Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@haleyvvvv I haven't used either (even though I keep trying to figure out a loophole to get DE to this side of the border).  Normally PHAT is a barely noticable warming sensation for me- yesterday it was a little bit more noticable. 

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

D is for Disco!! Honestly this mask works for the letter and theme. Itโ€™s Too Faced Glow Job. Itโ€™s a peel off with so much glitter I looked awesome with it on. Couldnโ€™t get a good image, but the container will have to do. I love peel offs my skin always looks so much better and brighter. I think I got this in a sub box from somewhere. Looove it: smells like artificial fruit imor berries. It was a blast to use. Sooooo much glitter my hands are still sparkling.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart  Glad you loved this one! It definitely looks pretty! Was your face glittery after removing the mask?

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

So sparkly, @Weetart!! That seems like it would be fun to use. Similar energy to the GLAMGLOW GLAMGLOW X MY LITTLE PONY #GLITTERMASK GRAVITYMUDโ„ข Firming Treatment Mask Purple Glitter ones.

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I was wondering about that one. I was tempted but I never caught it on sale or as an ispy addon @haleyvvvv

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

The regular one is much better, @Weetart. I got the purple one half off, and it was definitely pretty and fun but not worth it for the effects.

Last night's masking with a favorite and a newbie:

banilla.jpg

Spoiler
The Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Mask is one of my favorite masks to use. It has an almost fruity-rose scent, noticeable but fresh and not at all overwhelming. I often leave this on close to an hour, just to enjoy the scent. No irritation or fuss, just an easy, enjoyable mask. for Will be a repurchase ๐Ÿ™‚

The Banilla Water + Water Dear Hydration mask appealed to me as I needed a nighttime mask that soothed my AM dermaplaned skin. Removing it from the packet, I noticed a couple of things right off the bat. One, the serum was like a jelly/watery hybrid; not quite a gel, but not so watery that it dripped everywhere. I like! There was enough extra to pat down my cheeks and forehead. The second thing I noticed was the scent. Dirty mint? It kind of reminded me of the Origins Mushroom Treatment Lotion at times, and at others, of a peppermint candy cane. It was truly unusual, and I didn't mind it at all. The fit was good. It was a little oversize on the sides, and the eyes a bit small, but the slits around that area made it possible to just widen it without snipping; very nice. I left it on until it just started to dry, maybe 30-35 minutes. 

After removing, I was very pleased to find only minimal tackiness. My skin felt hydrated and happy! This was an interesting mask and one I will use again. 

Ingredients: 
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Betaine, Hydroxyacetophenone, Panthenol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Tromethamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, 1,2-Hexanediol, Fragrance(Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Caffeine, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Bambusa Arundinacea Juice, Yeast Extract, Azadirachta Indica Leaf Extract, Mentha Arvensis Extract, Pinus Sylvestris Bud Extract.

@eshoe  Glad you loved the sheet mask! The serum definitely sounds great and that scent sounds interesting! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Blind-buys are such a hit or miss, @Shosh85 - this is one Iโ€™m glad I bought a second of:)

@eshoe I still need to try the biossance!

Ahhh I figured you would have already, @lmaster - itโ€™s so good. And not overpowering ๐ŸŒน!

@eshoe and now I'm not finding it online at Sephora ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@lmaster, you might be interested in Biossance Radiantly Rose Duo - it has travel sizes of the squalane + vitamin C rose oil and their squalane + rose lip balm (which is moisturizing and smells good!) ๐ŸŒน 

@itsfi ohhhhh looks great!!

Itโ€™s a great duo @lmaster. I had a full size of the lip balm already but also picked up this set, to try the vitamin C rose oil.

A gel + water serum hybrid sounds so good @eshoe!

Itโ€™s really lovely, @ShortErica. Weird and lovely โ˜บ๏ธ

D is for Dermalogica Dermalogica Blackhead Clearing Fizz Mask

It fizzes/bubbles which fits the theme!

20200722_003810.jpg

Spoiler
IMG_20200722_143958.jpg

Oh this mask is weird. It starts with these little bubbles (left) when it makes contact with the skin and tingles a bit. Then it starts to really bubble up (top right) and tickles. Then this dissipates and it all falls flat almost (bottom right). It says to leave on 3-5 minutes. I think this was closer to 5 minutes wear time this time.
I tried this because of the theme this week, but also because my skin/pores have been feeling really congested (maskne, bad adherence to nighttime routine, etc). My partner and i each tired it a few times before, but I don't think we left it on long enough, I didnโ€™t want it to cause any irritation. Leaving it on for longer definitely was better, and I had no irritation.
This has a sulfur scent (its up there on the ingredient list), but isn't too overpowering.
My skin definitely looked better after, and this morning, but I followed up with the Pharmacy salicylic acid toner and inky list retinol. I think it definitely helped clear my pores a bit, but maybe with more uses would really get in to the more congested ones.
B for now. Will keep testing.

Last week's

Feet mask, from the Sephora Collection for Calming SEPHORA COLLECTION Foot Mask Lavender 

20200722_112327.jpg

Spoiler
Or at least, calming for me. Last week, I had to trek out to the FedEx by the airport to pick up a work package. I thought it would be relatively easy to get to with transit, but alas, they're always so far away from the actual airport. So I ended up walking around fields for a while and my feet were killing me.
20200715_150747.jpg

That night I put on the lovely SC feet mask overnight to calm and soothe my red angry feet. I usually wear them after wondering around convention centres for work conferences so only wear them for 30 min to an hour. Last week, though, I wore them overnight. Luckily no cut off for circulation and no falling off. There was still serum left to be rubbed into my feet the next morning. My feet felt SO nice and relaxed. I generally do not recommend to leave it on overnight. I have smaller feet and I didnt tape it too tight, so it was roomy but this might not work for everyone.
I'm a little sad these are being discontinued (they're already gone from the Canada site, it looks like), but I'll try the new clean ones when is available.

I've been using the whish foot mask once a week overnight to exfoliate and it is lovely especially when going to get a pedicure is impossible. But just thought I'd highlight for feet mask week.

That mask would be a good one for those just getting into...

That mask would be a good one for those just getting into bubble masks. there's some out there that bubbles get a bit out of control & I end up having to get them out of my eyes ๐Ÿ˜’ @haleyvvvv hopefully the new feet masks are just as good

Re: That mask would be a good one for those just getting into...

Oh no, @sonnydee!! Getting in the eyes sounds unfortunate. Will be looking to avoid those.

@haleyvvvv  Love the pictures ๐Ÿ˜ƒ - bubble masks are definitely entertaining! Glad it could help make your skin look a little better! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

5 Replies
testing