Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@haleyvvvv That sounds interesting, I can't wait to hear!

Yes- love how hydrating and soothing this one is, @haleyvvvv!

So soothing!! Definitely becoming a favorite, @quspork!!

Oh yay @haleyvvvv! Now I'm thinking @Samtian got a fit dud which stinks. Sometimes if a mask is wet after wearing I'll rub it all over my body to savor the serum. I feel like I should credit multiple people for that tip/trick but I definitely remember @heartsmyface using masks creatively.

Whenever it is a bad fit, but an excellent mask, I always wish it was sold as a serum. Just bottle up the package fluid, lol, its already being made. That is such a good tip, @ShortErica!! I used all the packet serum on my body before, but the mask was only damp, not wet. Good to note for the future ๐Ÿ™‚

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Ooooh this one sounds awesome @haleyvvvv

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart Definitely recommend!!, as long as you don't mind lip flats. But also would buy this serum if they made it. I have serum shots that look similar ish ingredients wise, so will see if they work as well.

D for Dewytree. I thought the scent was stronger in this one ๐Ÿค” must be another tea tree I have. Either way its a nice one if you can handle tea tree scent or something close to it. Its not as potent as tt is...I havent tried this one in a while so after remembering i had it- I made a point to use it tonight since I'm more of a seasoned maskerโ˜บ hahaha. Just don't ask me about scents.

Fit?ok, the material is so thin that you can easily maneuver it around for a almost perfect fit

Smell?tea tree like but I think some of the flowers are coming through in this one- it had me actually looking to see if peppermint was in it, its not that I could see. But it had a sweetness to it...

Consistency?thin, clear, generous amount after leaving it on for 25 min. I could easily left it on longer but I got impatient

Ease of use?no issues with multi tasking but the under nose piece kept falling on my lip but I was talking - ๐Ÿ˜

Would I  purchase/try again? Ive been very pleased with the dewytree line & i would hoard lavender especially. Might have to use 1 of those this week even if I am low...๐Ÿ˜’

Solid ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

0723202238a_HDR.jpg

โ€ƒ

@sonnydee  Good to hear! I really enjoy tea tree scent!!! 

@sonnydee  I've been pleased with the brand as well! I'm glad this one worked out for you! Did it help with "calming?"

it did help "calm" my face/blemishes as well as my nerves...

it did help "calm" my face/blemishes as well as my nerves ๐Ÿ˜ @Shosh85 but I do treat my masking as a lil spa- like treat at the end of the day.

@sonnydee I need to find more of these, the different ones sound good

This sounds like a nice one, @sonnydee! Dewytree has some solid masks!

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

D is for Detox. Biobelle. Watermelon delicious. It says Watermelon Extract & Centella Aistatica. I do love watermelon. I love how silly the watermelon design makes me look terrifying.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart  Such an awesome print!!!

@Weetart  Haha! You look awesome! ๐Ÿ‰ The watermelon face and scent definitely make this one fun and entertaining! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have this one & haven't tried it yet. Does it smell like watermelon? I think it may be a cute one that even teeni would want to use (she likes the ones that smell good) @Weetart ๐Ÿ‰

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

It does! Smells delightfully watermelony! @sonnydee

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Great! Thank you for letting me know.๐Ÿ‰ @Weetart ๐Ÿค—

Hello masking mavens! I just noticed some new masks from the Sephora Collection Clean line have been added online. ๐Ÿ˜ I can't seem to tag the products at the moment, but left links below.

• Hand masks are available in pineapple and cucumber
  • Foot masks are available in coconut and cactus
  • Hair sleeping masks are available in mango butter, aloe, and grapefruit

https://www.sephora.com/product/sephora-collection-clean-hand-mask-P461521?country_switch=us&lang=en...

https://www.sephora.com/product/sephora-collection-clean-foot-mask-P461520

https://www.sephora.com/product/sephora-collection-clean-hair-sleeping-mask-P461523?icid2=you%20may%...

@itsfi  Thanks for the update lovely!!! I definitely need to try the new foot masks!!! 

testing