Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Sorry to hear the fit was so off for you, @Samtian. I don't blame you at all for moving on within a minute or two. There are just too many masks in the world to waste time on ones that don't bring us joy!

At least you were able to get some use out of the serum, @Samtian! I doubt I would have even thought of that after being so annoyed at the little flapπŸ˜†

@Samtian  I have only gotten a couple with mouth flaps, and I agree, they're kinda annoying. I usually just chop those off. I'm wondering if maybe it's supposed to moisturize/soothe the lips? Not sure I'd want serum on my lips though πŸ€” At least the serum didn't go to waste!

@Samtian that's so strange, a lip flap? At least you tried the serum out, did you like that at all?

@lmaster Haha yeah it was weird. The serum I didn't notice anything with it.

So weird @Samtian. I was gifted this from @eshoe a while ago and this is the mask that convinced me sheet masks could fit well. I don't remember a lip flap. I wonder if something changed. Sorry this wasn't good. 😞

@ShortErica Mine was gifted too. I probably got some messed up batch haha. Production error. 

Now I kinda want to find this mask to try again and see if there is a lip flap @Samtian. Strange indeed

@ShortErica @Samtian I just got this in an epic mask haul from PinknBlossam, so I will report back later this week regarding flaps, lol. But yeah, if there are lip flaps, I don't see it being a winner.

Edit

the picture on the package implies a lip flap, I think. Maybe it got updated and now includes one.

20200722_102543.jpg

Darn, I wasn't as diligent with note-taking when I started masking so I have no idea if there was one or not @haleyvvvv then and it has been updated. Hmm..maybe I'll have to go thread hunting

@Samtian @haleyvvvv  - it did have a lip flap! Must not have bothered me. I wrote that I enjoyed it was not highly fragranced and was very moisturizing. Also the fit looks pretty good. Wow memories! I feel like I was so inexperienced and then @eshoe extended an olive branch to this awesome community that I'm really addicted to now πŸ˜

Capture.PNG

Awww thank you, @ShortErica. I feel the same way though...so many others helped me along the way:)

@ShortErica That looks like a way better fit than mine was! Yep lip flap lol.

@ShortErica If it wasn't in the trash I'd take a picture of it lol.

Hahaha, yeah no digging in the trash @Samtian 

For "Weird" week, this one is purple {changes color to lighter }& bubbles. This was fun! Not sure how effective it is, but it was fun! It wasn't to messy but after adding water, it just got thicker & more foamy so I did ended up using a cloth to rinse off. Will have to use this more before I rate . Afterwards I used my Supermud as a spot treatment.  It's a love, will buy a full size some day when I kill all my deluxes & foils. 

0720202144.jpg

 

Definitely agree that that Glamglow instamud one is fun, @sonnydee!! Less sure about effects, but definitely fun.

@sonnydee It's probably related to some childhood trauma in a bubble bath but I feel like I'm suffocating when I use bubble masks. Noooooo thank you. Glad you enjoyed it though! More for everyone else is what I say.

@sonnydee  As far as bubble masks go, this is one of my favorites! Glad you enjoyed it! πŸ˜ƒ

That does sound fun @sonnydee and great for this week's theme. I pulled out a bubble mask as one of mine but color changing sounds even cooler.

@sonnydee I've never tried the bubbly glamglow, it does sound fun

7 Replies