Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: The Best Deal vs. The Beat Money Can Buy πŸ’Έ

Letter of the Week:  N

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@faeriegirl  Awe what a bummer! Sorry there was irritation with this one! I'm not a fan of floral/rose so this wasn't my favorite either. 

I love floral scents @Shosh85  but rose and lavender definitely do not love meπŸ˜‚

@faeriegirl  Oh no I’m sorry to hear it irritated your skin. Hopefully it’s not to bad!

It wasn’t too bad @ather, it went away after about 20 minutes.

Awwww that's sad to hear @faeriegirl 

It always makes me sad @lmaster  because I love rose scent☹️

Going with the foot mask theme because I've been excited to try these ever since @eshoe gifted them to me.

B3E51C17-8257-480D-81F4-F7DA9C9ED5A6.jpeg

Spoiler

Dr. Jart Dermask Foot Smoothing Mask

These are foil booties lined with a layer of meshy cotton inside. They had a light coating of a thick, creamy serum and a citrusy/shea butter kind of smell - the scent was super light though, and I could really only smell it by sticking my nose right in the bootie. They had a nice warming effect, that is, if you're sitting/lying down - if I started walking the warming effect disappeared. I guess it's not so bad it forces you relax πŸ˜‚The directions say to leave them on for 15-20 minutes-  I left them on for more like an hour, because it seemed the warming effect would never go away and I was enjoying how it felt. 😊When I did remove them, my feet felt so soft and smooth and nicely moisturized.

I'm normally not too big on foot/hand masks because I feel like moisturizer can do just as good of a job, but these had the added bonus of warmth, which definitely makes them a repurchase for me. πŸ˜ƒ

037041F9-28DA-4260-8D16-91397E4FC0AD.jpeg

Warming booties would definitely be nice once the cold weather hits, @Shosh85!

@quspork  This would love to have a bunch of these saved up for winter time! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I love this.  I will definitely try it.  Thank you for the information!

@tjffc  They are so great! I would definitely love to have a permanent backup stock of them! πŸ˜‚

Very interesting @Shosh85. Bet the warming would be really nice in the winter.

@ShortErica  These definitely would be perfect for winter time! πŸ‘Œ

Ahhh I’m so happy these warmed properly for you, @Shosh85! I was so impressed with this one, I went to buy another but it looks like it’s OOS now. I hope it comes back, though!

@eshoe  They you so much, they worked great! I thought it was kinda funny that the warming sensation only worked if I was sitting down πŸ˜‚ I'd love if these showed up at TJ Maxx!πŸ˜ƒ

YES, I found that so bizarre, @Shosh85! It was a bit of a mind-play trying to figure out why they only warmed when I was still. It was good in that it forced me to sit still for once. 🀞🏼 you find some there, I wouldn’t be surprised as I found a couple there just before shopping came to a haltπŸ˜‚

@Shosh85 sounds really nice! I need to use a moisturizing foot mask..

@lmaster  I loved them! I warming aspect is so nice! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Glad you enjoyed these!! My husband and I have been doing a weekly foot mask! I really enjoy some alone time with him and it forces us to relax!

@ather  Awe, that's so great you guys do that together! What foot mask has been your favorite so far? 

@Shosh85  The Dr Jart one I think is our fav!! Second would be the Sephora Collection one. We also tried the Aveeno brand one but it was too gooey after. I’d like to try a peeling one. I have one in my cart on amazon. So if I order it I’ll let you know how it goes!  I remember when I lived in the city I use to buy brand I don’t remember and it was really good. I’m going to the city maybe next week so I’ll check when I’m there! Do you have a favourite? 

1 Reply