pretty quick when itโ€™s not playing nice. 

BE4C3C28-E818-4EAA-817F-FE71589170D1.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Mobile worked!! 

@missjeanie  Ooooh, it is working a bit better it seems. The Mustus mask sounds really nice. Oh my goodness, I would love to get under eye filler. I think that's the only thing that could ever improve my dark circles. 

@PrettyPaint I've tried so many things for my dark circles.  Creams, prescriptions, concealers and colour correctors... nothing ever really worked, and they needed so much concealer and corrector that it always looked obvious.  It's lovely genetics lol.  The filler has helped a lot.  They're still dark, but they're so much more manageable!  I've already pre paid during a sale for my next filler session (they said 6 months to a year).  I may try PRP at some point as well.  I'm all about it now seeing how good the filler worked. 

I'm sorry that I'm so slow to reply @missjeanie. I'm so intrigued by this. Is PRP platelet-rich plasma? Let me know if you give it a try. No corrector or concealer totally works for me, so I wonder if filler would save money in the long run. I feel like I'm constantly trying each and every product that comes out...haha.

Yes, @PrettyPaint That's the PRP they were suggesting to me.  I'll likely try it at some point, but I still have another filler pre paid so I'll likely go with that at least once more before switching.  They told me they like to try the filler first, that not everyone needs the PRP.  No concealer or corrector had ever worked for me before either.  I also had hollows under my eyes so the filler kind of smoothed things out as well as helping with the discolouration.  I paid about 250$ Canadian with a sale they were running, and in my opinion it's wroth it.  I feel like I tried every concealer under the sun and was always hoping for more.  Concealer frankly just wasn't cutting it and I doubt that any new one ever would.  This is supposed to last between 6 months and a year.  To me, it's worth it to feel better about myself and more confidant.  Now I still use concealer, because it's not like I'm a whole new face, but it's remarkable the difference in my eyes.  My SO/person in my life says they don't really notice a big difference but he also said that he didn't think they were so bad in the first place (it's always us were trying to please no?). I feel like now if I wear a medium to full coverage foundation I could likelkly get away with no concealer, with my usual tinted moisturizer or tinted SPF, I still need it.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask anytime!

Guess photos aren't allowed on BIC for me today ?

Hope they are now, @missjeanie! Sorry to hear youโ€™ve been having so many issues posting๐Ÿคจ

eta ok I just scrolled up (Iโ€™m going backwards) and see you are able to post now, yay!

And Bic is loading wayyyy better today than the other day too @eshoe !  I end up frustrated and give up quite easily when things don't load lol. 

Me too, @missjeanie - me too๐Ÿ™ Itโ€™s much better today, though!

Today feels like a BIC miracle @eshoe lol

1 Reply
testing