Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Time to reset and begin again. The 2021 Challenge is finally here! 

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Rinse-off masks & peels (physical or chemical) that soften your face & body. Much gratitude to @keana1 for this new challenge!

Letter of the Week:  E

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@lmaster, you might be interested in Biossance Radiantly Rose Duo - it has travel sizes of the squalane + vitamin C rose oil and their squalane + rose lip balm (which is moisturizing and smells good!) ๐ŸŒน 

@itsfi ohhhhh looks great!!

Itโ€™s a great duo @lmaster. I had a full size of the lip balm already but also picked up this set, to try the vitamin C rose oil.

A gel + water serum hybrid sounds so good @eshoe!

Itโ€™s really lovely, @ShortErica. Weird and lovely โ˜บ๏ธ

D is for Dermalogica Dermalogica Blackhead Clearing Fizz Mask

It fizzes/bubbles which fits the theme!

20200722_003810.jpg

Spoiler
IMG_20200722_143958.jpg

Oh this mask is weird. It starts with these little bubbles (left) when it makes contact with the skin and tingles a bit. Then it starts to really bubble up (top right) and tickles. Then this dissipates and it all falls flat almost (bottom right). It says to leave on 3-5 minutes. I think this was closer to 5 minutes wear time this time.
I tried this because of the theme this week, but also because my skin/pores have been feeling really congested (maskne, bad adherence to nighttime routine, etc). My partner and i each tired it a few times before, but I don't think we left it on long enough, I didnโ€™t want it to cause any irritation. Leaving it on for longer definitely was better, and I had no irritation.
This has a sulfur scent (its up there on the ingredient list), but isn't too overpowering.
My skin definitely looked better after, and this morning, but I followed up with the Pharmacy salicylic acid toner and inky list retinol. I think it definitely helped clear my pores a bit, but maybe with more uses would really get in to the more congested ones.
B for now. Will keep testing.

Last week's

Feet mask, from the Sephora Collection for Calming SEPHORA COLLECTION Foot Mask Lavender 

20200722_112327.jpg

Spoiler
Or at least, calming for me. Last week, I had to trek out to the FedEx by the airport to pick up a work package. I thought it would be relatively easy to get to with transit, but alas, they're always so far away from the actual airport. So I ended up walking around fields for a while and my feet were killing me.
20200715_150747.jpg

That night I put on the lovely SC feet mask overnight to calm and soothe my red angry feet. I usually wear them after wondering around convention centres for work conferences so only wear them for 30 min to an hour. Last week, though, I wore them overnight. Luckily no cut off for circulation and no falling off. There was still serum left to be rubbed into my feet the next morning. My feet felt SO nice and relaxed. I generally do not recommend to leave it on overnight. I have smaller feet and I didnt tape it too tight, so it was roomy but this might not work for everyone.
I'm a little sad these are being discontinued (they're already gone from the Canada site, it looks like), but I'll try the new clean ones when is available.

I've been using the whish foot mask once a week overnight to exfoliate and it is lovely especially when going to get a pedicure is impossible. But just thought I'd highlight for feet mask week.

That mask would be a good one for those just getting into...

That mask would be a good one for those just getting into bubble masks. there's some out there that bubbles get a bit out of control & I end up having to get them out of my eyes ๐Ÿ˜’ @haleyvvvv hopefully the new feet masks are just as good

Re: That mask would be a good one for those just getting into...

Oh no, @sonnydee!! Getting in the eyes sounds unfortunate. Will be looking to avoid those.

@haleyvvvv  Love the pictures ๐Ÿ˜ƒ - bubble masks are definitely entertaining! Glad it could help make your skin look a little better! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you, @Shosh85!! 

@haleyvvvv well that is a gorgeous photo! Sorry it was the cause of so much pain, though - ugh! Happy you had the foot mask, and used it when you needed it. Hope your feet are recovering nicely today ๐Ÿ™‚

Beautiful, but dangerous, since I was walking in a bike path on the road. I'm definitely a city gal. My feet felt much better after the mask, thank you, @eshoe!!

Yeah I can totally relate, @haleyvvvv! You certainly made lemonade out of lemons there, by sharing this pic:)

@haleyvvvv thanks for the step by step with pictures! Very interesting mask.

Thank you, @ShortErica!! It is an interesting mask, lol.

@haleyvvvv I love the whish mask too

@lmaster Definitely a good find from FFF, although I wish it had less of an intense scent. Still really like the ease and results.

@haleyvvvv I'm curious to read more of your thoughts once you try the Dermalogica Blackhead Clearing Fizz Mask more!

I'm going to try to use it more regularly to see if that helps. It says to be used 2-3x a week, but i was hoping it could be more ad hoc, @greeneyedgirl107.

I'd describe this more as creepy than weird, but weird works too ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

04DA2A3E-DC1C-4A89-AF39-A8B318FB7786.jpeg

Spoiler

Holika Holika Milky Strawberry Jelly Sheet Mask

This is a thin, meshy cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a clear jelly serum and had a creepy character design on it. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅด There wasn't a discernible scent just a typical sheet mask kind of smell. The fit was a little wonky - too long at the forehead and chin, the eye holes were just a bit too small and the mouth part didn't line up right so the strip between the nose and lip kept getting into my mouth - so I just chopped it off. The adherence was ok, except for the chin that didn't seem to want to stay put. I kept the mask on for about a half hour. There was some light tackiness after removing that absorbed in less than 10 minutes. My face looked a little brighter/less dull and my skin felt moisturized and had a nice glow.

I really enjoyed the results from this one and love the jelly serum. I'd use this one again but probably wouldn't repurchase because it just wasn't the most comfortable mask to wear and the results were good, but nothing super amazing.

6E54BB39-8E17-40FF-8B3A-6F202C99F45F.jpeg

Iโ€™ve wondered about this mask @Shosh85! Strawberry jelly sounds wonderful, of course, and I was curious about the design on the mask; now I know. It is a bit creepy, though the cocoon mask you used is hard to top - that was your first mask on the first mask thread, right?!! 

Conversation Stats
Photos1,368
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg