Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Thank you, @ShortErica!! It is an interesting mask, lol.

@haleyvvvv I love the whish mask too

@lmaster Definitely a good find from FFF, although I wish it had less of an intense scent. Still really like the ease and results.

@haleyvvvv I'm curious to read more of your thoughts once you try the Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing Fizz Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL more!

I'm going to try to use it more regularly to see if that helps. It says to be used 2-3x a week, but i was hoping it could be more ad hoc, @greeneyedgirl107.

I'd describe this more as creepy than weird, but weird works too ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

04DA2A3E-DC1C-4A89-AF39-A8B318FB7786.jpeg

Spoiler

Holika Holika Milky Strawberry Jelly Sheet Mask

This is a thin, meshy cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a clear jelly serum and had a creepy character design on it. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅด There wasn't a discernible scent just a typical sheet mask kind of smell. The fit was a little wonky - too long at the forehead and chin, the eye holes were just a bit too small and the mouth part didn't line up right so the strip between the nose and lip kept getting into my mouth - so I just chopped it off. The adherence was ok, except for the chin that didn't seem to want to stay put. I kept the mask on for about a half hour. There was some light tackiness after removing that absorbed in less than 10 minutes. My face looked a little brighter/less dull and my skin felt moisturized and had a nice glow.

I really enjoyed the results from this one and love the jelly serum. I'd use this one again but probably wouldn't repurchase because it just wasn't the most comfortable mask to wear and the results were good, but nothing super amazing.

6E54BB39-8E17-40FF-8B3A-6F202C99F45F.jpeg

Iโ€™ve wondered about this mask @Shosh85! Strawberry jelly sounds wonderful, of course, and I was curious about the design on the mask; now I know. It is a bit creepy, though the cocoon mask you used is hard to top - that was your first mask on the first mask thread, right?!! 

Well that is probably one of the more unusual mask images I've seen, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜„ I don't know how you manage to find these. Even eye flaps. just wow! Lol thank you for sharing the photo (both of them, they are pretty entertaining!!).

@eshoe  Yup, "entertaining" is one word I'd use to describe this one! Haha! It was pretty good overall ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 no strawberry scent!! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@lmaster  Haha! Right? A non-scented mask is fine, but a strawberry scent definitely would've been great ๐Ÿ“

This is Wonderful @Shosh85 - thanks for sharing a picture of the sheet mask. A little better fit, a little more comfy and this one sounds like it would be a winner. Overall though sounds nice.

@ShortErica  The results were pretty good and it was definitely entertaining, so it's a win in my book ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Heh, I was thinking "I wonder how that character on the sleeve translates to a print on the sheet." Then I saw your selfie. ๐Ÿ˜‚Sounds like you got good results from it, though! 

@WinglessOne  Haha! It's definitely not a face I'd want to wake up too! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh gosh, @Shosh85!! That mask packaging looks like it would be like a delicious strawberry treat. I had hoped it would smell like strawberries, lol. Sorry it didn't fit well, but glad it had a nice effect!!

@haleyvvvv  Yeah, a strawberry scent would've been nice! I've learned to never get my hopes though ๐Ÿ˜‚

D is for "DewyTree" It was the Help me Snail; Help Mask Snail Vitalizing... Emphasis on Reslience! Intensely Firming! Snail for Skin Lacking Elasticity! 

Well snail masks always are welcome here in Weetarts land o' masks. My skin reallyl soaks it up and feels happy afterwards. It fit well enough I didn't have to do surgery on it; but for those don't know me I'm epicly lazy when it comes to that, I'd rather just stretch it a little or snip a slit and overlap than do real surgery. 

Can definitely feel the moisture. I'd be more than happy to have this sucker again. I think it came through motm. Cheers to whomever put it in the box.

IMG_0105.JPEGIMG_0106.JPEG

So happy to hear this brought your skin some much-needed love, @Weetart! Love the little snail, that would make the cutest enamel pin. 

@Weetart  I think I already have this one on my list because of someone else's review. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ Snail is pretty popular around here! ๐ŸŒ Glad to hear this was a good one for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It's always nice to find some new favorites from MOtM @Weetart - snail is nice!

11 Replies
testing