Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

If you havenโ€™t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Most Innovative Mask - the latest tech + beauty ideas to try in 2021 (please let me know who to credit if you know, for this new theme!)

Letter of the Week:  E

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Weird theme - another bubble mask..in sheet mask form. Fit?Almost perfect, it started bubbling as soon as oxygen hit the packaging so i had to work fast. i did have some trouble with the nose flap. it got tucked underneath & then when I finally got it down- half covered a nostril.๐Ÿ˜’ Bubbles up your nose is a bit annoying so I had to adjust again.. Smell? Roses. Real rose scent but it not listed. Lavender is & that is what I was hoping it would smell like. But this was a more than pleasant scent for me ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒน Consistency?It did bubble underneath & on the mask itself to the point I was worried it would slid off. I left it on for about 18 min..by then the bubbles had done there thing but still were hanging out ๐Ÿค— Ease of use? I remained still but sitting for this one. i was able to walk around but I didn't talk. i didn't want to risk getting bubbles in my mouth๐Ÿ˜ I did get some bubbles in my hair so on a messy scale from 1-5..1 being not messy & 5 being holy bubbles everywhere. I would give this a 3. Would I  purchase/try again?My skin & pores did look & feel cleaner. If it exfoliated, it was gentle. i added this on with a direct order and I would again. Would happily buy a box if I saw it at TJ or M. {in fact. that would be great. A single mask costs $4.} ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ the mask performed well.

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@sonnydee ohhhh this one sounds really good!! Does it happen to have witch hazel??

0727202201.jpg

โ€ƒNope, no witch hazel. @lmaster 

Awesome!! @sonnydee thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š going on the list ๐Ÿ˜‰

This one sounds fun, @sonnydee, even the scent ๐Ÿ˜„ So much better when you can find a box of five for about the same price as one, though, isn't it?

Exactly@eshoe.   & I remind myself that & it helps curb some of my spending & shopping for sheet masks. Most of the time๐Ÿ˜

@sonnydee  Bubble masks can be a lot of fun, as long as you don't get any in your eyes or mouth! Probably a good decision to keep your mouth closed ๐Ÿ˜‚ Happy to hear this one performed well!

No talking with this one @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ™Š

TJ Maxx boxes are so the way to buy masks @sonnydee! Hope it pops up there for you.

Me too. If not I'll just add 1 in my direct TCS orders @ShortErica to hit the free shipping mark ๐Ÿ˜‹

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

D is for Deep Purifying. I whipped out your Charcoal Face Mask. My skin felt nice and smooth after a good soak. Of course Iโ€™m not sure if I have found a lookatme mask that I havenโ€™t liked. Really a lovely mask. Light lemony slight fruit scent. Comfortable but a bit short in the forehead, not a dealbreaker.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart  I'm not a big fan of charcoal masks because of my skin type, but I thought this one was great! Happy to hear you've been enjoying the line! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Happy you enjoyed this one, @Weetart-it really is a nice charcoal mask:)

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

D is for Dewy Skin Mask. I love this sheet mask - one of my favourites. Makes my skin feel incredible - so plump and hydrated.

@ladyassassin  This one's on my list to try sometime! Happy to hear you love it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ahhhh this is on my to-do list, @ladyassassin! Curious if youโ€™ve tried both, and if so, you have a favorite๐Ÿค”

@eshoe Tatcha's other mask? Hmm, I have not. I will have to look into it though! See which one I like better!

The Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask 4 x 0.68 oz/ 20 mL masks is the other one that I know of, @ladyassassin. I donโ€™t see it in a single here, unfortunately! The brand has it, though, and at $25 itโ€™s quite a splurge for a single use mask๐Ÿ˜ณ 

@ladyassassin  This is my fav too!

W = watermelon. Tonightโ€™s mask was the new Sephora Clean Watermelon Face Mask. 

I wish I could remember how I felt about the original "dirty" version of this mask, for comparison.I wish I could remember how I felt about the original "dirty" version of this mask, for comparison.

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Hydrates, plumps, and tones skin. 

Ingredients: As with most Sephora sheet masks, this oneโ€™s star ingredient is near the end of the ingredients list. But rice ferment has high placement, so this mask should provide some brightening. And the amino acids found in sake should help to smooth skin texture and provide hydration. 

Spoiler
Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Lecithin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Polyacrylate, Sorbitan Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate 

Performance: This thin, meshy, eucalyptus fiber mask contained almost all the clear runny gel serum available in the sleeve. Like the grapefruit mask, this one didnโ€™t cover as much of my jaw as Iโ€™d like. I did lots of eyehole tailoring, widening the holes at both corners and the top, mostly to keep the sheet from drooping down into my upper lash line and getting serum in my eyes. I also shortened the nose, widened the mouth hole, and shortened the philtrum to keep it off my cupidโ€™s bow. Iโ€™ll have to remember to make all these cuts on each of the Sephora Clean masks I boughtโ€”preferably before I put them on my face. 

There wasnโ€™t much of a watermelon scentโ€ฆ more like a very light watermelon scent thatโ€™s quickly lost in a rather prominent scent of sea shore candle buried in powdered laundry detergent. The sheet was comfy and cooling. This mask is meant to be worn for 5 minutes but I went a total of 35, then spent a couple minutes massaging and pressing in residual serum. I had no pilling and some mild tackiness. 

Results: Nicely hydrated and brightened skin, with a bit of bounciness. The maskโ€™s fragrance clung to my skin after I applied moisturizer; I canโ€™t smell it much right now, but I still hope it completely disappears overnight. I keep picking on the scent but I donโ€™t hate itโ€ฆ eh, itโ€™s just not at all what I expected from a watermelon mask, and itโ€™s not my favorite skincare scent in general. 

If this mask didnโ€™t have this โ€œhey, thatโ€™s not watermelonโ€ fragrance and Sephora lowered the price of singles (or offered a value-priced pack of 5 or 10), Iโ€™d consider buying more of this one. $5.50 USD seems a bit high for whatโ€™s mostly a hydrating rice ferment mask. My superstar hydrating mask (Abib Mild Acidic pH Heartleaf) costs $4 per individual sheet, and the box of 5 LuLuLun Premium Kyoto Geisha masks (which contains sake lees) works out to $4.60/mask, soโ€ฆ Iโ€™m just sayinโ€™. 

@WinglessOne  I was having trouble pinpointing the scent on this one and your description was spot on! ๐Ÿ‘Œ I was pleased with the results as well, but it's hard to get past that scent. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

1 Reply