Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@lmaster @quspork My mom had some of these Little House on the Prairie dolls

I remember always playing with the little apples in the apronI remember always playing with the little apples in the apron

@ShortErica awwww those are so cool!! 

Those are amazing, @ShortErica. I love that little Laura even has a slate with her!

I like the theme @lmaster it reminds me of an old fashioned picture book.

@Weetart it does! Ohh the good ol days ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  Glad this turned out nice! Both the packaging and the mask are so pretty! 

@Shosh85 yes this one was really good and super cute! 

@lmaster This one looks nice.

@Samtian it was great! And so pretty too

Holy cow Sephora is going soooo slow for me! Here are my C week masks.

Started off with Brighten Up (the Creme Shop) from @Shosh85 

20200714_104123.jpg20200714_104130.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200714_105640.jpg
Thin material with a llama design. It came dripping out of the package. It had a decent fit. I didn't smell while wearing but package had light floral (like fresh floral vs. perfumy) notes to me. I wore a bit over 20 minutes and then used on neck. It had a small-medium tack. My skin was bright and even though not as bright as other brightening/radiance masks. It had tons of extra serum in the package. I liked the ingredients and fragrance was last. The tack was the annoying thing but otherwise good. B+

Another Creme Shop, Lighten Up from @missjeanie 

20200716_085256.jpg20200716_085304.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200716_091112.jpg
This was not dripping out of the package like Brighten Up. It also had a decent fit but it did pop up by my chin. Not much scent - when nose in package maybe tad fruity. I did a 25 min wear then on my neck. It absorbed quickly, had no tack, and my skin looked even and bright. I didn't see much redness. A-

I figured I'd wrap up with Cosmetea from @emaisgr8 

20200720_134222.jpg20200720_134228.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
Enjoying the BIC robeEnjoying the BIC robeClose upClose up
It was a very thin material and comfy. The smell wasn't much, light maybe the green tea. I couldn't detect lots of witch hazel or tea tree which my nose gets picky about - a pleasant surprise from the first time I tried it when the smell seemed more prominent. It was short on my forehead. I did a 30 min wear then on neck. It was still quite wet and the recommended wear time is 10-20. I wiped it on my chest and belly and legs. The serum took a while to absorb. There was maybe a slight tack but barely noticeable. The serum did get on lips and didn't taste good. My skin was shiny and looked even. There was a generous amount of extra serum in package that I used the next day on my face and neck. A-

Oh, that narwhal mask is too cute, @ShortErica!! Glad these were all good!!

It is fun to have a print vs. the plain white/clear sheet @haleyvvvv 

@ShortErica  I'm waiting to try mine because of the later expiration date, but I'm glad to hear the Bright Up Mask was decent! I love your lamb and narwhal faces! ๐Ÿค”โค๏ธ

Yep, gotta decide masks using the expiration date @Shosh85. I have a decent schedule for some of my masks but have 3 with no date listed and 25 in the first half of 2021 that I need to find a place for next. The animal faces are so fun to do!

@ShortErica  Nice! I have gotten through all my 2020 masks and only have a few that expire in the first half of 2021 that I'm working on.

Just curious, what are the brands of the ones with no date listed? Sometimes you can look it up.

@Shosh85 - here's the brand and mask names

H20+ BeautyOasis Water-Infused Hydrating Gel Mask
MuradHydro-Glow Aqua Peel
SooaeCactus Soothing Gel Mask

You look fabulous in your robe! @ShortErica 

Thank you @lmaster!

Mask 6.jpgMask 5.jpg

Sorry can't get them to rotate. Weird- This mask had a lip flap... needless to say it didn't even last on me for a minute. I couldn't handle the flap and it was such a weird shaped mask it wasn't large enough in the eye area and like two centimetres tall for the forehead area. I threw it away and just used the serum.

Sorry to hear the fit was so off for you, @Samtian. I don't blame you at all for moving on within a minute or two. There are just too many masks in the world to waste time on ones that don't bring us joy!

At least you were able to get some use out of the serum, @Samtian! I doubt I would have even thought of that after being so annoyed at the little flap๐Ÿ˜†

2 Replies
testing