Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@ather, would love to know your thoughts on the foot masks after you have a chance to try them. Maybe the mister will be up for joining you! 

The foot masks have been one of my favorites from the original Sephora Collection mask lineup; Iโ€™m interested to see how these new clean ones compare.

@itsfi  I will definitely let you know!! We did a peeling foot mask on Tuesday and Saturday we did a moisturizing one. Iโ€™m going to the city today so I might try and pop in a Sephora and see if they have any!! We both enjoyed the old Sephora ones so Iโ€™m excited to try the clean version!! 

@itsfi  Have you bought any of f these? I'm having trouble deciding which ones to get first ..... I'm thinking the pineapple hand mask and the coconut foot mask- it'll be like a pina colada ๐Ÿน๐Ÿฅฅ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, pina colada sounds like a fabulous combo and a great way to mix and match masks from the clean line. I ordered some of these masks after posting about them, so they should be here sometime this week. 

@Shosh85  I like your idea!!! I think I need to order them and try it ASAP!! 

And those feet mask just got added to my to get list @itsfi thank you for sharing

Yay! The new masks are motivation for me to use up the hand and foot masks I have in my stash @sonnydee. I also notice the clean line has a new charcoal nose strip. I canโ€™t seem to tag it yet.

0723201217.jpg

0723201225.jpg

โ€ƒโ€ƒD for Dud?, Different & Discontinued. And it fits the weird theme, for me at least, because if you follow the directions you Dont shake the bottle but use a qtip to get to the pink sediment that forms on the bottom..๐Ÿ˜ณthats different. I used it last night, you spot treatment with the pink goo & leave it on overnight. It turns clear as it dries which is a pro & con- you cant see it -you dont see it to wash it all off. Lucky me ๐Ÿ˜’ i had a couple if different spots to use it on- lil white head, a patch of texture, a under the skin zit, etc. The only difference that i saw this morning was the patch of texture, it looked less angry & dried out. It does have a scent to it, i found it to be refreshing. Only the slightest hint if sulfur. So we shall see if this is a replacement for my loved but Discontinued I dew care spot treatment.....oh, I emptied out the foil into a glass bottle that's why you see the yttp jar.๐Ÿ˜

@sonnydee  It really is a bummer when something you love gets discontinued! I hope this one ends up being a good replacement! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿคž

@sonnydee sounds very interesting, please keep us posted

Will do @lmaster 

Very nice putting your sample in a bottle @sonnydee - so smart! Hopefully it works and can replace your discontinued love. Good luck!

I'll always like to keep lil bottles around, especially glass ones, for this very reason @ShortErica also keep smaller jars of HGs to refill for travel from my bigger jars. ๐Ÿค—it saves me money & space

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I've been keeping my skincare routine much more safe lately. I dug out the Ole Henriksen PHAT mask, it's not weird BUT it changes from pink to white as you rub it in. unimpressed face brought to gou by losing my grandmother's birthday present

@Nickelliebear1  I've heard good things about this mask! How are you liking it?

So sorry about your grandmothers present! ๐Ÿ˜ข

How tingly is the PHAT mask, @Nickelliebear1? Have you used the Herbivore Prism or DE babyfacial and how does it compare?

@haleyvvvv I haven't used either (even though I keep trying to figure out a loophole to get DE to this side of the border).  Normally PHAT is a barely noticable warming sensation for me- yesterday it was a little bit more noticable. 

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

D is for Disco!! Honestly this mask works for the letter and theme. Itโ€™s Too Faced Glow Job. Itโ€™s a peel off with so much glitter I looked awesome with it on. Couldnโ€™t get a good image, but the container will have to do. I love peel offs my skin always looks so much better and brighter. I think I got this in a sub box from somewhere. Looove it: smells like artificial fruit imor berries. It was a blast to use. Sooooo much glitter my hands are still sparkling.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart  Glad you loved this one! It definitely looks pretty! Was your face glittery after removing the mask?

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

So sparkly, @Weetart!! That seems like it would be fun to use. Similar energy to the GLAMGLOW GLAMGLOW X MY LITTLE PONY #GLITTERMASK GRAVITYMUDโ„ข Firming Treatment Mask Purple Glitter ones.

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I was wondering about that one. I was tempted but I never caught it on sale or as an ispy addon @haleyvvvv
1 Reply
testing