Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I will admit @quspork I didn't think that would happen ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I had high hopes

@lmaster  Too bad this one stripped your skin! A lot of bubble masks do that to me. Tasting it doesn't sound delightful either! ๐Ÿคข

I was so hopeful too @Shosh85 after I felt how soft my skin was,, then it turned extremely dry ๐Ÿ˜ญ why oh why

Oh goodness, stripped skin is definitely NOT what I want from a sheet mask, @lmaster! Bummer because the scent sounds really interesting.

I am having trouble responding to tags, but I read your reply and the Biossance rose mask is no longer here, I just noticed that! I see it still on the brand's site, but it makes me a little concerned. Hopefully it won't be discontinued anytime soon.

@eshoe that's my luck,,, it'll get discontinued ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

W is for Watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ 

DFE05799-0BDF-4874-9399-6F8B2C8280F9.jpeg

Spoiler

A'pieu Watermelon Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask

This is a super thin and transparent cotton sheet mask that was soaking with serum and had a yummy watermelon scent. It didn't smell like fresh watermelon, more like a sweet/candy type of scent - pretty comparable to the GR Watermelon Mask. It had a good fit - just a little big around the forehead and the mouth and eye holes were a little too small. I took it off after about a half hour. When I removed it there was still some slightly tacky serum on my face, but it absorbed fairly fast. My face looked less dull and slightly brighter, my skin felt soft and smooth and stayed hydrated for quite sometime. Even though I'd prefer the sodium hyaluronate to be higher up in the list, I really enjoyed it and would definitely repurchase! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‰

C5612833-11E9-4D68-86F3-E2BE9AD63153.jpeg

I love the packaging on these masks @Shosh85! So refreshing and fun! There's a lot of great ingredients in this one, too! I've been really impressed with A'Pieu's mask line up. So happy this one is repurchase-worthy! ๐Ÿ‰โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  I agree, both the packaging and the masks themselves are pretty great! There's not one mask from this line I don't like!

@Shosh85 this line is great! So glad you enjoy it too

@lmaster  All the masks from this line really are great! Glad you think so too! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

Who can pass up a yummy watermelon scented mask this time of year?? Glad you enjoyed it, @Shosh85๐Ÿค—

@quspork  Right? Watermelon is good no matter what time of year, but seems especially refreshing in the summertime! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ˜‹

Oooooh this one sounds so refreshing, @Shosh85! I loved that GR sheet mask, too. I have this one on the way from Missha, it's the first order I've ever placed with them. Hoping it doesn't take too long as I'm pretty excited to try it now ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the review! 

@eshoe  I actually meant the Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask.... i totally forgot about the sheet mask, but that works too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I haven't placed an order with Missha yet but I plan on it eventually! I know @Weetart has ordered from them before, maybe she can give us some insight ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ah, thank you @Shosh85. I was so disappointed that the sheet mask was discontinued-it was really  enjoyable!

I was very excited for this theme and I had some letters that also matched up too - win win!

Despite doing some pore care on Monday, my face felt like it needed some extra attention. In comes the no:hj Pore Bubble Mask I grabbed out of the Mask on the Moves box

20200721_105646.jpg20200721_105653.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
First appliedFirst appliedBubbles!Bubbles!Rubbing in around the chin, creating more bubblesRubbing in around the chin, creating more bubbles
The mask had a citrus like morning scent when applying but didn't linger. It bubbled better in some places than others. When I massaged it in it had almost a shaving cream type of layer. My face felt fresh after use. I'm not sure how much pore help but my face did seem clean which was good. I did appreciate that the bubbles were contained and didn't get in my nose, mouth or eyes. I'm not a super big fan of bubbles in masks or cleansers but this one was pleasant. A-

Next up I selected a Dr. Jart - the Soothing Hydra Solution Mask which was a gift from @missjeanie 

20200722_110624.jpg20200722_110630.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200722_114828.jpg
The mask had a very medicinal, menthol scent which stayed present during wear. It had a decent fit though mouth was odd but it was easily smooshable and had a nice thin material. I wore it during work (that's normal with the working from home situation, right?) so time slipped by, ~25 minutes. My skin looked nice. The scent was too much for me so I was not even tempted to use extra serum in package. Dr. Jart is a brand I feel has good intent with their products and I want to like but it never pans out as expected for me. It was not bad but a bummer - fit and results were nice but the scent really caused a damper on the experience. B

For another interesting mask I grabbed the Melting Sugar - rose gummy bear sent to me by the lovely @lmaster 

20200723_094015.jpg20200723_094021.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200723_095411.jpg
The mask had a medium rose scent. The specks didn't burst or blend like expected and I felt some just came off on my fingers. There was lots of product for my face and neck. During wear it dried down some. It was a bit difficult to remove, kinda reminded me of ....why can't I think of the product that also felt like it was a layer of gel to wash off. My face felt tight or maybe firm out of shower but after a few minutes felt soft. It didn't seem moisturized enough that I was confident to skip moisturizer. My face looked good and it was nice to try this unique mask. B+

I did a combo of another Dr. Jart - Cheek & Eye Lift from @missjeanie and a blue lip mask from @keana1. I think both of these are different, Dr. Jart with its interesting shape and the blue lip mask cause well it's a blue lip mask!

20200724_100956.jpg20200724_101002.jpg20200724_101018.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200724_103139.jpg
The lip mask didn't have any directions or ingredients so I didn't know what to except. Fun mystery. It had a mint smell/flavor. While wearing it also had the lip sensation of mint, not quite a tingle but something. It was very big but stuck on well. I wore it 30 minutes and my lips seemed smooth and hydrated. This is a type of product that is so fun to try out but I'm not sure if I'd purchase. B+

This is the 2nd time I've used this Dr. Jart mask. I like the bigger size and that it covers the cheeks. I didn't feel the dots as much as last time while wearing. It had a nice cooling sensation. I wore it for 1 hour - way longer than recommended but I still felt some cooling. It helps some with fine lines but Skyn eye gels are more effective in my experience. Still good, A-

Hey @ShortErica , and everyone.... I haven't been on here much... BIC seems to be giving me the gears with loading pages.  I did need to say that I do really enjoy the Dr. Jart under eye mask, like you I like the size, I'm going to need to do a comparison between it and the Skyn eye gels now!  Hope everyone's doing well!

I should have done a duel @missjeanie. Let us know when you try both again and your thoughts. You aren't alone in the BIC frustration. It was really slow, seemed to improve some I want to say maybe Saturday for me, but wasn't perfect, and now is slow again with loading. Hopefully it is fixed soon!

So many good masks here, @ShortErica! That Dr. Jart + is nice, the shape is just right and it adheres nicely. 

It really does! I haven't seen any other masks that shape before @eshoe. It seems such a logical way to extend an eye mask.

Agreed, @ShortErica - wish there were more like it! TCFS has one, or Tony Moly- not sure. I have it but havenโ€™t tried it yet. Maybe I will pull it out this week to compare!

1 Reply
testing