Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@eshoe  They you so much, they worked great! I thought it was kinda funny that the warming sensation only worked if I was sitting down ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'd love if these showed up at TJ Maxx!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

YES, I found that so bizarre, @Shosh85! It was a bit of a mind-play trying to figure out why they only warmed when I was still. It was good in that it forced me to sit still for once. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ you find some there, I wouldnโ€™t be surprised as I found a couple there just before shopping came to a halt๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 sounds really nice! I need to use a moisturizing foot mask..

@lmaster  I loved them! I warming aspect is so nice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Glad you enjoyed these!! My husband and I have been doing a weekly foot mask! I really enjoy some alone time with him and it forces us to relax!

@ather  Awe, that's so great you guys do that together! What foot mask has been your favorite so far? 

@Shosh85  The Dr Jart one I think is our fav!! Second would be the Sephora Collection one. We also tried the Aveeno brand one but it was too gooey after. Iโ€™d like to try a peeling one. I have one in my cart on amazon. So if I order it Iโ€™ll let you know how it goes!  I remember when I lived in the city I use to buy brand I donโ€™t remember and it was really good. Iโ€™m going to the city maybe next week so Iโ€™ll check when Iโ€™m there! Do you have a favourite? 

@ather  This Dr. Jart one is definitely my favorite so far! I have a few different peels and have had great experiences with all of them........ I would LOVE if I could get my husband to use a foot peel! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Which one do you have?

@Shosh85  Will your husband do a regular foot mask? Mine seems to love doing them. It seems itโ€™s been our COVID treat. 

57EF78EB-0A4D-45F6-B5D2-25FC2E51B83D.jpeg

โ€ƒthis is the peeling foot mask. We tried it tonight. We will see what happens. I donโ€™t have much that would peel but my husband has pretty bad feet. 
His review is that he didnโ€™t like that you had to cut the booties to get to the sock part. Unlike the others we used itโ€™s not open already. And the sock was not easy to separate. It had a strong lavender scent mixed with a chemical smell. 

That is so fun it has a warming effect! That alone makes them tempting @Shosh85 

@Weetart  My thoughts exactly ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‰ Wven in the summertime my feet are always cold! 

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

C is for Cooling. Most of us know all about the skyn eyemasks so I wonโ€™t go into too much detail. I love how they are kinda puffy and springy. And how they actually work. I woke up, washed my face, was shocked at how much my age spots and freckles have been fading, finally seeing good results but made a grumpy face when I saw my eyes. Sooo out came these puppies. Thank goodness I still have a stack of these. Wonder sponges. Smooths everything out and makes me appear more well rested than I actually am.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Yesss, love these patches. Glad they worked their magic on you, @Weetart!! 

Love these eye gels, @Weetart!

@Weetart Interesting!

Oh yes the Skyn Iceland eye gels @Weetart! I have a couple bags of them but still I hoard them. I need to get them out.

These are great eye masks @Weetart happy to see they are a winner for you too ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Weetart  These are great!! I love them!

@Weetart  I agree, these are magic! Just wish the effect lasted longer! Glad you enjoy using these too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

C = collagen, an ingredient Iโ€™m still not convinced does much when applied topically (vs. consumed orally), but here we are with the JayJun Collagen Skin Fit Mask. 

Used this on top of AHA, BHA, and retinol tonight.Used this on top of AHA, BHA, and retinol tonight.

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Hydrates skin; improves elasticity and firmness; reverses dullness. 

Ingredients: I chose this mask more for its ginseng than collagen, along with the high listing of niacinamide. Iโ€™m not impressed by the presence of anise (in the essence) and mistletoe (in the mask), as both can irritate skin. But I do like that ginseng and niacinamide are listed higher than both of those in these lists. I always love to see sodium hyaluronate, and there are other wonderful dry skin extras like calcium pantothenate (the salt form of vitamin B5), urea, a ceramide, squalane, imperata cylindrica root, and trehalose. Also, the essence step contains a stable form of vitamin C. 

Spoiler

Step 1 Essence: Water, Methylpropanediol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Panax Ginseng Callus Culture Extract, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sea Water, Allantoin, Betaine, Calcium Pantothenate, Beta-Glucan, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pyridoxine HCL, Tocopheryl Acetate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Maltodextrin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance 

Step 2 Mask: Water, Methylpropanediol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Panax Ginseng Callus Culture Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Squalane, Saccharomyces/Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Imperata Cylindrica Root Ferment Extract, Trehalose, Betaine, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Adenosine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diethoxyethyl Succinate, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Phospholipids, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance 

Performance: The hyaluronic acid essence was a very thick clear gel, almost a jelly texture. There was so much, I couldโ€™ve easily used just 1/3 of the packet. But I used the whole thing and would up applying to to my neck, chest, shoulders, hands, and wrists. The sheet mask serum was a thinner gel; there was enough of it left behind in the step 2 sleeve to cover my neck and chest. 

This mask uses a very thin and soft cupra sheet that just needed a bit of snipping at the eyeholesโ€™ inner corners and mouth hole corners for a good fit. The nose was too long but I folded it up rather than trim it shorter. There was a warm floral scent that wasnโ€™t strong enough to make me sneeze, but was present throughout the 40 minute wear time. It took a good 3 minutes to massage and press all residual serum into my skin, leaving no pilling but quite a bit of tack. 

Results: Glowy, plumply hydrated, and moisturized skin with a mild brightness. All the deep lines under my eyes were softenedโ€”still visible of course, but softer looking due to plumped up skin. Thanks largely (I assume) to the squalane and ceramide in the mask serum, my skin said โ€œpsh, we donโ€™t need a moisturizer on top of this!โ€ But I wanted to tame the tack, so I applied a very thin layer of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion everywhere Iโ€™d applied the mask serum. 

This is definitely a cold weather mask. Maybe also one for very dry climates, or for folks with a full face of very dry skin. My oily zone wasnโ€™t so sure about it while I was massaging in residual serum, so I tried to sweep some of the serum off my nose area and onto my dry-zone cheeks. An hour later, my nose seems to think โ€œhuh, that serumโ€™s not so swampy after all,โ€ and my cheeks are super plush and happy. 

Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™d used this mask before, but apparently itโ€™d been a while because I couldnโ€™t remember how my skin felt about it. Now Iโ€™m glad I have a box of these to use this winter. 

@WinglessOne This one had me intrigued when I saw the word collagen.  Great info

1 Reply
testing