Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@WinglessOne I need to start using more multi step masks, this one sounds like it turned out great

@WinglessOne  I'm always hearing good things about these multi-step JayJun masks and I'm happy to hear both steps were great! Glowy, plump, hydrated, moisturized and brightened definitely sound like wonderful results! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I ought to use my leet access to all academic journals to see if there have been any conclusive studies, maybe one day I'll remember too lol @WinglessOne 

At least it does the plumping job. I never get enough of that. Plump the wrinkles and dark circles away!!!!

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Love herbivore prism glow facial mask! Itโ€™s amazing and leaves your face literally glowing!

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@lindseyyfaye  Glad to hear you love it! I've only tried their Emerald oil, but it's something I can't be without! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Ooooh! Iโ€™ll have to look into that! @Shosh85

I haven't tried any of herbivore's masks @lindseyyfaye I should take a look sometime!

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

You absolute should ๐Ÿ˜Š the prism is super lightweight and is so refreshing after! Highly recommend! @Weetart

C for Clarity & supposedly Cooling....& I forgot to take a pic ๐Ÿ˜Herbivore Blue Tansy

Smell?It has a pretty strong scent. Not sure exactly what it is....almost sweet but plant like. I think Im pretty tolerant of smells unless it's sulfur that one I'm watching the clock!๐Ÿ˜’

Consistency?thin but messy, like a watered down syrup. It went on clear & dried down clear. I left this on for 40 min....& washed off pretty easily. I didn't need to use a cloth. 

Ease of use?no issues while on. But im going to use a spatula or brush next time. I don't like having to double dip into jars & this is so thin, you have to, to be able to cover your face even with a thin layer. 

Would I  purchase/try again? I opened the sample that I had the longest & its pretty big jar so im kinda regretting that.๐Ÿ˜ I kept putting this off because I was scared of it honestly! I thought it would be a lot stronger & after DE baby making a mess of my face. I kinda side eye bha/ aha & anything else claiming to resurface! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I didn't feel any discomfort or tingly while the mask was on. & washing off it almost felt hydrated. I rinsed again to make sure i got everything off. I'm going to use this more before I rate, & use a foil of it that's more recent. 

Oh I love this mask, @sonnydee!! It is surprisingly gentle for a resurfacing mask, so I love that it leaves my skin smooth without any issues. I agree, definitely needs a brush to apply, is a bit goopy otherwise. I hope it continues to work for you!!

@sonnydee Love blue tansy.  Will try this mask

This is a really nice mask, I just wish I could feel immediate soft skin after using it @sonnydee 

Yeah, I expected to see more immediate results too @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜ hope to see something with more use

@sonnydee  So far so good! I hope you continue to like it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have high hopes for this after loving the prism serum @Shosh85 

I totally should try this brands masks. I used a bottle of their bakuchinol serum once (since been discontinued) and wasn't impressed. I'll have to get a sample and check it out. @sonnydee once I'm allowed to get samples again at my local Sephora.

I love their Prism serum, it helps clear breakouts & prevent new ones- even around that special time of the month ๐Ÿ˜‰ @Weetart I just need to use it consistently..I get lazy or am trying out new stuff so I have to limit myself on the products I use.

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Tonight Iโ€™m going for a C for the Creme shop. Roses are Red, Violets are blue. Ooh it smells lovely and is hydrating. And while these are off theme Iโ€™m using the good ole laneige lip mask and continuing to use up my โ€œgrape jellyโ€ sleeping mask. Love it all. So relaxing and soothing.

@Weetart  I have this one and have been putting it off because my nose isn't a huge fan of floral scents - does it smell strong? Sounds like a nice one! ๐ŸŒน

@Shosh85 it does have a very strong rose scent. So if you are sensitive, I'd avoid it.

@Weetart I bet that smelled good!

testing